Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

stang90gt50 beware fraud

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stang90gt50 beware fraud

I have an issue with the member stang90gt50

This does not please me in the least folks, but I feel I have no other choice.

I was taken by the above member stang90gt50 for what essentially amounts to 2350.00 for a supposed 68k a4 ls1 swap minus trans. Here's the link to the original thread.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/492594-fs-complete-ls1-engine-complete-pcm-wiring-harness-accessories-everything.html

In which he claimed that not only is the motor "guaranteed in good running condition" but that it had dyno'd at 310 to the wheels and was completely stock. He has since edited his original post and evidence of this can be seen with his having edited it just yesterday, a full 4 and a half months after the deal was done.

Now the heads, harness, and accessories arrived almost a month before the block did and I took him on his word that it was a difficulty in finding the time and with the shipping company, but now I suspect it was to cobble a bottom end together of random ls1 junk that he had laying around.

I took it in the same crates that he sent it to me as it arrived to me to my machinist to have him inspect it, throw in some rod bolts, do a valve job and install the valvetrain and cam. Upon teardown he found one piston to be collapsed, at least 2 sets of rod bearings that just fell out of the rods, a severely warped deck, and the icing on the cake.... several cracked sleeves!!
I have pictures showing the cracks that I can link to if need be. With this damage I am essentially left with the harness, pcm, near worthless 98 heads and a crank, not near what I was promised and not near what I should have got.

I have contacted him several times about this and aside from telling me that he would send me the injectors and rails that he owes me and that I could find a rotating assembly on ebay for 100 bucks or so, he has taken to ignoring me completely and changing his posts around.

I see that he's still on here and has just recently sold another motor. I feel that at a minimum a replacement shortblock would be in order or a refund signifigant enough to cover the bill that'll come with me buying a used bare block, some pistons and the machining costs to get it all together.

I can not afford to pay for this and as a result my car is rendered useless rather than me taking a week off here in the next month to have it on the road.

The payment was done with paypal on may 15th and the actual funds were transfered from my bank account if those details are helpful.

I think I may know his real name and his cell number but I won't post those just yet. Do take some time to read through the guys posts in other threads, deserving of special mention are the posts that he has made accusing and calling out others for shady dealings.. the most telling is the one where his dispute dealt with a loss of 80 bucks, while not trivial, it pales in comparison.

Any assistance or guidance in how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer to come to an amiccable arrangement and being able to make amends, but am open to all suggestions.

Best regards,
Old 10-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Well it would appear that he would rather be removed from the site than make good... just be careful folks do not deal with Jim Voyles of california to purchase anything.... I didn't know this going in of course but upon looking up his name I find that he makes a habit of ripping off all kinds of ls1 owners and has been run off of several forums for similiar behaviour. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Anyone have a cheap shortblock on offer?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:36 PM

Jim Voyles also ripped A LOT of people off on corvetteforum, I will see if I can dig up all the threads.

PS:call the cops.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Should I call the police local to me or local to him? And the corvetteforum stuff is some of what I alluded to above. Honestly if I could get something back from him it would be great, but at a minimum I would like to see him face some sort of punishment.

I need to see about getting his actual address.... is there anyone that can work some internet search magic and hook me up? Seems that I'll need it for any communication with the police. Paypal won't do anything about it now as it's been far too long, but I wonder if the bank will as it was transferred from my account and I think it was done via a visa logo'ed card.....
Old 10-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Banned

****Note that you left me positive trader feedback after you recieved all parts in as described condition. You completely agreed that it was fine if I tore it down to save on shipping costs because, you yourself were going to go through the motor and were going to tear it down anyways. The only reason it was not shipped as a complete motor was neither of us wanted to pay the additional costs to ship it freight and prefer to ship it fedex ground instead. ****

I have made my last reply to your PM's and this will be last post here. Please go ahead and close my account with ls1tech as I will not misconstrued falsely here.

