General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Liquidy stuff out of the exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy Liquidy stuff out of the exhaust

Hey all,

so i've been recently getting lots of water out of the exhaust, right now i'm running brand new lt's, brand new piping and brand new xpipe(dumped). i had my suspension installed a few days ago and noticed lots of water, thought it was just condensation, but i started it today and saw that it was all brown!!! my motor was sitting in the sun before this for a few months, but why would i be getting brown junk? full exhaust is brand new so it shouldn't be rusting, its garaged so i'm not sure why, could it be a blown head? anyone experience this before? i had some white smoke but i dont think it was burning oil, didnt smell like it and it didnt linger for long. suggestions?? thanks!
Old 04-11-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run a straight stainless pipe into a stainless MagnaFlow. It shoots out yellowish water that stains the **** out of my waxed epoxied garage floor. . . . .

I would say it spills a total of about half a shot glass after a 10 minute warm up out the exhaust.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

hmmm interesting, thanks for the reply! mine actually dripped out maybe 3 shot glasses of crap within 2 or 3 minutes, it was brownish yellow(more brown than yellow), though i neglected to say that i'm running catless... can anyone else lend some help?

funny you say that because i also have a sealed epoxy garage floor job i did... looks like i gotta take out the scotch brite..dammit, haha
Old 04-12-2009, 12:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe the car just has to take a **** bad? If you have straight pipes with no cats it usually has more water or condensation taking place then you would with cats, and the brown water is probably just water but since its inside dirty exhaust pipes.. it makes it brown duh lol. I have lt's and a ory here and my car always has condensation coming out when I start it. I could let it idle for 10minutes and probably fill 2shot glasses of water from the exhaust. I don't think its anything bad, just normal condensation for having straight noncatting pipes.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:36 AM
On The Tree

yeah good to hear, but the brown coloration worries me a bit... plus everything from the lt's back is brand new...
Old 04-12-2009, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

What does the liquid smell like? Does it smell like rusty water? No smell at all?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most likely all you're brand new exhaust piping, the car is probably burning the coating off the inside of the headers etc. and it's getting mixed with the condensation. I wouldn't worry about it. Just check your oil and make sure it isn't murky/milky.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its most likely the grease they use to do the mandrel bends for new pipes. when that burns it turns brown liquifies and will all eventually run out with the exhaust I've had that many a times with new setups
Old 04-12-2009, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

that makes better sense, thanks everyone. i'll keep an eye on it, i've never had it happen before, this condensation thing on ls1's suck, hahaha, i had a blown hg scare when i found loads of it in my oil cap, and then when my radiator was making all the coolant disappear ( didnt know that i had a 4 gallon radiator, haha) but yeah i'll keep an eye on it, hopefully it goes away.

Quick Reply: Liquidy stuff out of the exhaust