Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tranzilla T56

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ts-online.html heres a thread with the sponsor in it.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Tranzilla unit will be in the ballpark of $6000. If I'm not mistaken, G-force actually does the gears for it as well. If you search around on here you'll find that a few guys making big hp have had nothing but problems with the g-force gears. Before I'd waste money on g-force gears, I would just have the stock stuff cryo'ed and cross my fingers. You could build two viper spec/cryo'ed t56's and have a spare for the price of the Tranzilla....you will break something eventually regardless.

You'll probably have difficulty shifting any sycronized tranny above 7000 rpms quickly. A faceplated setup would be your strongest bet, not to mention cheaper but you will give up some of the drivability for the street.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...ts-online.html heres a thread with the sponsor in it.

OK, thanks for the link. Will check these guys out.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:54 PM
FormerVendor

OK cool. Yeah, what I had to do with my Doug Nash is I had Liberty Pro Shift it for me (which I am assuming you are refering to as faceplating?) Basically removing a few of the teeth on the synchro's. Which I am just fine with as this car is not a DD, and have no plans on drving this thing for many miles. Jsut to the local cruise night's, street action type stuff. Thanks for the info, will be checking out your site here rather quickly....

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
The Tranzilla unit will be in the ballpark of $6000. If I'm not mistaken, G-force actually does the gears for it as well. If you search around on here you'll find that a few guys making big hp have had nothing but problems with the g-force gears. Before I'd waste money on g-force gears, I would just have the stock stuff cryo'ed and cross my fingers. You could build two viper spec/cryo'ed t56's and have a spare for the price of the Tranzilla....you will break something eventually regardless.

You'll probably have difficulty shifting any sycronized tranny above 7000 rpms quickly. A faceplated setup would be your strongest bet, not to mention cheaper but you will give up some of the drivability for the street.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Banned

Face plating is a newer form of pro shifting . Now they weld on rings with big lugs to the gear and install different sliders that match the rings . It will up shift awesome but I personally do not like them on the street because its PITA to down shift and will old FAST ......
Old 11-30-2008, 02:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by thesource
Face plating is a newer form of pro shifting . Now they weld on rings with big lugs to the gear and install different sliders that match the rings . It will up shift awesome but I personally do not like them on the street because its PITA to down shift and will old FAST ......

Cool, thanks. I figured it was some form of Proshifting. Man Im getting old Funny how things are. I remember when running 9.90's on stock suspension and 28-10.5's were scary and people thought you were crazy. Now you got guys running 7's with the 28-10.5. I had been out of the "scene" from @ '98 until the last 6-8 months or so. And man, have things changed since!
Old 11-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Banned

When I got into Mustangs , a N/A 10 second Mustang was unheard of much less being a street car . Now days , we have N/A 9 second pump gas street cars running around .
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

When you say the face plated T-56 will old fast, do you mean that it will wear out fast and then you will have to have it rebuilted? I'm in the market for a builted T-56 and want to know just how bad is the face plated T-56 to drive on the street.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:44 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm this is my kinda topic. nice to see source kickin in his 2 cents.

well here is my 2 cents. i build **** for overkill. g force cost me well over 4k after putting there crappy *** expensive parts in my transmission. i love how they claim 1200 hp, what a crock!! i even had them cryo'ed and mikronited! wow!!! what a waste.

honestly you can't beat stock parts!!! Jonathon is right, i am not the only person who has had issues with g force. after it broke for the 3rd time with minimal passes, i gave up, i mean i couldn't afford to run their parts in my transmission!

if you are curious, feel free to shoot me a pm we can take my 2 cents off line. tick performance really took care of me when i needed their new adj. clutch master, btw it rocks!!! lol! i have over 110 passes on my trans this year.... and guess what NO G FORCE PARTS. i have pictures of what my 3rd gear looked like after it blew up ! pretty lame if you ask me.

my car weighs in at just under 3600 race weight. and on kill i will assume it is definitely over 1000 lb/ft. it was not near that 2 years ago when i had g farce parts in the trans, fwiw. closer to 800- 850 whp.

as well downshifting a faceplated trans is easy! all it takes is matching the revs, if you know your ride then it just takes a bit of practice! and when you get it right you can barely hear the engagement!!! as well i drive mine on the street regularly. i am finally parking mine for the winter as the snow is flying
Old 12-02-2008, 05:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by taner
hmmm this is my kinda topic. nice to see source kickin in his 2 cents.

well here is my 2 cents. i build **** for overkill. g force cost me well over 4k after putting there crappy *** expensive parts in my transmission. i love how they claim 1200 hp, what a crock!! i even had them cryo'ed and mikronited! wow!!! what a waste.

honestly you can't beat stock parts!!! Jonathon is right, i am not the only person who has had issues with g force. after it broke for the 3rd time with minimal passes, i gave up, i mean i couldn't afford to run their parts in my transmission!

if you are curious, feel free to shoot me a pm we can take my 2 cents off line. tick performance really took care of me when i needed their new adj. clutch master, btw it rocks!!! lol! i have over 110 passes on my trans this year.... and guess what NO G FORCE PARTS. i have pictures of what my 3rd gear looked like after it blew up ! pretty lame if you ask me.

my car weighs in at just under 3600 race weight. and on kill i will assume it is definitely over 1000 lb/ft. it was not near that 2 years ago when i had g farce parts in the trans, fwiw. closer to 800- 850 whp.

as well downshifting a faceplated trans is easy! all it takes is matching the revs, if you know your ride then it just takes a bit of practice! and when you get it right you can barely hear the engagement!!! as well i drive mine on the street regularly. i am finally parking mine for the winter as the snow is flying

Man, just saw these posts. Heading to my shop. WIll be back in a little bit to resond. Thanks guys!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

I am actually interested in some more info as well. So far emailed D and D no response, emailed kiseler they said they dont build anything that strong. They sent me to rockland. See if I hear back from them. I emailed some other place in tennesse see if they email me back. I also am going to email tick since after reading this post. I was talking to someone else about my project and he mentioned them as well. But any more input would be appreciated.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

what about that G-force transmission, isnt it rated at 900hp. and it comes with viper speced parts.
http://www.speedinc.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000132
Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A G-Force Street Lethal Weapon 5 spd with facetooth gear engagment (faceplated) will hold 1200 hp and 1100 ft/lb of tq and it's streetable if you get the clutch assisted like the one I have.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

I unfortunately want a 6 speed since it is my driver.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not making that kind of power, but im running a trans Level V T56 from RPM Transmissions, and couldnt be any happier with it. Mine is Viper spec, cryo'd and micropolished. What can i say, i like overkill! Their customer service is incredible too! They are available throught EPP, but check out their site to see what theyve done: www.rpmtransmissions.com

Quick Reply: Tranzilla T56