I have a half dozen LS1tech member that can vouch for the motor being complete and running when removed. I have even shipped you additional little parts for your conversion to attempt to help you in your swap. I have tried to go above and beyond by providing helpful information on your ls1 swap as well since I have done many.

Btw: Please do contact anyone/everyone you feel necessary. I have pictures/history and witnesses to where the motor came from and that it was a complete running engine when removed. The engine was stock to my knowledge and came from a wrecked z28 camaro I purchased. When removed from car it ran fine with no oil pressure issues/smoke or any other obvious concerns..

You never contacted me once about any problems with it until you had a machine shop "tear it down" for a rebuild that decided to do and immediately tried to do a paypal dispute. You then state the rod bearings "fell out" etc... I am sorry to hear but it is not unheard of to see wear on rod bearings on 98 motors etc. The bearings were not spun and the motor held good oil pressure when removed, I did not unbolt the shortblock to check bearing condition, I only knew that it ran fine when I removed it from the car..... if you search the forums you will find many people with spun rod bearings on stock motors sometimes explained by the factory oil pumps etc. I am sure these motors were running great until suddenly it became a problem. I only unbolted the heads and shipped them seperate with all the other parts like you agreed. I did not check decks or any other parts because the motor was complete until you agreed that it could be shipped in several packages so it could go ground shipping.

If you would have installed the motor the way it was sold to you, you would have found that it was in fact in gauranteed running condition. You agreed that the motor to be tore down as I have from all the saved PM's from you. I am in no way aware of any block problems or any others. It did in fact run when removed. There is no gaurantee or warranty of any type given with used parts other than it "ran fine to the best of my knowledge " when I took it out".

You are all welcome to claim anything you wish, but there is not one person that cannot say that I took care of any problem in the end. There isnt a person that can FIRST PERSON (not 3rd person) say I owe you one dollar and that I did not take care of any problems in the end. I have great seller feedback here including YOURS where you gave me positive after I shipped you everything you wanted.

I even shipped you several small parts for months after when you found you needed any additional parts that were not included with everything I sent you.

I contacted my local PD today regarding the problems and got some information to make sure I could provide any needed info to back up and protect myself. Please go ahead and contact them if you feel it necessary and I will fully protect myself from my end.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Real quick as I am about to run out of the office.

How did the car dyno the 310 rwhp claimed in the original thread? Why did you edit said thread to remove that claim along with the "100% guaranteed in good running condition" line?

You shipped me the little parts, not to help me out, but because you forgot to include them. You still owe me some of those parts too.

Please have all the guys that will vouch for you come in as I would like to ask them the same questions.....

If I had installed a motor with 6 cracked sleeves, a severly warped deck, a hurt piston and at least 2 spun rod bearings it would have been ok? Just want to be clear on that. I didn't plan on tearing it down, it was to be inspected and get rod bolts, lucky I did though, as I would still be out the same amount of money (2350 paid to you) and would now have the added headache of having to pull it out and you still not being taken care of by you.

I would have understood a less than perfect block that ran fine, but this is not even a usable core, and most of the motor parts are junk too. If you start providing proof I will too.... I actually have some, hell if you want, I can show you the motor sitting in it's crate for all that time before it went to the machine shop... it's all on tape, but who's gonna sit and watch several months of footage? What kind of proof do you have? The word of your buddies? That's hardly usefull now is it?

Again, why did you change the post? That's a pretty obvious attempt at covering up.

It will continue.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

Bump for at least a little communication via email.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Wow, Stang90GT50....You are a douche. 'Nuf Said...nail 'em to the wall AngelR
Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by stang90gt50
****Note that you left me positive trader feedback after you recieved all parts in as described condition. You completely agreed that it was fine if I tore it down to save on shipping costs because, you yourself were going to go through the motor and were going to tear it down anyways. The only reason it was not shipped as a complete motor was neither of us wanted to pay the additional costs to ship it freight and prefer to ship it fedex ground instead. ****

I have made my last reply to your PM's and this will be last post here. Please go ahead and close my account with ls1tech as I will not misconstrued falsely here.

