Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nom nom nom
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your wasted time and money too Beaflag. Sounds like that's the kind of guy he is. I'm starting to feel lucky the heads even showed up LOL.

After he burned me I just started posting a link to this thread in every classified add he posted and after deleting and making new ones only to have me post again, he ended up disappearing for the most part. Probably just under another username.

In the search for new springs I took measurements of the locators and retainers to try and find a spring that would work with them. For the life of me I couldn't find a spring that was compatible, or retainers and locators that matched the measurements of mine. Phil @ AI tried too and couldn't come up with anything. 98TA6.0 claimed they were Isky, but there is is nothing in Isky, Comp, Manley, PSI, etc catalogs that match so who knows what the hell they were. I ended up having to buy new springs, retainers, locators, and locks. So all said and done I have a $600 set of 243 castings. Sucks!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man what can i say you bought used parts that were in perfect working order when i sent them. now stop your damn crying. if you wanted a warranty then used parts arent the ones to use then huh? lesson learned. i'm glad those heads didnt take a dump on my motor. well best of luck to ya and once again i sincerely apologize for all the trouble i caused you. just the way things go sometimes. sorry bro.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This guy sounds like a complete tool...

Sorry to hear about your troubles Fergy. How you doing otherwise? I see you got another T/A, how come you're selling?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Teching In

96ta6.0 you clearly ripped him off.man up and admit it.its OK because the damage is done.fergymoto don't worry ,there is such a thing as carma.he just hasn't ripped the right person off yet and trust me he will keep doing so until he dose.hopefully the asswhupin he gets will teach him a lesson that will haunt him for the rest of his life.liars and thieves live in a me world.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98RedBird
This guy sounds like a complete tool...

Sorry to hear about your troubles Fergy. How you doing otherwise? I see you got another T/A, how come you're selling?

I'm doing good man. I see you got a new car. I like it a lot!

I have too many vehicles and my '97 WS6 was my first car. I have a lot of history in it and am somewhat attached to it, so it is the one I want to keep. Probably shouldn't have bought another car in the first place after the 98 got wrecked. I got that 2001 WS6 though. I'm just going to be putting it back to somewhat stock and selling it.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

nevermind

Last edited by jks67ss396; 05-16-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: older thread
Old 05-17-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98TA6.0
man what can i say you bought used parts that were in perfect working order when i sent them. now stop your damn crying. if you wanted a warranty then used parts arent the ones to use then huh? lesson learned. i'm glad those heads didnt take a dump on my motor. well best of luck to ya and once again i sincerely apologize for all the trouble i caused you. just the way things go sometimes. sorry bro.
Wow...why aren't you banned yet?
This is ridiculous.

1) Components in the heads were not as described - FRAUD on your part
2) Valves were screwed and not in decent shape at all - FRAUD on your part
3) You offer to make things right for $150 refund, which is a super lowball offer, and you didn't even make good on that. That warrants an ***-kicking for sure.
4) You get defensive and just tell him "tough ****" and refuse to make things right at all. You're an ignorant bastard.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by qc97z
Wow...why aren't you banned yet?
This is ridiculous.

1) Components in the heads were not as described - FRAUD on your part
2) Valves were screwed and not in decent shape at all - FRAUD on your part
3) You offer to make things right for $150 refund, which is a super lowball offer, and you didn't even make good on that. That warrants an ***-kicking for sure.
4) You get defensive and just tell him "tough ****" and refuse to make things right at all. You're an ignorant bastard.

wow lots of internet tough guys around here.
1) not fraud. they were as described. oh wait i didnt know because i didnt disassemble them and inspect everything.
2) valves were working fine when removed from my vehicle. they were a little worn.
3) he actually was the one to bring the 150 refund up. not me. you wanna warrant an *** kicking? I welcome it big man.
4) i have no choice but to get defensive when retards on the other side of the fence wanna add their two cents (that would be you). you should look up the definition of ignorant. you a very stupid person. you can look that up as well.

Now **** off.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Junkie

You say he should suck it up because the valves were fine and just a little worn, but they weren't the right valves to begin with. Now you say you didn't disassemble them to find out for sure, but you didn't have a problem describing them as a specific brand.

What if someone advertised a set of Eibach lowering springs for sale, and someone bought them, then that person gets them and finds they are just cut, stock springs? Should they suck it up because they still lower the car? Clearly they aren't Eibach, but they do achieve the same action as a set of Eibach springs...

You might not have been the one to bring up the $150, but you agreed to it. It has been a long time since this happened, so I am sure nothing will ever be done to make this right, but I know I would never deal with you after reading this, and I hope all potential buyers read this thread as well.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
You say he should suck it up because the valves were fine and just a little worn, but they weren't the right valves to begin with. Now you say you didn't disassemble them to find out for sure, but you didn't have a problem describing them as a specific brand.

What if someone advertised a set of Eibach lowering springs for sale, and someone bought them, then that person gets them and finds they are just cut, stock springs? Should they suck it up because they still lower the car? Clearly they aren't Eibach, but they do achieve the same action as a set of Eibach springs...

You might not have been the one to bring up the $150, but you agreed to it. It has been a long time since this happened, so I am sure nothing will ever be done to make this right, but I know I would never deal with you after reading this, and I hope all potential buyers read this thread as well.

i was told they were Manley valves from the person i bought them from. you're analogy is terrible by the way. if i cut the srpings and said they were eibach that's is a lying. i was misinformed and didnt lie. hey man no problem, by the above post you seem like a whiny person anyway.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you wanted a warranty then used parts arent the ones to use then huh? lesson learned. i'm glad those heads didnt take a dump on my motor. well best of luck to ya and once again i sincerely apologize for all the trouble i caused you. just the way things go sometimes. sorry bro.
This whole statement is very disappointing IMO, especially the bolded part. I guess this is why there are so may folks getting ripped off now a days. People don't seem to have a sense of integrity anymore. I have been doing business on tech for awhile and for some reason it seems more sour deals have been happening lately. I know if something was misrepresented to me and I sold it to another person I would make things right with my consumer and then take my issues to the original seller.

