Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Mario89 Deal gone Sour

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mario89 Deal gone Sour

Let me first just say that Mario89 was a pleasure to deal with right up until I had issues with one of two parts that he sold me. That's when his attitude changed.

I posted a wanted add in the forum HERE for a 2005-2006 Pontiac GTO alternator. I received a few responses, but I also got a few PM's from people. One of those people was from Mario89, Here is the PM Chain.

Originally Posted by Deserttaco
Originally Posted by mario89
are you still looking for one?

I found an F-body alternator, and it won't work for my application, so now I'm on the hunt for an 05-06 GTO alternator on the cheap.

Steve
i got one from a 06. 70 Plus ship

That sounds good to me! Any damage to it? how many miles? Got a pic? you can PM, E-mail or Txt it to me

My Zip is 85387

Let me know what the total will be shipped and your paypal, and I can make payment as soon as I get the info.

Steve

(623) xxx-xxxx
norcalvp@yahoo.com

Mario89 called me that evening (August 3rd) and I agreed to his $70 asking price. I asked him how much shipping would be and he stated $20 to ship it. He asked if I needed any other GTO parts since he had a bunch. I asked him if he had a white shifter boot, and he said that he did, and he wanted $20 for the boot. So I asked the total price to make sure we were both on the same page. He said that he didn't do paypal, so he'd prefer a money order for $110. I agreed and mailed out a money order..

on August 12th He responded that he received my money order via Text Message and shipped off the parts to me, but shipping cost him $30. I offered to give him some extra money to help cover the cost of shipping it. (I've shipped lots of parts all over the country, and that box should have cost $13-$18 to ship) He said not to worry about it.

Yesterday I received my package, and found the alternator to be in good order, but the shifter boot that I received has 3 holes in it where the shifter pinched the boot between it and the body.

I send him a text message this morning stating that I received the alternator in good condition, but the shifter boot was damaged. I asked if he wanted me to ship it back to him and he said no that he didn't need it. I asked him about a refund, and that's where his attitude and demeanor changed. Below are the text messages that we swapped this morning.

I charged you 15 for it and the shipping was twice as much as it was supposed to be. So if anything I deserve like another $5 back
Even if you got the two little holes which have to be tiny cause I didn't even notice them its still usable. you got it for free

I thought I paid $70 for the alternator, $20 for the boot, and $20 for shipping?
No it was like 90 for the alt and 20 for shipping and the boot. Shipping was 30
Here is a quote from the PM you sent me on LS1Tech "i got one from a 06. 70 Plus ship"...
Ok so plus 30 for shipping is 100* you sent 110. They charged me 3 dollars for cashing your money order so that leaves 7*. That boot is still in nice shape so you got it for seven dollars
You asked me if you should give me more money for shipping since it was more and I said no. Now your gonna go back and forth for a part that's in nice shape for 7 dollars. I mean really????
The damn bullbes around the alt cost me more then that
You are right, I offered to pay the difference in shipping because I was trying to do the "Right Thing". I've shipped parts all over the world and this box should have only cost $12-18 to ship. Not sure why it was twice that. I also asked what shipping would be before the transaction was done so neither got burned
Exactly and I was nice enought to say that's ok. Now you want 7* back for a part that you can use. from the pick it looks like two little holes. Not a big deal
The point of the shifter boot is to keep hot air, and exhaust fumes, and noise out of the passenger cabin, how can that be done with holes in it?
If you bought a part from someone let's say a tire... It came with a nail in the sidewall. would you want your money back?
It didn't have holes, maybe pinch marks that about it
No not if I paid 7* for it an dknowing that it will be fine with a patch
So I went from paying 70 for the alternator + 20 for shipping to paying 112 (I added the $2 that I paid for the MO) for the same part with some other junk that I can't use?
It's not a pinch mark if I can stick my finger through it...
I'd be embarrassed to ask for 7*
I already have a boot just like this one. The same thing happened in the car I bought. Why would I pay money for a damaged part that I can't use
no I got 107.. and that boot has nothing wrong with it
I'm not asking for $7, I'm asking for $20
You can stick your finger through anything if you stretch it more
I spent $112 buing the month (stupid blackberry substituted "month" for "MO" (money order))
20? Ur Crazy
it won't happen. Im not selling you the alt for like 45 forget it
If anything you should send me 8 dollars
I don't understand where you are getting $45 from. I paid you your asking price for "Good" parts... I got one good one, and one damaged one
I got 107. minus 30 for shipping. That's 77. I spent over ten on bubble wraps. So that's like 65* and Now you want 20 back. your nuts. Will never happen
So how about you send me 5 dollars and the pulley back and we call it even

At this point I stopped responding because It was clear that I wasn't getting through to him. I doubt that I'll ever get my $20 back for the shifter boot. Hopefully this post will help someone else from getting burned too.

