Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Worth getting a C6Z over my C5Z

Old 06-16-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redcorvette2000
yeah man ive owned them all....I have a head cammed m6 c6 ls3 and its fast as ****, my c6 z06 is cammed and makes about 40 more rwhp...Its hard to explain the difference in the two (and c5's) until you drive them...That ls7 would freakin blow the doors off my ls3....It is way faster and it does it with EASE...Line up an even modded ls3 with and ls7 and the ls3 gets fucked up bottom line...I have about 5k in mods in the c6z and over 10k in my c6 and imo used c6z's are very reasonable...The ls7 with heads cam and bolt-ons and you have a 580-600 rwhp monster with great suspension and lot of cubes to go with it.....I say c6z for the win and the price.....But thats just my opinion...
thats awesome that you have both. What cam did you use in the C6?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quik Sand
thats awesome that you have both. What cam did you use in the C6?
Lg g7x4 cam in the z06/vengeance stage II in the ls3....I am sending it to vengeance here in a couple of months for some west coast cylinder heads and slightly bigger cam and a few other things....
Old 06-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Launching!

You've gotten some really good feedback from others on here.
I went from a C5Z to a C6 Z51 6M and then to a C6Z. If money isn't an object and you are seriously in love with the C6Z, I suggest your persue one. They are a remarkable car in every way. C5 rides firmer and has more road feel. C6 has a softer ride and the LS7 just pulls and pulls. I didn't think the cars would ride much different but I was surprised at how different they really feel. If you lived closer, I'd throw you the keys and let you get a first hand experience. I suggest you find a way to get behind the wheel for a test drive. I think you'll like it.

My C5Z and C6Z hangin out.
Sorry about the huge pic. Pic is on my home based server and I don't have access from here.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by performinnorman
you've gotten some really good feedback from others on here.
I went from a c5z to a c6 z51 6m and then to a c6z. If money isn't an object and you are seriously in love with the c6z, i suggest your persue one. They are a remarkable car in every way. C5 rides firmer and has more road feel. C6 has a softer ride and the ls7 just pulls and pulls. I didn't think the cars would ride much different but i was surprised at how different they really feel. If you lived closer, i'd throw you the keys and let you get a first hand experience. I suggest you find a way to get behind the wheel for a test drive. I think you'll like it.

My c5z and c6z hangin out.
Sorry about the huge pic. Pic is on my home based server and i don't have access from here.
i hate you
Old 06-16-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

I went from a C5Z to a C6 Z51 6M and then to a C6Z. If money isn't an object and you are seriously in love with the C6Z, I suggest your persue one. They are a remarkable car in every way. C5 rides firmer and has more road feel. C6 has a softer ride and the LS7 just pulls and pulls. I didn't think the cars would ride much different but I was surprised at how different they really feel. If you lived closer, I'd throw you the keys and let you get a first hand experience. I suggest you find a way to get behind the wheel for a test drive. I think you'll like it.

Sorry about the huge pic. Pic is on my home based server and I don't have access from here.
Absolutely beautiful C6Z...man I really hope I can get one here soon.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Nice pic
Old 06-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys. Now if I can just get this fricken LS6/T56 in my S10, I'll be a happy camper. I'm tired of these big projects.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

I rode in a c5z and c6z back to back when I purchased my 03 a few months ago. The seller was selling both his 06 and 03z. Both cars had full exhaust and intake. The ls7 terrified me while riding shotgun the tq is so addictive. I think the c5z would hang in there till about 100 and then get murdered next the c6.

The big thing for me was price. The c5 was $20k less than the $45k c6 and with less miles. $45g's would have put a little too much of a financial strain on me, not to mention the more expensive brakes, tires, etc on the new z. The c5z with bolt-ons is still stout and can't be touched for mid $20k's.

I honestly still think the c5z looks better than the new one, not counting the wide tires and wide-body of the c6. The c6z interior also didn't impress me much more than the c5z. It is better though and the seats are better which is what counts. I would say since you've experienced the c5z and are can afford it, get the c6z, I will eventually. Doesn't mean I'll sell my c5.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with the above on all counts except that the C6Z will walk the C5Z long before 100MPH stock for stock.

