Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G-Body LS1

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G-Body LS1

I've searched and googled, but most people that have the best luck seem to be fabbing up their own. I've got a '84 Cutlass and wanting to know which mounts, oil pan, long tube headers, and if I can use the stock tranny crossmember with my TH350. I can't weld, so home fab is out. Don't wanna spend an arm and a leg on just mounts. Solid mounts are fine and actually preferred. Thanks. Sorry if it's been asked a bunch, I just couldn't find what I was looking for.

Chris

EDIT: Sorry, not much background. I mean I'm not wanting to get a pan cut-up and rewelded, and don't want to have to cut/fab much in the car. The car is going to be a street/strip car running mid 10's if it matters. Thanks again.

Last edited by CHRIZ28; 06-14-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

Alot of people get the "carshopinc" adapter plates and use the factory motor mounts on the swaps. Thats what I did. As for oil pan- lh8 or cts-v pan should work best. I went with the lh8 pan. Headers are all over the place. Most shorty types will work. I beleive pacesetter makes a set that fits with little mods. Use the search feature on this forum. X member depends on how the factory trans sat, or was equiped with
Old 06-14-2009, 12:45 AM
10 Second Club

Cool deal. Thanks. Would like to stay with long tubes if possible. I'll do some more looking around. Thanks again.

Chris
Old 06-14-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i used solid frame mounts for a 82-92 camaro jegs part number 710-62610 and use the tallest moroso steel mounts the ones close to 3 inches tall..and i used the the 6.0 trruck oil pan...98-2002 non emission f-body long tube headers,jegs cross member part number 510-410509(YOU WILL HAVE TO OBLONG THE HOLES ON THE FRAME FOR THE CROSS MEMBER TO FIT)but you mite be able to use the stock trans cross member also....just set the motor in the car square it up with the motor mounts and frame mounts bolted up(a couple of the frame holes mite line up and the others you will have to drill.....if you give me about a month i will have all the stuff you need for the swap because i'm switching my ls motor to a foxbody...i have the headers jegs crossmember and all the mounts needed for a ls g-bodyswap....hope this helps its really easy to do also.....and you can use your stock drive shaft.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Now thats the info I was looking for! Let me know when you're ready, and what your looking to get for it all.

Chris
Old 06-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

supreme 84 is a member here and swapped an ls into 84 cutty, but a set of f-body longtubes will fit your car with either very little mods or none at all depending on the manafacturer. Pacesetters = no mods
Old 06-16-2009, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Yea, that's what made get alittle more motivated about doing the swap. But he made his engine mounts I believe. I really like hearing the headers will all but fit, engine swap headers are always crazy high it seems. Hopefully be buying the mounts, headers, and crossmember from "billyflantos". I think it'll make for a cool car, be something different. The car's been hanging around for over two years. Didn't want to buy another "roller" with it still sitting there. lol. Thanks for all the help guys.

Chris
Old 06-16-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHRIZ28
Yea, that's what made get alittle more motivated about doing the swap. But he made his engine mounts I believe. I really like hearing the headers will all but fit, engine swap headers are always crazy high it seems. Hopefully be buying the mounts, headers, and crossmember from "billyflantos". I think it'll make for a cool car, be something different. The car's been hanging around for over two years. Didn't want to buy another "roller" with it still sitting there. lol. Thanks for all the help guys.

Chris
chris,as soon as superchevy is over in charlotte at the end of june,i'lll take the car apart....anybody want the rest of the car 85 turbo regal with all kinds of good stuff on it(it's pictured in my avatar)

Quick Reply: G-Body LS1