Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Body Oil Pan on 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Body Oil Pan on 5.3 - NEED PICTURES

I am trying to put an F-Body oil pan on my 5.3, all aluminum LM4. I have the pan, tray, pickup; but looking at the F-body pan, there is a plastic fitting screwed through the pan (on the right side of the pan) that protrudes into the pan 4 inches or so. It has an electrical fitting on the exterior of the pan. What is this device? The LM4 does not have a similar fitting. Will I need it, or can I just plug the hole? If I should plug the hole, what should I use for a plug? Brass plug?

Also interested in finding the torque sequence for the pan bolts, I have the torque spec's, just no sequence for tightening the bolts.

Does anyone have pictures of the bottom end of an LS motor with the F-Body pickup, as well as the oil pan with the F-Body windage tray?

I am having a difficult time getting the pan to fit over the pickup, so I can bolt the pan down. I am wandering if I have the wrong windage tray or pickup? I got it off ebay, so no telling if it's correct.

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Keith

Last edited by kcstude; 07-22-2006 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its the low oil level sensor. you dont need it. leave it in to plug the hole or just get a plug from autozone or whoever remember its metric. sorry dont remember the size.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a pic of an fbody pickup and windage tray installed on my 6.0L block. The plug is just what joel described. You can just leave it in and not plug anything into it.
Attached Thumbnails F-Body Oil Pan on 5.3-oil-pickup.jpg  
Old 07-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the pics. Keith

Quick Reply: F-Body Oil Pan on 5.3