Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Livernois Vehicle Development in the News - Video

Old 02-12-2009, 11:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Livernois Vehicle Development in the News - Video

Today, we hosted an Open House to celebrate the grand opening of Livernois Vehicle Development's 300,000 square foot Wallis Technical Center facility. Several news stations and media, local, and state officials along with OEM employees were in attendance.

The Journal Newspaper ran this article today:

In an ongoing era of economic downturns and adverse market conditions, one local business owner has made a bold decision to increase her stake in the automotive industry with an expansion.

Norma Wallis, president and CEO of Livernois Vehicle Development, a Tier One supplier to Ford Motor Co and Women’s Business Enterprise, is set to announce the official opening of the WallisTechnical Center, located at 2850 John Daly in Inkster. The plant will open in conjunction with the Ford Paint & Body Technology Center housed in the Wallis facility.

“I think this signals positive reinforcement from within a beleaguered supply base, as well as a long-term commitment to create new jobs in the community,” Wallis said.

The Wallis Technical Center is a multi-dimensional facility with capabilities to address the ever expanding needs of the automotive industry. The Wallis Technical Center also host the annual FIRST Robotics high school competition involving students from Robichaud and Inkster high schools, who design and build a robot to compete in statewide and national contests.

I hope to have a lot of photos by this weekend.

The news video can be seen below (look closely and you will you get a quick shot of the 800 HP C6 Auto that I posted the build for a few months back)

Channel 7 News Story

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc

Livernois Motorsports
Old 02-13-2009, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

I had a few questions regarding what kind of works happens there. I'll give a brief history on the whole company and explain. This business isn't new to us, just that facility is.

Livernois Vehicle Development began its 30 year history as a part of a larger company, Livernois Engineering Company. Livernois Engineering was opened by Bernard J. Wallis, Norma's father, in 1950 in the areas of die design and die build. Livernois Engineering thrived for many years in the areas of Tool and Die Automation systems, Special Machines, Product Design, Vehicle Build, and Nitrogen Die Cylinder Systems. That company was sold several years ago.

In 2000, Norma Wallis purchased the vehicle business from the family and developed it into what is now called Livernois Vehicle Development - focused mainly in the Automotive Business with Ford as its major partner, specializing in Crash Development. Livernois is now a WBE certified Woman Owned Business and grew from 11 employees in 2000 to over 300 in 2008.

Norma also started Livernois Motorsports in 2000.

The new Livernois Vehicle Development became a stand alone company with a renewed focus on customer services and customer needs. The newly redesigned and reorganized company embarked on a program of growth and customer satisfaction. Today, we are an ISO 9000 and 14001 certified tier-one automotive engineering services supplier, having acheived both the Ford Q-1 award and received the highest customer satisfaction rating in the Ford supplier commodity base for two years in a row. In April 2003, Livernois Vehicle Development was awarded the World Supplier Excellence Award by Ford Motor Company for outstanding performance in cost, quality, and timing for the 2002 year. (Only 41 global suppliers received any type of award that year).

Livernois currently has 4 operating buildings all in the local vicinity.

Services that Livernois provides include:

* Vehicle Crash Test Preparation
* Vehicle Data Acquisition-System Installations
* Active Safety Development
* Seats and Restraints
* Engineering Services
* Technical Staffing Services
* Off-Site Technical Support
* Project Management
* NVH Services
* Problem Resolution Support for Pre-Production or Production Vehicle Issues
* OEM and Military Prototype Vehicle Development Support
* Diesel and Alternative Fuels Testing and Development Services
- Flexible Fuel, Hybrid & Bi-Fuel Vehicles
* Exhaust Catalysts
* Manufacturing
* Fabrication & Welding
* Metal Forming and Short Run Production
* Non-Metallic Component Fabrication and Short Run Production
* On-Road Durability Testing
* Fast Mileage Accumulation
* Custom & OEM Paint Services

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports
Old 02-13-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its an opportunity for ppl to chime in and get their chance to work in such a great shop with that much of technical development which definitely reflects on media

Thanks for sharing Rick

peace
Old 02-13-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats! It's great to finally see something positive happening in the local community.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the replies!

-Rick
Old 02-17-2009, 04:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

That is an amazing business and great read. I wish the best.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Teching In

very cool guys! good luck with everything! you have one heck of a operation!
Old 02-18-2009, 08:39 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks again!!!

-Rick
Old 02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats cool man. Good news doesn't come that often from Michigan these days.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man i had a call for an interview with livernois engineering. turned it down because it was automotive work, and the company i work for is 100% non auto. I had no idea that it had some tie to livernois motorsports. interesting

Search this Thread