Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I save the wipers with a Carb?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can I save the wipers with a Carb?

Is it possible to save the windshield wipers when modifying the cowl for running a carb set up.
This on a Gen IV F-body of course..
Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

bumping because i would like to keep atleast 1 wiper on my ****
Old 06-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You might be able to do it... what I would do, is try to turn the carb sideways, and just run the floats in it like are used with a dual quad setup since the carb won't be happy turned.

Not sure what's available for 4150 carb's that might work that way, if you are putting a dominator on and your intake has a 4500 flange it's easy.

This will for sure allow alot less of the cowl to need removing, making it alot more doable, IMO.

I think you probably can keep the wipers, the arms will be exposed and you will need to reinforce the remaining part once you cut it for the carb, but it's probably doable. Might require making an arm or trimming the arm, as long as you're just trying to clear water and not snow or something it would probably be o.k.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

def not trying to clear snow..i would just like to take her for short road cruises every now and again..the lt1 motor will only be 11.5-1 with juice and the turbo lsx will be 9-1..

i still have to become friends with some one who does inspection up here because no e brake or lil things equal no sticker up here..

i have thought about turning the carb side ways also..
Old 06-03-2010, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what I did....

Now with the 4500 TB in place.

So here is what I did:

Cut out the middle wiper, but saved the rods that run to it from the wiper motor. Then took and rotated the arm of the wiper motor forward and cut/re-welded the connecting rod shorter and attached it directly to the drivers side wiper. I even capped off the winshield fluid for the passenger side, but left the driver's side attached. So now it is fully functional. The only problem?

With a windshield length cowl (to cover the TB) the blade hits the hood. You could actually trim the cowl back a little, but I was afraid it might look stupid.... but who knows? Anyways, good luck and if you have any other questions, hit me up. The whole process only took like 45 mins total.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

big thanks..im going to do that..i dont want to run a full lenght hood anyways..i want to grab air from the windshield for the carb with a air pan.

Quick Reply: Can I save the wipers with a Carb?