Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Dsl do you guys run with True duals?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What Dsl do you guys run with True duals?

Does the lakwood still fit? or do you need to get a universal one and weld it in? i need to get a Drive Shaft saftey loop, and want to make sure it will clear no problems with the true duals.

Thanks, Chris
Old 11-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, since nearly everyone's true duals are custom, that depends on each individual car. One person may be able to easily use any driveshaft loop on the market, and others may have serious difficulties.

In you're concerned about a loop, if you don't have true duals already, you may want to buy the loop before you get the true duals installed so you know you won't have any issues. If you already have true duals, since you're the only person in the world with your exact setup, the only way you can be sure if a driveshaft loop fits is to try it. Custom applications are usually awesome, but they have their problems. This is one of them.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:14 AM
TECH Resident

I'm running spohn's safety loop. Works great for my custom system and from looking at it, it seems like it would clear my old TSP system.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the lakewood/spohn safety loop on my car. I had to do a little bit of work with a grinder to make it clear my duals, but it fits just fine and doesn't hit/rub on anything.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

I'm using a BMR safety loop, mind you I had my true duals built when it was already on.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

BMR here...
Old 11-03-2007, 02:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Well, since nearly everyone's true duals are custom, that depends on each individual car. One person may be able to easily use any driveshaft loop on the market, and others may have serious difficulties.

In you're concerned about a loop, if you don't have true duals already, you may want to buy the loop before you get the true duals installed so you know you won't have any issues. If you already have true duals, since you're the only person in the world with your exact setup, the only way you can be sure if a driveshaft loop fits is to try it. Custom applications are usually awesome, but they have their problems. This is one of them.

My bad, i was assuming people with tsp true duals would chime in hear. The car already has true duals on it. They are not tsp's, but are almost identical to tsp. I tried to order them from texas speed but they were backed up like 2 mo's on them, and i didn't want to wait.

Thanks, Chris
Old 11-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the lakewood/spohn safety loop on my car. I had to do a little bit of work with a grinder to make it clear my duals, but it fits just fine and doesn't hit/rub on anything.
BMR here...
I'm using a BMR safety loop, mind you I had my true duals built when it was already on.
Sorry to hijack your thread sideways, but the guys with the DSL do you mind post some pictures of your TDs and DSL?

I have bassani true duals and I'm looking for one to fit around my set up.