Sponsored by:

LSx into Jet Boat??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Compressor Surge
Ooooooooooh!!!

Any idea who makes that exhaust? The brand stamp on them didn't look familiar to me...but I thought maybe some of the boat-heads on here would recognize it...
Old 04-13-2010, 12:39 PM
11 Second Club

Default Exhaust

Guys, I've been doing a little research on my own. For anyone who is considering this, you've more than likely found out that your biggest obstacle is exhaust. There has been a lot of talk on here about different manufacturers, etc. Well...here's a little info that some of us might find useful.

Crusader 6.0 Exhaust Manifolds:

R028024 CRUSADER 6.0-LITER MANIFOLD - Best price I've found on these is $186.26 from here: http://www.marineandrvpartssupply.co...arts_List.html. They are also available for $249.94 from here: http://marineengineparts.com/shopsit...l/page557.html

R029016A CRUSADER 6.0-LITER RISER - Best price I've found on these is $160.00/ea. from here: http://marineengineparts.com/shopsit...l/page557.html

RM0274 CRUSADER 6.0-LITER RISER GASKET - Best price on these I've found is $23.40, again from here: http://marineengineparts.com/shopsit...l/page557.html

Also, here are the Pleasurecraft Marine (pcmengines) part numbers. The parts look identical, but carry a slightly different part number; I didn't look up prices, but they should be comparable...mostly I listed both sets of part numbers in case anyone is lucky enough to find a used set.

R028023 - PCM Engines 6.0 Exhaust Manifold

R029016 - PCM Engines 6.0 Riser (Elbow)

RM0274 - PCM Engines 6.0 Manifold to Riser (Elbow) Gasket

I don't know if you can buy these as an exhaust package somewhere else...if anyone has any information on the best way/place to purchase these I would appreciate it; but at least now we've got some part numbers out there, should prove especially helpful if you're ordering from your local marina.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 04-14-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Nicson maybe? If that's the case, they're probably 351C manifolds. They'll fit the LS with an additional bolt hole or two. I've got a pair of the Hardins 351Cs in my basement if you want pics, dimensions.
As for the Crusaders, looks like you found pretty good deals.

Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Any idea who makes that exhaust? The brand stamp on them didn't look familiar to me...but I thought maybe some of the boat-heads on here would recognize it...

Last edited by garys 68; 04-14-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by garys 68
Nicson maybe? If that's the case, they're probably 351C manifolds. They'll fit the LS with an additional bolt hole or two. I've got a pair of the Herdins 351Cs in my basement if you want pics, dimensions.
As for the Crusaders, looks like you found pretty good deals.
Ah, that makes sense. I don't really need dimensions...I just need to find a set for sale. Either that, or maybe I'll get a set of those Crusader manifolds...

You're basement manifolds wouldn't be for sale, would they?

Last edited by FormulaZR; 04-13-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Default double quotes

I couldn't get either link to work...would you try again as I'm very interested in owning a pair of these?!
How do you get double quotes in the same post? This would save me time and posts.
TECH Senior Member

thanks
TECH Senior Member

Jim

LOL
Old 04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
Jim

LOL
Use the box that has the quote and the plus sign (" +). Click that beside as many posts as you're going to quote and then either hit reply...or you can simply just press "quote" on the last post in the series.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I've been doing a little research on my own. For anyone who is considering this, you've more than likely found out that your biggest obstacle is exhaust. There has been a lot of talk on here about different manufacturers, etc. Well...here's a little info that some of us might find useful..
GREAT FIND!!!! My mouse finger is trembling, on the verge of ordering this up.

Going thru-transom wouldn't look as cool as some OT headers, but it would definitely make things sooooooooooooooo much easier for me right now. I wouldn't have to cap my thru-transom holes, I wouldn't have to buy a Bassett T-valve, I wouldn't have to modify headers to work with water lines.

The only problem i see, is getting the initial tune done....but I suppose I could bolt up the set of Hooker Super-Comps that my buddy loaned me, and tune it with the wideband with dry exhaust, and then slap the water cooled stuff back on?

Hmmm....
Old 04-14-2010, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Going thru-transom wouldn't look as cool as some OT headers, but it would definitely make things sooooooooooooooo much easier for me right now. I wouldn't have to cap my thru-transom holes, I wouldn't have to buy a Bassett T-valve, I wouldn't have to modify headers to work with water lines.

The only problem i see, is getting the initial tune done....but I suppose I could bolt up the set of Hooker Super-Comps that my buddy loaned me, and tune it with the wideband with dry exhaust, and then slap the water cooled stuff back on?

Hmmm....
I actually think that'd be a pretty good way of doing it. You could maybe even use a set of factory manifolds turned upside down so that the exhaust flow would be a little closer; so you're tuned more closely to the actual exhaust you'll be running.

I am planning on an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and the MSD 6010 for simplicity...so I haven't considered how to tune.

On a side note...you have a PM from me.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Use the box that has the quote and the plus sign (" +). Click that beside as many posts as you're going to quote and then either hit reply...or you can simply just press "quote" on the last post in the series.
Thanks,
Jim
Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Hmmm....
If you'll look back at my post, I also added the part numbers for PCM Engines manifolds...so that gives you another option. I believe the parts are exactly the same...but who knows, you might find a used set or some kind of great deal on one and not the other!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well..........summer is coming fast, so I needed to get something for exhaust....so I ordered up this exhaust setup from Crusader. Right around $800 shipped. Hope it works...haha.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Well..........summer is coming fast, so I needed to get something for exhaust....so I ordered up this exhaust setup from Crusader. Right around $800 shipped. Hope it works...haha.
Excellent! What are you doing for the front mount of the engine? I was going to modify a Madman Front Mount Plate...

Also, on the elbow of the exhaust you'll need a plug (unless you ordered that too). It's where an optional exhaust switch could be put in (it's circled on the attached picture). I don't know if there's a way you could use that for an O2 sensor bung...but I still don't know what you'd do about the cooled exhaust skewing the readings.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Um....Well...........I cancelled my order for that exhaust. After looking at it a bit closer, the manifolds are so close to the head that the coils have to be relocated. I'm not wanting to do that, so back to the drawing board....

For mounts, I'm using the stock 3 point setup. I made mounts to go from the block to the iso-mounted studs on the stringers.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Um....Well...........I cancelled my order for that exhaust. After looking at it a bit closer, the manifolds are so close to the head that the coils have to be relocated. I'm not wanting to do that, so back to the drawing board....

For mounts, I'm using the stock 3 point setup. I made mounts to go from the block to the iso-mounted studs on the stringers.
I see that now, too. However, relocating the coils should be easy enough, shouldn't it?
Old 04-14-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, but I don't want to. I'd rather go with a set like this if I'm gonna do a thru-transom.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, but I don't want to. I'd rather go with a set like this if I'm gonna do a thru-transom.
Those are nice. Clean and simple...

I think I'm just going to use 351C water logs - sure it's a couple extra holes; but it's cheap and then I can concentrate on the other stuff.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

You guys are making me feel guilty for sitting on these Hardins. I've been collecting marine parts, manifolds, mounts, transmission, etc, but just lost my job...So I'm having a hard time justifying a new project toy.
Those are nice. Clean and simple...

I think I'm just going to use 351C water logs - sure it's a couple extra holes; but it's cheap and then I can concentrate on the other stuff.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Did you get my 2nd PM?

Originally Posted by garys 68
You guys are making me feel guilty for sitting on these Hardins. I've been collecting marine parts, manifolds, mounts, transmission, etc, but just lost my job...So I'm having a hard time justifying a new project toy.

Quick Reply: LSx into Jet Boat??