Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

What happened to TT Performance???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to TT Performance???????

Does anyone know what happened to TT performance in little falls NJ. They dyno-ed my car and i was supposto go back so they could re-tune it after i broke in the motor and disappered. Cant find the web site and if i call there phone it no longer goes to there voicemail.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Out of business.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

how long ago were you there?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Do u know why they went out by any chance and any suggestions of were I could get my car tuned.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Teching In

I was there 4/19/10 just saved up money for a clutch so once that is in I can break the motor in and I will need it tuned again
Old 11-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeperny
Do u know why they went out by any chance and any suggestions of were I could get my car tuned.
Feel free to give me a call.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

i cant believe they went out of business i new them when they where just starting out does anyone no the reason it seemed like they had alot of business
Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by meatyz
i cant believe they went out of business i new them when they where just starting out does anyone no the reason it seemed like they had alot of business
Not sure why but I have no heard from them in almost 2 years. First George left, then he was suposed to be back... who knows. Then his C6 Z06 got painted white and they were doing something cool with it, then nothing. THey would post pictures of that car and Pete's old car and talk about progress being made then nothing. I think they also stoped sponsoring this site about that time as well.

I had my spats with them, but it was all in good fun. Hate so see anyone loose their business and livelihood
Old 11-04-2010, 08:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Not sure why but I have no heard from them in almost 2 years. First George left, then he was suposed to be back... who knows. Then his C6 Z06 got painted white and they were doing something cool with it, then nothing. THey would post pictures of that car and Pete's old car and talk about progress being made then nothing. I think they also stoped sponsoring this site about that time as well.

I had my spats with them, but it was all in good fun. Hate so see anyone loose their business and livelihood
yea its def a shame ive been out of the game for some time but im getting some stuff squared away with the car now i see alot has changed
Old 11-04-2010, 08:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

TTP is out of bussiness. The economy took it's toll on alot of places. Matt tried to hold it together as long as possible but finally gave it up with a huge debt. In these times it's hard to make money.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow this sucks.....it pisses me off seeing all these good places going out of business. I wonder who I can trust to tune my car now....
Old 11-04-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew Matt since day one. I never had any problems with any of his work. He stopped his advertising here and another site awhile back. It would seem that was the first of bad moves.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:48 AM
SMG
Teching In

It is definitely a shame to see another shop fall to the economy. It certainly is not easy to make money these days with the economy the way it is and has been the past couple years. All the rest of us can just take it day by day and keep trying to keep our heads (and shops) above water.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've known Matt for a long time and consider him a good friend(even though we only met once).His shop is closed but he is not out of the Car industry.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
I knew Matt since day one. I never had any problems with any of his work. He stopped his advertising here and another site awhile back. It would seem that was the first of bad moves.
Also taking a car call the Kerminator which was set up for Super Stock and had a very "small" motor, dump a much larger power plant making one to 200 hp more, making no suspension adj or test hits and going ***** out first pass and basically destroying the car. Unfortunately you can no longer find pics of that car, even before the loss. IMO shows how little the shop knew about racing. Also for the fact that hey could not get the car to run right with the carb....

Shops stay in biz becuase they know how to price competitively, be involved in the racing world, and be willing to explore new opportunities. Beyond just engine building, tuning, and installing mods.

Most current (if not all) Sponsors have thrived and continue to build their book of business and thats a very big feather in their cap. Kudos to all who stick it out.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:48 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Also taking a car call the Kerminator which was set up for Super Stock and had a very "small" motor, dump a much larger power plant making one to 200 hp more, making no suspension adj or test hits and going ***** out first pass and basically destroying the car. Unfortunately you can no longer find pics of that car, even before the loss. IMO shows how little the shop knew about racing. Also for the fact that hey could not get the car to run right with the carb....

Shops stay in biz becuase they know how to price competitively, be involved in the racing world, and be willing to explore new opportunities. Beyond just engine building, tuning, and installing mods.

Most current (if not all) Sponsors have thrived and continue to build their book of business and thats a very big feather in their cap. Kudos to all who stick it out.
wait WHAT!...

They killed Pete's old car? I remember the new motor thing... sort off. The big hood scoop and all. They fucked that car up? What happend? Details! Please!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Well they were an amazing shop and liked them even more for giving me a hand and helping me learn more about what I have what I could do with it and how to do it if there's any shops like this around orange and Sullivan county NY please let me know
Old 11-04-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was told that they had lost the lease on their building and they would try to find another ASAP. I didn't hear they'd actually called it quits.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
wait WHAT!...

They killed Pete's old car? I remember the new motor thing... sort off. The big hood scoop and all. They fucked that car up? What happend? Details! Please!
Last time that car was at Etown Rick and I were there also. Matt wheelied the car (no wheelie bars, no limiters etc.) he pedaled it and got away with car not hitting too bad. Than he comes around for ANOTHER PASS!!!!!!!! That was it, car came down HARD, fucked it up!!never ran it again. Kerminator got Terminated by Matts right foot.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

This was posted on ls1gto.com....
Just an update for you guys, Matt from TTperformance in Little Falls, has come on board with ECS to assist us in our ever growing product line of custom parts, road race and drag race set up's, and providing you with the best performance service available.

ECS has always held a particular standard to proper ethics, workmanship, and an overall care for the customer that is rarely seen in the performance industry, we feel that Matt will be a great fit on the team to help us assist you with all your parts and performance needs.

Doug @ ECS

Quick Reply: What happened to TT Performance???????