I have a half dozen LS1tech member that can vouch for the motor being complete and running when removed. I have even shipped you additional little parts for your conversion to attempt to help you in your swap. I have tried to go above and beyond by providing helpful information on your ls1 swap as well since I have done many.

Btw: Please do contact anyone/everyone you feel necessary. I have pictures/history and witnesses to where the motor came from and that it was a complete running engine when removed. The engine was stock to my knowledge and came from a wrecked z28 camaro I purchased. When removed from car it ran fine with no oil pressure issues/smoke or any other obvious concerns..

You never contacted me once about any problems with it until you had a machine shop "tear it down" for a rebuild that decided to do and immediately tried to do a paypal dispute. You then state the rod bearings "fell out" etc... I am sorry to hear but it is not unheard of to see wear on rod bearings on 98 motors etc. The bearings were not spun and the motor held good oil pressure when removed, I did not unbolt the shortblock to check bearing condition, I only knew that it ran fine when I removed it from the car..... if you search the forums you will find many people with spun rod bearings on stock motors sometimes explained by the factory oil pumps etc. I am sure these motors were running great until suddenly it became a problem. I only unbolted the heads and shipped them seperate with all the other parts like you agreed. I did not check decks or any other parts because the motor was complete until you agreed that it could be shipped in several packages so it could go ground shipping.

If you would have installed the motor the way it was sold to you, you would have found that it was in fact in gauranteed running condition. You agreed that the motor to be tore down as I have from all the saved PM's from you. I am in no way aware of any block problems or any others. It did in fact run when removed. There is no gaurantee or warranty of any type given with used parts other than it "ran fine to the best of my knowledge " when I took it out".

You are all welcome to claim anything you wish, but there is not one person that cannot say that I took care of any problem in the end. There isnt a person that can FIRST PERSON (not 3rd person) say I owe you one dollar and that I did not take care of any problems in the end. I have great seller feedback here including YOURS where you gave me positive after I shipped you everything you wanted.

I even shipped you several small parts for months after when you found you needed any additional parts that were not included with everything I sent you.

I contacted my local PD today regarding the problems and got some information to make sure I could provide any needed info to back up and protect myself. Please go ahead and contact them if you feel it necessary and I will fully protect myself from my end.
I'm sure you have 6 friends who will lie for you, who doesn't. We also have a whole forum, corvetteforum.com, who will tell the truth. You have scammed a lot of people over there and Im sure the police know it.

AngelR - Call the cops, his local police and your local police. I would also report it online to the FBI fraud center. Im sure they have this guys name and all the poeple he has ripped of so you can be added to list of people he owes.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:15 PM

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=jim+voyles

Partail Address:

Jim Voyles,
China Grade
Bakersfield, CA,
Old 10-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Those threads show that this is almost compulsive behaviour. WOW!

Now the questions are: Did he resolve any of these other issues? What was done to him? Has anyone followed through with pursuing a case? How does he continue without being permanently banned, and having all his info flagged so he can't come back under alias' so easily? How does he still have a paypal account? Can we get past victims involved to further establish a case and a pattern?

Just a few points.... if he doesn't make good, I will do my damnest to see to it that there aren't folks wondering the same thing in a few months time. I do hope that you guys will assist me in this, as it's a matter of concern to the entire group.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Teching In

http://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php?sname=jim%20voyles&state=CA&ref=$r ef&se=$se&doby=&city=&name_style=1
Old 10-04-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Def keep pursuing it...I got scammed by some guy on ebay before on a Michael jordan Fleer rookie card a few year back. Paid around $500 for it and description said it was real but sent me the WORST copy ive ever seen. Didnt even have a back to it, just the front printed onto a piece of cardboard. I contacted paypal but it was too late and ebay and they ended up booting him as I guess he had done it with multiple auctions, just with different user names. Not satisfied I sent all the info to Fleer and they said they would go after him...never got my money back and didnt hear back from Fleer but I hope my efforts saved people from getting ripped off int he future so def keep after this guy. Even if you dont get your money or an engine back at least you will teach this assclown a lesson.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Default Wow...

