Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster clutches has horrible customer service

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster clutches has horrible customer service

I bought a stage 1 clutch and had nothing but problems. Chatter since day one, then clutch would not disengage. Their customer service is probably the worst I have ever dealt with. Should have gone with LS7 clutch in the first place. I am running Tick master and a LS7 clutch with no issues now. I would avoid Monster Clutches like the plague.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

LOL this will get interesting.

Assuming you installed it right and shimmed the slave right and cleaned it before installing it...did you call Steve at Monster? Did you try to contact them on the forum? Ran a Stage 2 in my GTO with ZERO problems...LOVED the clutch.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I run the Monster Stage 3 and have had zero issues. One of the main selling points for me was their customer service.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Everything was done correctly, and I did contact Steve. He basically just screamed at me and told me "what did you expect, you bought the cheapest clutch I sell". I will never buy from them again.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I run the Monster Stage 3 and have had zero issues. One of the main selling points for me was their customer service.
Hearing about their supposedly good customer service is why I bought the clutch from them. All I heard was excuses and them telling me it was Tick master cylinders fault not theirs. That they don't like running an Adjustable master cylinder.

I also spoke with Tick Performance, and they were very helpful. By the way great Master Cylinder! Works perfect with my LS7 clutch now.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Your Stage 1 wouldn't release completely or wouldn't release at all? I've been told the Stage 1 & Stage 2 pressure plates are the same, and I'm wondering if our issues are similar. BTW - My Stage 2 is really smooth, no chatter, just won't release completely.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The GTO was sensitive with shimming the slave without adj MC. Adding a adj. MC in the mix allows for more ability to have it set up wrong. If shimmed properly and installed properly, what's the fascination with adj MC?

Ive spoken to steve on numerous occasions before I bought the clutch asking questions and even spoke to him on a saturday afternoon when I had an urgent question during my install. Again I had no complaints and when it was all said and done I had no chatter and no issues. I made sure I cleaned the **** out of the FW. Cleaned it for 10min until I had no more dirt left on it.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you the customer that did a chargeback and still kept the clutch?
Old 08-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Are you the customer that did a chargeback and still kept the clutch?
I am trying to get my money back. Your clutch will be sent to you back as soon as I get my money back. Chargeback is still pending. I gave you guys a chance and you guys just told me I was a nobody. You guys told me, you guys have bigger customers.

By the way I had to pay mechanic labor twice. So I am out an extra $450 in labor cost. Plus I had to buy another clutch (LS7 $430 from ws6store.com) because your clutch left me stranded.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hiltsy855
Your Stage 1 wouldn't release completely or wouldn't release at all? I've been told the Stage 1 & Stage 2 pressure plates are the same, and I'm wondering if our issues are similar. BTW - My Stage 2 is really smooth, no chatter, just won't release completely.
Clutch started not completely disengaging, then go to the point where it left me stranded. Clutch would not disengage at all.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:23 AM
FormerVendor

Never mind, I already know the answer to that Adolfo.

I'm many things, patient and polite are two that I pride myself on. What I won't tolerate are people who try and yell and threaten me to get what they want... not going to work. Nobody told you that you were a nobody and nobody told you that we have bigger customers... LOL

You called irate saying the clutch wouldn't release after you drove it a while, we were going over things and you constantly said you just wanted your money back and that your tech never makes mistakes.

I ask you to pull it and send it back and, after going over things with you repeatedly even agreed to refund you in full if it was found to be defective. You declined that. That's when you tell me you're an engineer and when I start asking you simple questions your responses became more and more heated... you were being rude and completely unreasonable, completely. You didn't become belligerent until I started discussing friction coefficients and lever ratios that pertain to a pressure plate... strikes me as odd being you're an engineer and I was trying to explain things with logic, etc. All I was attempting to do was go over things with you to help you better understand where we are coming from.

Regardless, at this point you thought it would be a great idea to do a charge back while keeping the clutch... I don't like thieves even more so than I like belligerent customers. I gave you the options available to you, you didn't want to hear it and thought yelling and threatening would get you somewhere, that appears to have back fired on you. Now, considering what you've done, I'm not going to provide any support to you at all.

Good luck with your chargeback and your LS7 clutch.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by para38super
Clutch started not completely disengaging, then go to the point where it left me stranded. Clutch would not disengage at all.
Considering you're an engineer it doesn't strike you odd that a mechanical lever would "sort of" work then not? You do realize how a clutch works, right?