Cliff notes:
I bought an alternator and shifter boot from him. Got alternator is good condition, Shifter boot has holes. Seller says that it's not damaged, and wants me to send him more money and parts off of the alternator after the purchase.

BEWARE of MARIO 89! If you do buy something from him be sure to get some good pictures first!!!

Steve
Old 08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me first just say that Mario89 was a pleasure to deal with right up until I had issues with one of two parts that he sold me. That's when his attitude changed.

I posted a wanted add in the forum HERE for a 2005-2006 Pontiac GTO alternator. I received a few responses, but I also got a few PM's from people. One of those people was from Mario89, Here is the PM Chain.

Mario89 called me that evening (August 3rd) and I agreed to his $70 asking price. I asked him how much shipping would be and he stated $20 to ship it. He asked if I needed any other GTO parts since he had a bunch. I asked him if he had a white shifter boot, and he said that he did, and he wanted $20 for the boot. So I asked the total price to make sure we were both on the same page. He said that he didn't do paypal, so he'd prefer a money order for $110. I agreed and mailed out a money order..

on August 12th He responded that he received my money order via Text Message and shipped off the parts to me, but shipping cost him $30. I offered to give him some extra money to help cover the cost of shipping it. (I've shipped lots of parts all over the country, and that box should have cost $13-$18 to ship) He said not to worry about it.

Yesterday I received my package, and found the alternator to be in good order, but the shifter boot that I received has 3 holes in it where the shifter pinched the boot between it and the body.

I send him a text message this morning stating that I received the alternator in good condition, but the shifter boot was damaged. I asked if he wanted me to ship it back to him and he said no that he didn't need it. I asked him about a refund, and that's where his attitude and demeanor changed. Below are the text messages that we swapped this morning.

At this point I stopped responding because It was clear that I wasn't getting through to him. I doubt that I'll ever get my $20 back for the shifter boot. Hopefully this post will help someone else from getting burned too.

Cliff notes:
I bought an alternator and shifter boot from him. Got alternator is good condition, Shifter boot has holes. Seller says that it's not damaged, and wants me to send him more money and parts off of the alternator after the purchase.

BEWARE of MARIO 89! If you do buy something from him be sure to get some good pictures first!!!

Steve

dude you are a ******* joke... i gave you that part basically for free as i was being a nice guy.. and you gonna come on here and talk ****... let everyone see what a joke you are., when i sent it to you i didnt see any holes or cuts and i even sent you pictures ..the one you took pictures of is probably the old one you had or something.. .
Old 08-19-2010, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

dude you are a ******* joke... i gave you that part basically for free as i was being a nice guy.. and you gonna come on here and talk ****... let everyone see what a joke you are., when i sent it to you i didnt see any holes or cuts and i even sent you pictures ..the one you took pictures of is probably the old one you had or something.. .

I disagree…. You didn't give it for me... You charged me $20 for it. And you sent me a boot with holes in it. I came here to let others know to be careful when dealing with you.... What exactly do I have to gain from posting this thread? I'm pretty sure you won't own up to sending me a bad part, so I doubt I'll see my $20 again. Why would I take pictures of the one that I already have… you can see the box that you sent me in the background with the alternator still in it.

Maybe you sent me a bad part… Ever think of that possibility? Lets face it I really enjoyed this transaction until last night when I open the box. I pulled the alternator out of the box and inspected it to make sure it didn’t have any broken fins. I was tickled pink! Then I pulled the boot out and looked it over and found the holes. I sent you a text message this morning trying to work with you, but in the end you just turned out to be a jackass.

Face it. You sent me a bad part, I called you on it, and you got defensive and pissy. No matter how you slice it, you sent me a shifter boot with 3 holes in it, not tiny pin holes. Holes big enough that I could stick my fingers through. I already have a boot in this condition. That's why I wanted one that is in good shape. Just another thing to toss into my trash bin.

BTW I really like the latest text message
You gonna make a thread about something like this? Wow you are a ******* looser
Nice man… Really mature. Yes I am creating a thread about this. That's the whole point of this "Bad Sellers" Forum. To let others know of deals gone wrong. Yes I understand that this is only $20, but What if I had/have problems with the alternator? Can I expect the same response from you? My guess is probably....

To future buyers BEWARE!!! This is what happens if you have issues that you would bring to this sellers attention.