Originally Posted by dead2me
http://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php?sname=jim%20voyles&state=CA&ref=$r ef&se=$se&doby=&city=&name_style=1
I'm just gonna be a little here for a second and tell y'all that that site said that I'm 42 years old. Wtf! I'm 19 !
Old 10-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned

You know I had intention on replying to this.......... But I am quite amused at this point by your "lets get a rope and take out this scumbag" mob approach and replies on this.

I think i'll gladly reply to this one more time:

1st) I sell thousands of items annually and successfully deal with tons of positive feedback. Just look at my positive feedback under my name INCLUDING YOURS! I have no negative feedbacks under my name. Im sorry you think you were wronged, but all I know is that you bought a motor that ran when it came out, you had someone take it apart and now tell me it had a cracked sleeve and a hurt piston. Im sorry but it ran when it came out, if it had that damage there was no way of knowing. There was no warranty implied or expressed and all used items are sold as-is. I sold it to you with its condition to the best of my knowledge...You recieved exactly what you paid for.

2) Corvetteforum???? I havent posted on there more than a few times, please post to what you are referring to.

PLEASE contact any of the people that were related to any of the transactions your posting links to or are looking up info regarding. There is not ONE person that I did not fully resolve and take care of the problem. You may see that there was long posts written where someone thought they got screwed or something and they "got their money back" lol.... no its that after we got away from the message board bangwagon stuff, we resolved it to both our satisifaction.

Just look at the above posted links on here:

This one was where a guy bought a intake that clearly stated it was epoxied and the buyer didnt read or understand that...I resold the intake to the new buyers complete satisfaction and refunded his money fully.....

This is another great example of how I fully came through as a great customer service seller in the end. Fedex screwed up the shipment info, damaged a brand new transmission in shipping and i fully paid for a replacement case to be installed to the buyers complete satisfaction and at my total loss. Also notice the 12 positive feedbacks I have on manymany other items sold

The third link relates to SLED28 as well...please do contact him and you will fully see he was taken care of fully in the end...

Maybe you should realize you cannot find one person that can step up and say "He did me wrong and didnt take care of the problem in the end"

Im sorry but your looking for a bad guy where there is none to be found....

I even offered to pay for half of a used fair market price LS1 shortblock for you (they go for around $500)..... this after 6 months pass from selling you the motor and thinking it was a great transaction with no problems....

Damn it, im going to go throw myself a parade and buy a medal...

Last edited by stang90gt50; 10-04-2006 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:04 PM

And yet there is still a reason YOU WERE KICKED OFF THIS SITE IN THE FIRST PLACE. It wasn't so you can re-register under a different name and scam more people!

AND IF NONE OF THAT **** HAPPENED IN THE PAST NONE OF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BROUGHT UP AND YOU COULD HAVE HANDELED THIS YOURSELF, BUT THE FACT IS YOU HAVE DONE THIS IN THE PAST AND THATS WHY YOU WERE KICKED OFF.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

can some RE ban this dumbass?
Old 10-05-2006, 09:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,109 Likes on 727 Posts

I banned this account.

Jim Voyle has been banned before for several complaints. I don't feel that he can be trusted.

Did you do a search on his name before buying the engine? Did the transaction originate on here or on Ebay?
Old 10-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

I did not know his name until the payment request came over and even then had no reason to suspect him. So no, I didn't look up his name. As for the transaction's origins... here's the link.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492594

It would appear that it's been removed. Likely by Jim, possibly one of the mods.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:08 PM
FormerVendor

should put the thread back up and lock it.

Quick Reply: stang90gt50 beware fraud