Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lingenfelter Launch Control (2-step)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lingenfelter Launch Control (2-step)

Who's using it and how ya liking it. Im needing something and this looks good. Any bitches on it. I can use this in conjunction with my transbrake, Right?

Last edited by JaSSon; 03-16-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Its a very clean and easy install. To use it with the brake, you run the trigger wire in between the brake solenoid and switch.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

I wonder about its use with MSD coils?
Old 03-18-2008, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

is any one better than the other? lingenfelter vs synergy
Old 04-05-2008, 09:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MSD coils with LPE launch controller

We still haven't tested the unit with the MSD coils. We don't use those coils or sell them so I am not sure when we will have a chance to test that ourselves. I have not received any feedback from any customers regarding if it does or does not work with the MSD coils.

I don't see any particular reason why it wouldn't work with the MSD coils. The only reason I put that warning in the instructions is that we haven't tested it and I don't want to claim that it works with them until we have had a chance to test it.

Originally Posted by JaSSon
I wonder about its use with MSD coils?
Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not to jack your thread...

Is there a way that the box will dissable itself after launch? So there is no chance of activation down track.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:53 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Launch controller disable

Our box will not disable itself after launch, at least not on its own. You either have to have another switch in the wiring to disable it once you are moving (that you manually switch) or you need to use our MPH switch to use that to disable it once you are moving.

Our MPH switch takes in the MPH signal from the ECM/PCM and you then adjust what MPH you want it to trigger at (much like an RPM switch).

If you always stage/launch off the brake, you can also wire it to the brake switch so it is only active when the brakes are on.

Some customers have let the launch controller trigger during the shift on manual cars (when you press in the clutch to shift) and have said it helps improve the shifts and allows them to do wide open throttle shifts.

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
Not to jack your thread...

Is there a way that the box will dissable itself after launch? So there is no chance of activation down track.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:13 AM
LC
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE

Some customers have let the launch controller trigger during the shift on manual cars (when you press in the clutch to shift) and have said it helps improve the shifts and allows them to do wide open throttle shifts.
thats a good idea.. but it would be a bitch on nitrous
Old 04-05-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just don't care to have it popping off on every shift. There may come a time, maybe on a bad track, that I would have to lower the launch rpms below my shift point. Yeah I could use your speed based switch, but DAMN thats getting expesive.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:51 PM
10 Second Club

Some do shut off after launch, options are out there. But in general, they all seem work around the same, so it's more of a pick your poison.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd actually like to pick one of these up, I just haven't figured out how it will get wired in.

I have my transbrake wired so that with the button on, the relay changes state, so the n/o contacts close when the brake is pushed on, opening the n/c contacts, which the nitrous kist is wired to. Of course the nos kit also has a wot switch that is in line with the relay as well, so that way if my foot's not to the floor, or if the transbrake is on, the kit can't come on. Master switch also has to be on as well.

Damn race cars LOL, wiring is a pita.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Ive got in and works great with MSD coils.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:42 PM
9 Second Club

mine works awesome!! Easy as hell to install. Mine triggers WITH my tbrake button. My tbrake solenoid is activated by a ground (my tbrake switch.) the 2 step is on the same switch...activated by ground. when you let go of the tbrake button, tbrake and 2 step disengage and away you go. it is a one wire hookup...EASY install. Thanks Jason for your help getting this to me last week for our track day. Jerry Hunnicutt/67convert from ebay is how you know me
Old 04-06-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

I bought this unit, but have yet to install it yet. I will be using it with my 6spd and nitrous

the initial set RPM for launch will no longer be limited once I launch correct? I don't want to have to flip it off after I get moving...?
Old 04-06-2008, 03:36 PM
9 Second Club

correct.....have it on the clutch switch...when you let the clutch out, its like it was sitting at home in the box
Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Launch controller disable

You have to have something to turn it off or the RPM cut will occur every time you achieve that RPM point. This is basically what happens when you use the device as just a spark based RPM limiter (and connect the yellow wire directly to the green wire).

So for it to be used as a launch controller it has to be connected to some type of switch to disable it - clutch switch, brake switch, manual switch etc.

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
I bought this unit, but have yet to install it yet. I will be using it with my 6spd and nitrous

the initial set RPM for launch will no longer be limited once I launch correct? I don't want to have to flip it off after I get moving...?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

what do you recommend for a clutch switch?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Clutch switch

You could add an additional clutch switch but most people wire it into the factory clutch switch.

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
what do you recommend for a clutch switch?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default clutch switch

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
You could add an additional clutch switch but most people wire it into the factory clutch switch.
So you leave off the line, the limiter shuts down after you release clutch. You press clutch in at 6100 to shift to second. At this point does the limiter activate again (say you are launching @ 3500-fairly low launch) and motor cuts out to 3500 until you release clutch into second gear.

If this is the case, what is the solution?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:30 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by tee-boy
So you leave off the line, the limiter shuts down after you release clutch. You press clutch in at 6100 to shift to second. At this point does the limiter activate again (say you are launching @ 3500-fairly low launch) and motor cuts out to 3500 until you release clutch into second gear.

If this is the case, what is the solution?
It's only going to be on the 2-step for a very short time as you'd be shifting quickly or even powershifting. That said, the engine won't mechanically slow from, your example, of 6100 rpm to 3500 rpm in that short time...what you are doing with it wired this way is effectively taking a lot of the torque load off the driveline momentarily making it easier to do WOT shifts or near to. Take care. Dave

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter Launch Control (2-step)