Last edited by Deserttaco; 08-19-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by deserttaco
i disagree…. You didn't give it for me... You charged me $20 for it. And you sent me a boot with holes in it. I came here to let others know to be careful when dealing with you.... What exactly do i have to gain from posting this thread? I'm pretty sure you won't own up to sending me a bad part, so i doubt i'll see my $20 again. Why would i take pictures of the one that i already have… you can see the box that you sent me in the background with the alternator still in it.

Maybe you sent me a bad part… ever think of that possibility? Lets face it i really enjoyed this transaction until last night when i open the box. I pulled the alternator out of the box and inspected it to make sure it didn’t have any broken fins. I was tickled pink! Then i pulled the boot out and looked it over and found the holes. I sent you a text message this morning trying to work with you, but in the end you just turned out to be a jackass.

Face it. You sent me a bad part, i called you on it, and you got defensive and pissy. No matter how you slice it, you sent me a shifter boot with 3 holes in it, not tiny pin holes. Holes big enough that i could stick my fingers through. I already have a boot in this condition. That's why i wanted one that is in good shape. Just another thing to toss into my trash bin.

Btw i really like the latest text message

nice man… really mature. Yes i am creating a thread abou this. That's the whole point of this "bad sellers" forum. To let others know of deals gone wrong. Yes i understand that this is only $20, but what if i had/have problems with the alternator? Can i expect the same response from you? My guess is probably....

To future buyers beware!!! This is what happens if you have issues that you would bring to this sellers attention.

you know damn well i sent you that part as a freebie.. And you keep saying i didnt... Where did you get 20 from? Without that part and me selling you the alt for 70 that total was more then you sent me.. So how did you pay for that part? You want 20 back so you can say you paid 50 for the alt and i told you that wont happen.. And the holes werent there when i sent you the picture.. So dont come on here making it sound like i did you wrong,, i sent you a free part as a favor and you turned on me... Have a good one..
Old 08-19-2010, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

you know damn well i sent you that part as a freebie.. And you keep saying i didnt... Where did you get 20 from? Without that part and me selling you the alt for 70 that total was more then you sent me.. So how did you pay for that part? You want 20 back so you can say you paid 50 for the alt and i told you that wont happen.. And the holes werent there when i sent you the picture.. So dont come on here making it sound like i did you wrong,, i sent you a free part as a favor and you turned on me... Have a good one..
That's just it... you didn't give it to me for free. I paid you $20 for it.

I'll break it down for you incase simple math is an issue for you.

$70 alternator (Per your PM I posted above)
$20 shipping for said alternator (Which should have more than covered the cost to ship it)

Add those two numbers together and what do you get?? $70+$20= $90. So you're saying that I just tossed in an extra $20 for good measure? Maybe I'm just that nice of a guy? Sure sometimes, but not this time.

I sent you $110, According to my simple math above I should have only sent you $90 for the alternator shipped to me. So where did the extra $20 come from? Oh yeah that's right... The shifter boot that you told me you wanted $20 for... if you were giving me the boot for free (Which you didn't) There's no way I would have ever even contacted you regarding the damage.

$90 shipped for alternator alone
$110 shipped for the alternator and shifter boot...

See the difference? No not yet?

Ok, let me ask you this, so If I paid $70 for the alternator, what you're telling me is that I then paid $40 to have it shipped to me? If you would have told me that I was paying $40 for shipping I would have told you that I wasn't interested anymore. And this deal would have never happened, and I feel that both of us would be happier at this point.

I don't want to pay $50 for the alternator, I want to pay $70 for the alternator, $20 for shipping (just a refresher that equals $90) and I'd love a refund of $20 for the shifter boot that I received that was damaged ($110-$90=$20).

I paid you your asking price for the alternator and shifter boot (Once again incase you have forgotton $70+$20, + the shipping that you quoted me ($20). I also used the payment method that you requested. I can't understand how you think that I'm trying to screw you...

Also These holes are in the shifter boot that you sent to me. I did not make holes in it to make you look bad, It's not the one I already had that had similar holes in it. This is the very same one you sent to me. The holes were there, you just didn't look at it before you tossed it in the box. Just because you didn't inspect the part before you sold it, Don't come and flame me for finding the flaws after you shipped it to me.

Understand yet? If not I can always write it down in Crayon if that'll make it easier to understand...

