LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

motor mount flip

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mount flip???? help me

Is there a sticky on here about this mod, I have looked every where for it and just cant find what im looking for , as much as I see people talking about it there has got to be a good wright up it with pics, Is there any one out there that can help me out,

Last edited by my06gxp; 03-29-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try checking out www.naioa.com there might be something there. I know it's been discussed there before.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally think thats as stupid as the all mighty horse power gaining throttle body spacer....
Old 03-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Here is one, about 3/4 down the page..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...+motor+flipped
Old 03-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Teching In

And it's not stupid at all, it really works. A lot of the guys here have tried it out with good success. I'm sure they'll start to chime in here soon...
Old 03-30-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sint3k
I personally think thats as stupid as the all mighty horse power gaining throttle body spacer....
Until you've done it, you just don't know whats there. I've been stock, then turned, then poly, then stock, then turned, and felt the difference each time. Summers coming soon, so I'll be installing the MSP/MPD (?) Poly from 3800perf.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is not almighty horse power from the spacer but you do notice the difference; And to note if you look at the most dumb *** posts on this board there is one name that would come up "Sint3k" so when you have something useful to say then chime in.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

so I'll be installing the MSP/MPD (?) Poly from 3800perf.
Little vibration but it's only about 25% of what ZZP motor mount was.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sint3k
I'm sure if may feel like a difference but IMO there is none and i did flip the motor mount it was the first thing i did it was so minute that to me it was pointless. Thank you for simply replying to my post instead of being a asstard like some other people on here.
]

If you did not feel the difference they you my friend need to take some driving classes on how to run your car, A more solid/ positive feel from making the motor more stable will give you more control over feeling what the car is doing, less squirm = more control. Same Idea that you do when you put solid motor mounts in a drag car, it keeps the motor/ drive train from twisting in the car. THis is a similar concept with a STB, as the car twists you lose contact with the road and losing stability. I did the mount thing and noticed slightly, even though very small firmness in the motor but as you (well maybe not you) know evey little bit makes a difference and just looking at the rubber mount it is obious that flipping it will be better. Where I did notice it was loading the vert up to 2500 launching was alot more firm.

I do agree though there are alot of worthless modds people can do but that is ine good thing about forums is that people report there findings on if it worked or not. You are the only one that has said that flippng the mount does nothing.

Maybe I should go back to rubber mounts in my Camaro too.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

Go flip your ******* motor mounts who gives a **** if you don't like what i have to say don't bother replying i think its funny as hell and why contradict yourself and make a post thats useless and talk about mine being useless ? stupid monkey you are. lol i see why your mad now. The Throttle Body Spacer offended you funny guy you are.

Just to note moron I have probably 60 pm's from your dumb *** always asking questions about mods. So you can sit there and cry and say everything does not work except a turbo. Maybe take out all of the stereo equipment and you will realize your car can be faster.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Man, I thought I clicked on one of my own DS threads, but then I remembered that if it was, the "HIGHER" powers that be wouldve locked it.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Launching!

I noticed a small difference when I flipped the motor mount. But hey, every little bit counts and its free. Besides, I like FREE!!! I never said the TBS gave me a great gain. But it was noticable and an easy install. Don't knock it till you try it. I think Scarlett and I are the only ones on here that have done it. So try it for yourself and see. Gains feel different to everyone. Only the dyno can really tell ya. No need to get hostile. Its all about trial and error with our cars because you all know there isn't a lot of aftermarket parts for us. Typically if something I did or added to a similar previous vehicle worked out good for me. I try to duplicate it on my current vehicle. So anyways just try the motor mount flip or TBS. You never know you might like it, or not. Then you can post your results or opinions. Thats what its all about. Learing from others experiences. It helps you make choices on what to do.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Where do I get a tbs? /\
Old 03-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fotoboy
Where do I get a tbs? /\
www.summitracing.com www.jegs.com www.paceperformance.com

You have to get one for an 02-06 trailblazer, envoy. I have an AiRaid on mine . The part number is 200-586. Summit Racing has a listing for 07 MCSS TBS from Jet Performance but it doesn't fit. Our throttle body is the same as trailblazer,envoy and I believe the colorado and canyon with the inline 5 cylinder. The part I listed above fits. I got it on my car and will have a post about installing it up tonite yet.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

what are you talking about 60pms ? Ive never messaged you.
lol who gives a **** about faster i just drive it to where i need to go. But if i did want more speed i would purchase the turbo kit something you can FEEL a difference in and something that WILL show up in track numbers and something that WILL show up on a dyno instead of " oh i feel it i feel the difference i do"I didn't complain bout my car being faster so why did your last sentence have to do with being faster and wtf does a motor mount have to do with being faster ? wtf is wrong with you who gives a **** about my stereo equipment. My "spacer gives me 6 horse power" i can FEEL IT lol dumb ***.
Why do you care so much about my opinion anyways your the only one talking trash.
THIS JUST IN! HUGGIES STOCKS ARE GOING THROUGH THE ROOF. Sint3k is buying all the Huggies Kleenex across America and creating a shortage on store shelves.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

If anyone started of crying it was you buddy anyone can clearly scroll up and see. So keep making yourself look like a idiot.
Good to delete your posts.

Last edited by scarlett; 03-30-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CdnMonteFan
Here is one, about 3/4 down the page..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...+motor+flipped
Thank's man, Ill do this Monday after I get my exhaust installed
Old 03-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Man this mod was so easy a cave man could do it , It took me a whole 5 min to do it, and it did make a differance, Is the solid mount any better if so where do you get them
Old 03-31-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, it's better...but you will get some engine/tranny vibration. Get the one from 3800performance dotcom. The best of the bunch.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Yes, it's better...but you will get some engine/tranny vibration. Get the one from 3800performance dotcom. The best of the bunch.
Do you have to buy both mounts, or do they sell them single

Quick Reply: motor mount flip