Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Defroster Vent Raptor Shift Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defroster Vent Raptor Shift Light

Alright I've read numerous post on where and how to make the physical wire connections. My question is, if I put the light in the A-pillar defroster vent hole. How will I route the wires. Do you all take the A-pillar off? How do take the wires from the vent hole all the way to the passenger side to route to the PCM?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

this is how i did it, so maybe it will help. Take the wire that you are running from the pcm to the shift light and hook it up to the pcm module pin #10 first then route that through the grommet in the firewall. Now i also swapped in my dvdplayer the same day so i had my cd player out, which helped. i fed the wire from the grommet across underneath the dash and all the way to the a pillar. and yes i took my a pillar off. i hooked the pwr and ground to the fuse box. i hope this helps a lil...
Old 12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

i ran my wires through the grommit and connected them to the pcm, but I did not take off the a piller. I have my wires run though the bottom of the a piller and under the dash and into the back side of the glove compartment
Old 12-05-2007, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

If you have T-Tops, there are only two screws that hold the pillar cover on. I removed it, pulled the flexible vent tube that runs to the defrost out and then ran the wiring down into the dash. I was able to remove the lower dash panel and see the wiring. Once I did that, I pulled it across the dash and through the passenger side firewall to connect to the PCM.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed the a-pillar, installed my Harlan light in a rubber grommet then the grommet/light together into the pillar. Ran my wires from the passanger side thru the dash with a piece of really flexible metal wire, pulled them up from behind the fuse block & that should put your wires comming out right where the a-pillar goes. Connect proper wires, stuff extra wire length back into the dash, reinstall pillar & your done.

There is a little rubber piece you can run the wire thru on the passanger side under the PCM. I was able to use the metal wire i used to poke thru it. It will put your wires indies the car on the passanger side right behind the kick panel.

Quick Reply: Defroster Vent Raptor Shift Light