I wish, for the sake of your fellow car enthusiast's you'd make this right somehow, but after reading this thread I sincerely doubt it. I guess the only thing I can do is try and raise my son to have more respect for others and himself.

-End Rant

Mike
Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 AM
TECH Junkie

i was told they were Manley valves from the person i bought them from. you're analogy is terrible by the way. if i cut the srpings and said they were eibach that's is a lying. i was misinformed and didnt lie. hey man no problem, by the above post you seem like a whiny person anyway.
So if you bought a car with those springs on them and the person told you they were Eibach, then its ok? Because you were told they were?

Whiny? You claim to be misinformed by the person who sold you the heads...I can believe that. However, now you pass your misfortune along to someone else and expect them to eat it? How is that right? You clearly have no ethics and it will bite you in the *** later on.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow lots of internet tough guys around here.
1) not fraud. they were as described. oh wait i didnt know because i didnt disassemble them and inspect everything.
2) valves were working fine when removed from my vehicle. they were a little worn.
3) he actually was the one to bring the 150 refund up. not me. you wanna warrant an *** kicking? I welcome it big man.
4) i have no choice but to get defensive when retards on the other side of the fence wanna add their two cents (that would be you). you should look up the definition of ignorant. you a very stupid person. you can look that up as well.

Now **** off.
Wow man.
1) Yes, it was fraudulent. You advertised the valves and springs to be something they weren't. Whether you were misinformed by the person that sold them to you or not, the responsibility to know the product you were selling was on you.
2) Whether they were working "fine" or not is irrelevant. They were not worthy of being used again, especially when things are torn down. Would you tear a motor apart and re-use a cam that had lobe damage? Absolutely not.
3) No matter who brought up the refund, you still didn't do it. And I'm not the one that should kick your ***, the guy you sold to should. But, if you're ever in my area, bring it on. I'll show you a thing or two.
4) My $.02 is my right to post, that's why this is a public forum. And I definitely do know the definition of ignorant...it's you.
I'm stupid? Wow...there must be lots of stupid people that are professional engineers with Master's degrees out there...

Own up to the fact that you blew this deal. You screwed up, took a completely hands-off approach to all of the issues, and won't accept responsibility. Be a man and admit your wrongdoing.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Its just sad that because of ******** like 98ta6.0 we all have to be nervous and paranoid everytime we buy used parts. If frauds like him didn't exist the whole buying/selling experience would be 1000x more enjoyable. I guess I don't understand what prompts a person to actively screw over a fellow enthusiast, and then act like a complete jackass about it. Maybe its genetic?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, so you didn't know the parts were wrong on the heads because you didn't tear them down. My question is why did you say you would give him the $150 and then back out? I see you have other good trader ratings and you didn't seem like the kind of guy who would shaft someone like that.

You didn't know it didn't have the right parts. Fine

You didn't know the parts would fail. Fine

You told him you would get him $150. Do what you said you would. BE A DECENT PERSON
Old 05-20-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
Ok, so you didn't know the parts were wrong on the heads because you didn't tear them down. My question is why did you say you would give him the $150 and then back out? I see you have other good trader ratings and you didn't seem like the kind of guy who would shaft someone like that.

You didn't know it didn't have the right parts. Fine

You didn't know the parts would fail. Fine

You told him you would get him $150. Do what you said you would. BE A DECENT PERSON

thank you for some sort of consideration bro. during that period you can imagine things were said and some threats were made. now if you were me and some guy was saying some rude and mean things to you, would you be quick to meet him halfway? when he first called me he was a great stand up guy, then things just kinda went south. every single one of my other transactions have gone smoothly. I am not some monster who is out to rob everyone in here and start punching out kids. I'm kinda thinking on just sending this guy back his 150 bucks just to get this thread deleted. I may have said some things that were offensive to FergyMoto and I sincerely apologize for my childish actions. I understand we are all men here and tend to act like apes now and again.

Last edited by 98TA6.0; 05-20-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm kinda thinking on just sending this guy back his 150 bucks just to get this thread deleted.
I don't know what hurtful things may have been said but that sounds good, just send him the money and get this thread deleted. Don't think of it as doing it to please him, (I'm sure hurtful things were exchanged and your not happy with him at all), but think of it as you keeping your word as you always do because that's the kind of person you are.

Whatever happens I hope you guys can work it out, take care.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

Wow I would be pissed. ..98 6.0 ur too funny bro I mean u sell a fellow member here junk! Then the parts are Not what u said they where! U say Its not ur fault/problem Because ur dumb *** believed the person you got them from! Wow bro serious ur full of crap!!!! That's a low move! If I did that I would feel like a douche! I hope u give him that 150!

Oh and I ain't no tough Guy, I don't think no one here is trying to be besides u..by ******* people out of their money with ur b.s!!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Buying used parts is a risk, no doubt. There is no warranty, and nobody to file a claim with in most cases. That, I can understand. The fact that the valves were beat to ****, and not even the Manley valves you claimed....well, that's on you bro.

Just refund him his $150. That's more than reasonable. Hell, maybe you can even save your iTrader rating. The market on ebay for F-body parts isn't nearly as strong as it is here.

Quick Reply: ---- Look out for 98TA6.0 ----