Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Halo Lense on Whistlers Write up

Old 07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halo Lense on Whistlers Write up

I do know there was a few people asking for some sorta write up to do these... so I will attempt my first write up...

1. Ok well you do all the typical steps to get them painted *stockers* then I put the halo headlights in the oven for 25 mins at temp 250 degrees *not 20* due to the silicone on those are alot tougher for some reason... when you take them out... use mits and continue to use them till you are done cause that plastic will hold that heat for a good while.. I took them out.. let them sit for 2 mins

2. Took a exacto knife or razor blade and it cut right through it like hot butter but please be careful cause when you start to pull them apart the silicone will stretch and fall across the lense and it is a PAIN to get off
*if it does happen use a hand towl and rub on it till it gets very thin and keep pressure and rubbing and it will eventually come off*

3. Then use your glass cleaner of choice and clean the inside of the lense very good.

4. I then used a all weather high temp CLEAR silicone *I dont recall the brand but I can get it if anyone needs it* put a decent amount around the outside because it is clear if you use too much you can rub it off without it ruining anything at all.

5. I used 2 rubber ended pressure clamps and squeezed it together for 5 hours to make sure everything had dried and was not gonna shift.

6. Pull the stock rubber stripping off the halo crystal clear lense that you have glued to your whistlers cause its cheap as hell and will crack like crazy... Use the rubber stripping off a set of stockers or buy a new one for the lights...

7. This is the only hard part of it all... I used DAP Contact Cement to glue the stripping on.. was fairly easy.. it comes with a brush to spread a THIN layer all the way around the light where the stripping will go

8. Spread the same thin layer to the stripping itself let it sit under a fan for about 5 mins... you will touch it and it will feel dry, thats what you want... you get 1 shot at this...

9. Apply the stripping the 2 *feeling dry glue* will stick together very quickly and dry to be like cement...

10. Let it sit for 2-5 hours to make sure it was nice and firm and BAM!

You have a crystal clear lense that wont cloud or fog over... I will take pics for you guys tomorrow morning I hope this helped anyone that was curious about doing it

Last edited by SSquid; 07-29-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a suggestion... if you section that into paragraphs or a step by step process, it would make it a little easier to read.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Hope that helped...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Halo Lense on Whistlers Write up