Pressure plates work or don't, typically when you experience what you're describing it's hydraulics... that said, we never got the unit back here to verify either of our theories.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by hiltsy855
Your signature says Diamond Clutch... why are you in a Monster thread?
Old 08-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Considering you're an engineer it doesn't strike you odd that a mechanical lever would "sort of" work then not? You do realize how a clutch works, right?

Pressure plates work or don't, typically when you experience what you're describing it's hydraulics... that said, we never got the unit back here to verify either of our theories.
I put in a LS7 clutch and kept the same hydraulics. Car is functioning fine.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

I put in a LS7 clutch and kept the same hydraulics. Car is functioning fine.
What master is in the car?
Old 08-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Never mind, I already know the answer to that Adolfo.

I'm many things, patient and polite are two that I pride myself on. What I won't tolerate are people who try and yell and threaten me to get what they want... not going to work. Nobody told you that you were a nobody and nobody told you that we have bigger customers... LOL

You called irate saying the clutch wouldn't release after you drove it a while, we were going over things and you constantly said you just wanted your money back and that your tech never makes mistakes.

I ask you to pull it and send it back and, after going over things with you repeatedly even agreed to refund you in full if it was found to be defective. You declined that. That's when you tell me you're an engineer and when I start asking you simple questions your responses became more and more heated... you were being rude and completely unreasonable, completely. You didn't become belligerent until I started discussing friction coefficients and lever ratios that pertain to a pressure plate... strikes me as odd being you're an engineer and I was trying to explain things with logic, etc. All I was attempting to do was go over things with you to help you better understand where we are coming from.

Regardless, at this point you thought it would be a great idea to do a charge back while keeping the clutch... I don't like thieves even more so than I like belligerent customers. I gave you the options available to you, you didn't want to hear it and thought yelling and threatening would get you somewhere, that appears to have back fired on you. Now, considering what you've done, I'm not going to provide any support to you at all.

Good luck with your chargeback and your LS7 clutch.
I am not asking for your support at all. You already told me I was nobody and your clutch could not be at fault.

I have said as soon as I receive my money your clutch will be shipped back to you at my cost. I am not trying to keep anything. Your clutch is worthless to me. It doesn't work.

All I am trying to do is get everybody inform of your customer service and your clutches having disengagement issues.

Nothing has backfired on me. I lost as soon as I bought your clutch. But all is good with me.

Good luck with selling your clutches that have disengagement issues and chatter very bad when you in fact say that monster stage 1 clutch is not suppose to chatter at all what so ever.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Teching In

What master is in the car?
GM master was in at first. Then I replaced it with a Tick master to try fix the issue with the clutch. So it was not a hydraulic issues. I tried 2 different master cylinders. The slave was brand new. It was put on when the clutch was done the first time.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Your signature says Diamond Clutch... why are you in a Monster thread?
He clearly has a thread discussing an issue with a Monster stage 2 clutch not disengaging.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

I am not asking for your support at all. You already told me I was nobody and your clutch could not be at fault.
Nobody told you that, you're exaggerating. And I very clearly said you can send it back here and if it's defective get your money back, of course you think your tech does no wrong so you were not willing to take the chance... from an engineering standpoint what you were describing was obviously not likely - otherwise you'd have sent it in for an evaluation.

I have said as soon as I receive my money your clutch will be shipped back to you at my cost. I am not trying to keep anything. Your clutch is worthless to me. It doesn't work.
Getting your money back on something you have is called theft in my book.

All I am trying to do is get everybody inform of your customer service and your clutches having disengagement issues.
You're one person out of a few that have had issues, most of those issues are caused by the terrible hydraulic systems in these cars. Most know that, you on the other hand are attempting to make your case and bad mouth me because you didn't get your way... seems ridiculous.

Nothing has backfired on me. I lost as soon as I bought your clutch. But all is good with me.
Let me know how that chargeback goes.

Good luck with selling your clutches that have disengagement issues and chatter very bad when you in fact say that monster stage 1 clutch is not suppose to chatter at all what so ever.
I sell thousands of clutches a month with thousands of happy customers world wide, I will continue to do so.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

He clearly has a thread discussing an issue with a Monster stage 2 clutch not disengaging.
He has a DIAMOND clutch... not Monster. You clearly are not reading his signature...

Quick Reply: Monster clutches has horrible customer service