Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What ever happened to the CME valance STYLE dual exit photoshop???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 02:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00CaliforniaZ28
The one problem ive come across is that with that much material missing a lot of the structure is taken out of the valence, and it wants to "curl up".
Can some of the plastic weld or epoxy be used to add pieces for additional support or edge trim?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nick_Rapitis
nice job man...it probably wouldnt look horrible leaving the middle the way it...it looks like your edges in the new holes are rounded...how'd you do that or was the valance just thick enough for it?
The valence was actually thinker than I thought (which proved a bitch to cut), I just went at it for hours and hours with a dremel with a sanding drum. I tried a jigsaw, sawzall, 2 cutting bits for my dremel, and nothing really worked well. So just sanded the entire openings, took forever! lol I have a few ideas about filling in the middle that doesnt just leave it flat. If im gonna go through the work I think im gonna try something at least a little different, but Ill see.

Originally Posted by chevroletfreak
Can some of the plastic weld or epoxy be used to add pieces for additional support or edge trim?
Probably wouldnt be too difficult to add support. If I have to make a fiberglass piece to fill in the middle, and then bond it to the valence, then that itself should provide plenty of structure. I just want to mount it on the bumper and let it hang and see how it looks before I decide if it needs to be messed with at all. Im not sure if I want to try and add trim around the inside of the openings, theres really only about a 1/2" of space all the way around the tips, so not sure it would really be visible anyhow.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would definitely be in for the dual outlet exhaust. It would look awesome with my dual dual Meg's slick tips that I'm putting on my true duals run out the back.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:31 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UPDATE: DUAL EXHAUST VALANCE IS GETTING CLOSE TO BEING FINISHED...

I just needed to verify placement of the cut out area for the tips tonight... So, I went down stairs and mocked it up.

I had to decided on placement because aftermarket Camaro exhaust is NOT centered. Go look at your cars, the driver side is 2-4 inches further from the center than the passenger side.

My original idea was to just go with the driver side and make the passenger side match it (like the Trans-Ams SEEM to do)...

However, since CME tips (now split into DE tips) are 10" wide I felt it looked a little weird...

The pipe (center of tip) is centered under middle line of tail light but it just looks odd to me.

SO, I then tried going with the passenger side tip, bringing them in closer like this photoshop...

Looks alright in the photshop, but in person looks odd as well...

Don't get me wrong, the tips alone (and in comparison to the license plate) look great... HOWEVER, when you take in the ENTIRE REAR OF THE CAR, you see it looks weird with the tips being further in than the tail lights.

I realized that, traditionally, dual exhaust just looks better further out...

So, finally, I decided to (going from the center) have tip start where the tail light starts, like pretty much ALL cars (noticed this on other cars in the parking garage) do, like the 05-06 GTO...

and make it ACTUALLY like the Trans-Ams (if you look close you could fit another license plate between the tip center and the edge of the license plate, this is the same distance and my final decision for the Camaro)...

and ended up with this...

Like it or leave it this is the placement Valance should be finished within a few weeks...

Maybe someone will be bored enough to take one of the last pics and chop a valance on to it for us
Old 02-27-2009, 05:33 AM
Banned

P.S. Tips look big because I am using 3" on my setup... The smaller 2.5" are available...
Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with your placement. Should be even to look right. When I was running my custom pipes out the back years ago, I keyed on the frame rails in the back where the exhaust hangers bolt up. Running each pipe out even with the rail. That way the hanger is straight above each exhaust pipe.

I can't wait until these are ready. They are going to look awesome with true duals and Meg's dual dual slick tips. I might have to massage the opening as my outlets are 3.5".
Old 02-28-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Once again, Im honored that yall are using my old car for a subject. This is at the time when I had all the appearance mods done. Damn I miss that car!!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
P.S. Tips look big because I am using 3" on my setup... The smaller 2.5" are available...

I do think a photo of the the 2.5" tips will look better IMHO the 3" setup looks really big
Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

so will we still be able to use corsa tips with the new valance ...how wide are the cut outs for the tips?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Banned

Getting exhaust put on today, valance is almost finished...
Old 03-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

i cant wait to see what it looks like im def gonna buy this once its all finalized!!!! 6le your freaking amazing!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LT1-Camo
so will we still be able to use corsa tips with the new valance ...how wide are the cut outs for the tips?
I'm 99% sure I will be releasing TWO new valances soon... One will be made specifially for these tips (so a 10" cut out) and another with NO OPENINGS AT ALL... so you can run NO exhaust (dumped) or, since it will be extra thick, cut out any opening you want
Old 03-24-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Exciting! I can't wait to see this!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

sweet, cant wait to see another innovation come to life
Old 03-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Mark, so you will actually be selling this new CME type of valance soon? I want in on it for sure, with the standard size CME tips.

Ryan B.

Columbia, SC
Old 03-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SOMcockySS
Mark, so you will actually be selling this new CME type of valance soon? I want in on it for sure, with the standard size CME tips.

Ryan B.

Columbia, SC
Yup. It will be CME tips, split apart, each with their own opening on either side. Same material and shape as the CME valance I sell now and it should be the same price (I'll know soon).

I have exhaust pics and stuff I'm uploading now...
Old 03-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Banned

One step closer... I just had my dual exhaust (with tips) installed today:

Valance hopefully by the weekend

More pics, info and sound clips of exhaust here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...l#post11307950
Old 03-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Launching!

Damn, everytime I try to play the clip on photobucket it says no video......might be this damn work computer. Want to hear it bad

I do love my GMMG though. Cant wait for the motor transformation this summer! A big cam will sure open her up.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

Here's some (old now) progress pics...

Also, you can have them just come straight out (which most DE's do) leaving the angled look OR angle your tips and it will look straight with the valance... It is made so you have room to do either:

Old 05-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Banned

Ready for sale for those who are interested...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...eady-sale.html

Quick Reply: What ever happened to the CME valance STYLE dual exit photoshop???