Either way, they're both plenty fast. If you can swing it, the C6Z is better. Factory dry sump FTW!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes stock for stock a c6z has anywhere from 60-75 rwhp on a c5z.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

Sorry, when I'm comparing the C5z to the bad boy Z I'm figuring a C5z like mine which has bolt-ons. Any stock C6z's in SD want to find out if I can hang until 100, with my lowly bolt-on z, hit me up.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Banned

I wish I would have had the cash for a new c6Z06 hell even those LS3 are badass as well. It just the body style is a little to Euro for me. But I still like it tho just not as much American Muscle in it as the C5.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

I was in this same boat about 2 years ago.

I was looking to pick up my first vette, Loved the C6Z but had my eye on the prices of the C5Z.

I ended up going with my current car, a C6 Z51, but it's highly modded. It'll walk a C6Z and a ZR1....but it's just "not" a C6Z in my mind. I've got my car for sale, mainly because I don't drive it enough.

So, I have no use for the "extra handling ability" of a C6Z, I've got plenty of get up and go with my Z51.

Go with what you like. I'll probably take a year or 2 off once I sell my C6 before I get back into another Vette, just to many other projects
Old 06-20-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
I was in this same boat about 2 years ago.

I was looking to pick up my first vette, Loved the C6Z but had my eye on the prices of the C5Z.

I ended up going with my current car, a C6 Z51, but it's highly modded. It'll walk a C6Z and a ZR1....but it's just "not" a C6Z in my mind. I've got my car for sale, mainly because I don't drive it enough.

So, I have no use for the "extra handling ability" of a C6Z, I've got plenty of get up and go with my Z51.

Go with what you like. I'll probably take a year or 2 off once I sell my C6 before I get back into another Vette, just to many other projects
Sometimes it kinda nice having a base model and head hunting for the people that think they are bad *** cuz they have a z06 (and you know their out there).....Fullfilling when you wax that ***...Its kind of different imo and cheaper...
Old 06-21-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's like saying, "Sometimes it's cool to drive a honda with lots of NO2 because we can show up all those people that bought fast cars from the factory."

I'm not saying that the C6 base/vert isn't a bad *** car. I'm just saying that in the end no matter how many mods you got, it's still a base/vert. I bought a C5Z because I think it looks better and because it comes from the factory fast. It's 7 years old and it's STILL faster than the majority of factory stock cars out there.

I've kicked a couple of Ferrari driver's asses out there but in the end, they probably don't care because they have a Ferrari and I have a Corvette.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you can afford it go with the C6ZO6.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

C5 Looks alot better than the zs06 and yours would prolly take one. So keep yours and do a forged 427 Kit with a procharger instead of paying the extra 40k in buying the car and mods.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Teching In

If you can swing it and still be within your financial means, I would go for it.

I've recently driven both (stock) and the C6Z is just a beast in comparison.
I don't know how to put it exactly but it seemed to just do everything at a much higher level of performance.

I just now have to sell my 19k mile SS and convince the wife that we NEED the ZO6.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

my vote c6z all the way
Old 07-03-2010, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jbs02somws6
Sorry, when I'm comparing the C5z to the bad boy Z I'm figuring a C5z like mine which has bolt-ons. Any stock C6z's in SD want to find out if I can hang until 100, with my lowly bolt-on z, hit me up.
Now that there is just funny. When my ZO6 was stock, it had 60whp more than your bolt-on C5Z - how do you pull a C6Z to 100 with a 60whp handicap?

Put some tires on that thing and bring it to Fontana. There are usually a handful of stock-ish C6Z's there that would probably like a friendly match.

Back to the OP, I've had 2 C5 coupes (1 modded), a C6 Z51 LS2 (modded), and now a C6Z (modded), and there is really no comparison. Like said earlier, if just going for power, build your C5Z. If wanting the whole package (which is what it's really about), settle for nothing less than the C6Z.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Worth getting a C6Z over my C5Z