General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Is anybody still mixing in the marine 2-stroke oil with their gas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
I use lucas fuel treatment every so often which I would expect to work about the same
As long as you keep lucas out of your oil
Old 05-06-2009, 01:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not quite sure listening to Sarge, who sounds like you= enlightenment. I see a lot of reasoning, and assumptions, but no proof. Pages and pages of reasons, and people who agree with him...

Believing it does not make it so.

Do you have any other sources?

Actually water (aerosolized) has been shown to do everything that you tout- but you can't mix it with the gas.

Originally Posted by fxgs

Last edited by jtl12419; 05-06-2009 at 02:00 AM. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jtl12419
Not quite sure listening to Sarge, who sounds like you= enlightenment. I see a lot of reasoning, and assumptions, but no proof. Pages and pages of reasons, and people who agree with him...

Believing it does not make it so.

Do you have any other sources?

Actually water (aerosolized) has been shown to do everything that you tout- but you can't mix it with the gas.
I read a few pages of the link, and read how Sarge "thinks" this and "believes" that, but no proof.
I'm with you, lots of assumption and no proof.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Launching!

It is what it is.......................
Old 05-06-2009, 05:13 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

I'll do the test on my Rubicon. This is a great ******* thread! I love adding **** to my fuel tank!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by grb
I'll do the test on my Rubicon. This is a great ******* thread! I love adding **** to my fuel tank!
I heard adding pee to your gas gives you better mileage.
Why don't you try that also. Mix it with some 2-stroke oil.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1redta
the rotary motors mix the oil in the gas automatically through a metering pump and a set of oil lines into the intake tract. adding oil to your gas kills the octane rating of your gas if I remember correctly.
does it kill the octane rating..? so balance it off with some octane booster... but really tho i gained a soild 3mpg off it and really i dont see any harm in doing it other than possible losing some octane rating .... personly i like the possiblity of it keeping carbon off my heads
Old 05-06-2009, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
As long as you keep lucas out of your oil
of course, nothing goes in my engine oil
Old 05-06-2009, 06:16 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by proporio
I heard adding pee to your gas gives you better mileage.
Why don't you try that also. Mix it with some 2-stroke oil.
Not pee! Add a small cat turd. I got 50mpg on a Viper truck after one turd. On the next fill up I added two and never filled the truck up again until I sold it. I swear!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Hmmm...add 3 cat turds and that thing would be making fuel. You'd hafta siphon the fuel out a couple times a day. You could run another vehicle on it or even sell it.

Cha-ching!!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Never had to siphon any out but I did have to watch where I parked because of the overflow.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

maybe regular motor oil will kill the octane rating but i dont think pre mix oil will. in two stroke dirt bikes we ran 40:1 (40 parts of fuel to one part oil) and never had any trouble with detonation or spar knock, and that was with 93 pump gas.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You go to the gas station and pump some fluid into your car and have only the word of someone else as to its content.

The sellers of refined fuels make more profit by adding less! If you can go one step beyond the average Joe for your cars benifit, why wouldn't you?

Turds and pee add little to this discussion.

Nobody I know does this or Sarge offers no proof is not an argument that this is a good or bad idea.

Methods evolve and knowledge is cumulative. Newton said "If I have seen further then others it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants".
Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KENS_SS_4
You go to the gas station and pump some fluid into your car and have only the word of someone else as to its content.
The sellers of refined fuels make more profit by adding less! If you can go one step beyond the average Joe for your cars benifit, why wouldn't you?
Nobody I know does this or Sarge offers no proof is not an argument that this is a good or bad idea.
Methods evolve and knowledge is cumulative. Newton said "If I have seen further then others it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants".
Finally!!! Someone with logic and an open mind to new ideas
Old 05-08-2009, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Awake455
Hmmm...add 3 cat turds and that thing would be making fuel. You'd hafta siphon the fuel out a couple times a day. You could run another vehicle on it or even sell it.

Cha-ching!!
well, this thread went to crap!!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Launching!

Alright, I admit...I was a consultant for a major oil company. You are right, Exxon, Sunoco, BP, Marathon do not want you to know that clover honey (in 400ppm concentration) will add 2-5mpg to gas mileage because it would cut into their profit margin. They do not want to sell you a product that cleans your engine and makes it run really well, because they think too good a product is just not good business. Marginal products make more money.

Here are some secrets that I discovered in the lab, that I've been holding back too:

WD40, in the same ratio will work about as well, if not better, than Penzoil. I was just being argumentative because I did not want this secret to get out.

Just a little, be careful to measure accurately, no more that 100.42 ml per tank or it will go the other direction--too little it does nothing, just right, it might extend your engine life for 300K miles.

Added 10 hp on the dyno for my car, and improved my mileage by 2%. When I took my engine apart, the cylinder walls were slick and shiny like a mirror, and the piston rings looked like they were gold plated. All my friends, and family, and coworkers agree that my car runs better than it ever did. Even my 8 yr. old said, "daddy, your car runs super these days, since you've been adding that WD40!" My mechanic hates it..ha.ha! I think my car runs so well, that my tires are lasting longer these days too-- must be penetrating effect-- since that WD40 penetrates into all the systems of the car, it actually makes my tires roll with less friction... less friction= more gas mileage! Easier for me to get in and out of too.

One other secret that I've discovered: For a truly clean burning engine, 3 drops of Dawn (dishwashing liquid) per tankfull of gas will clean and lubricate your entire fuel system, injectors, intake valves, water pump, and windshield washers. No more carbon build up in the exhaust pipes! Also makes your car smell nice when it goes down the highway.

Homer Simpson said "Doh"

Originally Posted by KENS_SS_4

Old 05-08-2009, 08:34 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Alright, I'll come clean too. I own Exxon-Mobil and I was responsible for the Exxon Valdez incident that decimated the entire northern hemisphere. I also resent the cat turd disparagement....NOT NECESSARY!

Here's the real trick that we don't want you to know. The absolute finest additive that you can put in your tank is difficult to come by. We make it that way intentionally. Here's what it is.......I really shouldn't reveal this secret....but I will. In every lubricated Trojan condom is an extra drop of ultra purified golden nano elixir. A fine lubricant....and more!

You MUST extract the drop into the filler neck BEFORE you fill the tank. Most people fill the condom and dump it in the tank a few times squeezing the condom as you go. (Do I really need to warn you NOT to let the condom slip into your gas tank? Are you that ******* stupid?) Use your imagination! Do this for three straight tank fulls and be prepared for wonderment beyond your wildest fantasies!

This is for LS.1 techies only. Please do not disseminate.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe this thread has lived its useful life, if it really had one.

Quick Reply: Is anybody still mixing in the marine 2-stroke oil with their gas?