Old 08-19-2010, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

oh and just another question. Why is it that every time you open your mouth, the story changes just a little? First It was $20, Then In the text string you said you charged me $15, Then now it's free? Why does it keep changing?
Old 08-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Banned

oh and just another question. Why is it that every time you open your mouth, the story changes just a little? First It was $20, Then In the text string you said you charged me $15, Then now it's free? Why does it keep changing?
you are a retard,, i never said anything about 15.. i said i gave it to you for free.. get your story straight...
Old 08-20-2010, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

you are a retard,, i never said anything about 15.. i said i gave it to you for free.. get your story straight...
Really? So what did this text mean? IR Confused

I charged you 15 for it and the shipping was twice as much as it was supposed to be. So if anything I deserve like another $5 back
I have this text on my phone still...

Here is the text I sent you right before you sent me that little Gem...
Do you want to work out a partial refund for the damaged boot?
Maybe I can ship you a shovel, so you can just keep on digging this hole deeper. Or maybe you should just stop replying, you're only making yourself look like a jackass. My story is straight... It's yours that keeps changing.

You do realize that your posts in this thread only prove my point right?

Last edited by Deserttaco; 08-20-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

OP, you certainly seem in the right but this seems tricky too. Any proof you sent him $110 on the money order? Online statement of you paying for the money order?

How about you defendent? Any proof he only sent you $90 on a money order?

Also if his posts are inaccurate do you have any PMs showing this conversation to be different?

At this point the original poster seems to be more in the right based on the evidence he has provided.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I concur, and how are your shipping stuff, FedEx overnight?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

I absoutely have proof. If there is anything I've learned in my life. Document, document, document...

Ask and you shall receive

I have blocked out the sellers address for privacy. The package came UPS ground...

EDIT: Here is the UPS Tracking number incase anyone wants it... Although I would be curious to see how much shipping actually was...

1Z74W6070340115758

Last edited by Deserttaco; 08-20-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

EDIT: Here is the UPS Tracking number incase anyone wants it... Although I would be curious to see how much shipping actually was...

1Z74W6070340115758
$26.47

And if he bought bubble wrap, it's pretty believable that the cost on his end was in the $30 range
Old 08-20-2010, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jim_PA
$26.47

And if he bought bubble wrap, it's pretty believable that the cost on his end was in the $30 range
Does it give a reason it was so spendy? I bought an 09 silverado alternator a few weeks ago and shipping from USPS was half that ($13.50) UPS is freaking Expensive!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

shouldn't matter how much the shipping cost.. you paid $70 for the alt, $20 for the boot, and $20 for shipping. $110 Total.. It's not your fault the seller didn't properly prepare and plan for costs like boxes, bubble wrap, and to get an ACTUAL shipping quote before selling. Plus he sold you an item that won't do you any good as you have stated. Mario89 = FAIL
Old 08-22-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya OP is in the right.
The seller set the prices and now is sayin the prices he set arent good.
Its easy to tell when someone isnt tellin the truth when they dont focus on the problem but change the focus onto their own issues. Seller spends very little time saying he is sure that it wasnt damaged and then spends alot of time saying well you got it for "free" neway.
Luckily it was 20 bux so when ya dont get it you arent out that much and he gets the tarnished image.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

The original poster is absolutely in the right. Have you submitted negative feedback to make sure no one else has the same problems?
Old 08-22-2010, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

I tried, but I wasn't able to post to the I-trader. I haven't ever done that before, and I'm wondering if it's because he never responded in my wanted add. If you can tell me how to do it, I'd be more than happy to...
Old 08-22-2010, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

You should be able to click on his trader feedback score by his name then click the submit feedback link.

Enter the details and click submit.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/itrader.php?u=36588

Go there and click to submit feedback. Make sure you are filling out the form all the way.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99SS-T
Ya OP is in the right.
The seller set the prices and now is sayin the prices he set arent good.
Its easy to tell when someone isnt tellin the truth when they dont focus on the problem but change the focus onto their own issues. Seller spends very little time saying he is sure that it wasnt damaged and then spends alot of time saying well you got it for "free" neway.
Luckily it was 20 bux so when ya dont get it you arent out that much and he gets the tarnished image.
Yep, I really doubt I'll see that $20 again.... Mario89 seems to be a punk, so I posted this thread in order to save someone else the headache from dealing Mario89 and with the possibility of getting burned by him.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Funkster
You should be able to click on his trader feedback score by his name then click the submit feedback link.

Enter the details and click submit.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/itrader.php?u=36588

Go there and click to submit feedback. Make sure you are filling out the form all the way.

Wow, I was sure trying to make that much harder than it was. That was super easy! Done! I even put a link to this thread in it.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Mario89 Deal gone Sour