Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Super Bowl is over and I'm pissed

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Bowl is over and I'm pissed

Even the always pathetic Saints now have a Super Bowl win. WHEN WILL THE F'N EAGLES WIN ONE?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree i would like to see the eagles win to but i'm happy for the saints.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JBM
Even the always pathetic Saints now have a Super Bowl win. WHEN WILL THE F'N EAGLES WIN ONE?
would love to see that..............but manning looked like he was doing a mcnabb imitation on that touchdown interception
Old 02-07-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

STFU no body likes the eagles on here JBM!!!!!!! Its ashame you can't be happy for the Saints and how they are so much better then your eagles J/K I dont know **** about football but Im not a eagle fan and thats partly cause you like them so much JBM! I"m your nemesis!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cmon, first time to the damn super bowl and the beat the infamous payeton manning. congrats for them im happy to see them win. and btw ravens will win a bowl before the eagles. lol
Old 02-07-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

I'm happy that the Saints won....sick of the Colts winning all the time.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:46 AM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zturd
STFU no body likes the eagles on here JBM!!!!!!! Its ashame you can't be happy for the Saints and how they are so much better then your eagles J/K I dont know **** about football but Im not a eagle fan and thats partly cause you like them so much JBM! I"m your nemesis!!!
Thats not a good way to get your $50
Old 02-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't kid yourself and think that was not the plan all along. I wish there were more controverisal plays and watch the refs call over 80% towards the Saints.

The "Hope of a Nation, After Katrina" makes for a good story and guarrentees merchandise sales and ad buy rates.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:06 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Don't kid yourself and think that was not the plan all along. I wish there were more controverisal plays and watch the refs call over 80% towards the Saints.

The "Hope of a Nation, After Katrina" makes for a good story and guarrentees merchandise sales and ad buy rates.
I totally agree with that statement, however they didn't need the refs help last night.
The Saints definately caught a nonstop train straight to the superbowl, courtesy of the league, but last night was a good win.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
cmon, first time to the damn super bowl and the beat the infamous payeton manning. congrats for them im happy to see them win. and btw ravens will win a bowl before the eagles. lol
Don't you mean another superbowl? They beat the Giants back in 2001, 34-7.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

C'mon. Be happy for the Saint's. They played a good game all year long. Of course there will be plays where the calls are not the right ones. It happens with every team. As far as:

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine

I agree they will make great sales ect.....but what a great story from nothing to something. Next time your in the Southern region, visit the lower 9th ward.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I come that way, I will certainly check it out.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:41 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

There's a reason why Ben Franklin called New Orleans the toilet bowl of Lousianna. No doubt that NO is trashed, but it's geography people. You can't live below sea level and in hurricane alley and not expect there to be problems.

It's certainly a feel good story, but I had to laugh yesterday watching the pre-game and they interviewed one woman who stayed because she thought they were tricking her when they were told to evacuate. Seriously?

Last edited by The Alchemist; 02-08-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
There's a reason why Ben Franklin called New Orleans the toilet bowl of Lousianna. No doubt that NO is trashed, but it's geography people. You can't live below sea level and in hurricane alley and not expect there to be problems.

It's certainly a feel good story, but I had to laugh yesterday watching the pre-game and they interviewed one woman who stayed because she thought they were tricking her when they were told to evacuate. Seriously?
That is one person they interviewed. The majority of the people were old and had no one to take care of them.
I guess where your from a damn groundhog tells you how long winter is suppose to be. WTF?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by triche
That is one person they interviewed. The majority of the people were old and had no one to take care of them.
I guess where your from a damn groundhog tells you how long winter is suppose to be. WTF?
Good point. Not only that, but most have survived previous hurricanes of that magnitude. Now back on topic, the Saints won via good football. As I have said before, the key to beating the Saints is the run game. That was evident, but good ole Peyton decided to throw and was intercepted.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

How'd you Louisiana guys get in an Eastern thread? lol
Old 02-08-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Don't you mean another superbowl? They beat the Giants back in 2001, 34-7.
i remember lol, i mean win another one.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:04 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by ddcook07
Good point. Not only that, but most have survived previous hurricanes of that magnitude. Now back on topic, the Saints won via good football. As I have said before, the key to beating the Saints is the run game. That was evident, but good ole Peyton decided to throw and was intercepted.
I'm sorry, but if I were surrounded by water, below sea level, and a hurricane was coming and I was told to evacuate, I would. Explain to me why we didn't see the same problems with people not leaving in Texas or Alabama? They listened to the warnings and evacuated inland. They had some destruction, but not the amount of deaths that NO had.

I'm happy the Saints won, I was rooting for them, but not because it would make things better in NO. It's only a matter of time before another Katrina happens again. It's no different than the people who live on earthquake fault lines and then cry when an earthquake happens. The big difference is you are given days notice that a hurricane is coming, and to get your precious belongings and get out.

They should rebuild NO, but 100 miles north.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs down You must be ''trip in''...

Originally Posted by JBM
NEVER NEVER, WITH THROW UP MC NABB....

NUMBER 5 ANE,T ****, BUT A BIG .. THE BUM GOT TO GO....
Old 02-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by Johns00Z28
How'd you Louisiana guys get in an Eastern thread? lol
We have spies everywhere.