Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Got scammed by mvrotc

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Got scammed by mvrotc

I have checked this site out for sometime. A few weeks ago, I quit lurking to buy a set of 241 heads. They were supposed to have titanium retainers, sodium filled valves, and in MINT condition.

I paid for UPS shipping which takes 3 days from the sellers home. For some reason it took forever for him to ship them, and when they finally did show up it was parcel post. They were in transit for 9 days. And shipping was cheaper than i was quoted.

But it gets better, the post office documents the poor packaging of the heads. They were in the same box seperated by a trash bag! They traveled for 9 days beating against one another.

But theres even more The combustion chambers on one head have been severely scarred. They look like someone lost a bottom end, or something along that nature.

NO titanium retainers, just plain old gm retainers. Stripped manifold holes on 1 head like the previous owner had a hard time lining up headers.

But the seller still is trying to say he shipped mint heads, might want to watch him when buying products.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kemble
I have checked this site out for sometime. A few weeks ago, I quit lurking to buy a set of 241 heads. They were supposed to have titanium retainers, sodium filled valves, and in MINT condition.

I paid for UPS shipping which takes 3 days from the sellers home. For some reason it took forever for him to ship them, and when they finally did show up it was parcel post. They were in transit for 9 days. And shipping was cheaper than i was quoted.

But it gets better, the post office documents the poor packaging of the heads. They were in the same box seperated by a trash bag! They traveled for 9 days beating against one another.

But theres even more The combustion chambers on one head have been severely scarred. They look like someone lost a bottom end, or something along that nature.

NO titanium retainers, just plain old gm retainers. Stripped manifold holes on 1 head like the previous owner had a hard time lining up headers.

But the seller still is trying to say he shipped mint heads, might want to watch him when buying products.
I would take pictures of everything and send them to him and ask him how on earth those are "mint".

Also, if you paid by paypal I will file a claim and try to get your money back .

If paypal wont help and you used a credit card to make the purchase through paypal call your credit card company and tell them that i was a bad transaction. They should remove it from your bill and the do an investigation on it.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000SS1979
I would take pictures of everything and send them to him and ask him how on earth those are "mint".

Also, if you paid by paypal I will file a claim and try to get your money back .

If paypal wont help and you used a credit card to make the purchase through paypal call your credit card company and tell them that i was a bad transaction. They should remove it from your bill and the do an investigation on it.

+1

Kind of the wrong section, there is dead beat seller section in the for sale part.

Another scum bag trying to get money for garbage.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its i sign that you should have went with 243s lol jk, sucks to hear stories like this, i havent gotten any bad beats on parts.....cars yes.....but not on parts, im sure my day will come.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
9 Second Club

I already started a post last week about him in the bad seller section. He has screwed me on the cam that was listed on the post. He is a liar and a crook.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Got me too! Man this guy ran the table. Sold me some severely worn lifters he claimed were brand new!

Quick Reply: Got scammed by mvrotc