PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

READ ME!!!! *****Best LS1 Tuning Software? Best Scanner? Best Handheld?****

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default READ ME!!!! *****Best LS1 Tuning Software? Best Scanner? Best Handheld?****

If you post up asking "which is best", "Help me Pick", "HP tuners vs LS1 Edit", "EFI Live vs HP Tuners" etc.. your thread will be locked.

For those that insist "I tried to search and didn't find anything" ... or claim they don't know what to search for... here's a few suggestions:

"EFI Live HP Tuners"
"EFI Live LS1 Edit"
"HP Tuners LS1 Edit"

Please use the search feature to research your question. There is plenty enough info available for you to make an educated decision. You should also visit the respective vendor websites.

There are 2 types of tuning packages available: Full tuning packages (require laptop to tune) and handheld tuners.

Full Tuning Suites:
EFI Live
GM Tech II
HP Tuners: www.hptuners.com
LS1 Edit
TunerCat

Handheld Tuners:
Diablo Motorsports Predator: www.diablosport.com
EFILive FlashScan V2
GM Tech II
HPP3
SCT Flash
Vinci/Crane Tuner: www.vincihighperformance.com/

Scanning Only:
Autotap
EFI Live
HP Tuners: www.hptuners.com
OBD-2 by alex pepper
ProScan

Which solution is the best?
The question of which full tuning package is the best depends on your situation/needs, much like choosing the right camshaft. Please use the search feature of this message board and search this section before posting threads "which tuning software is the best"

Full tuning suites offer much more control over the handhelds and are hands down the best solution if you are willing to devote the time to learn. A Wideband O2 sensor is also a very important tool for proper tuning.

Which full suite is best?
Using the search feature, here are some key searches you can try for each full tuning suite:

EFI Live -- "EFI Live" "Flashscan" "EFI Flashscan"
GM Tech II -- "Tech II" "Tech2" "TechII"
HP Tuners -- "HPT" "HP Tuners" "HP Tuners EIO"

LS1 Edit -- "LS1 Edit" "Carputing"
Tunercat -- "Tunercat" "C.A.T.S."

Which handheld is the best?
Using the search feature, here are some key searches you can try for each handheld tuner:

EFILive -- "Flashscan V2" "AutoCal"
HPP3 -- "HPP3" "Hypertech" "Power Programmer"
Predator -- "RWTD" "Diablo" "Predator"
Vinci Tuner -- "Crane Tuner" "Vinci" "Vinci Tuner" "VHP"

Which Scan-only solution is the best?
Using the search feature, here are some key searches you can try for each scan-only solution:

Autotap -- "Autotap"
EFI Live -- "EFI Live" "EFI Scanner" "EFI Scan"
OBD-2 -- "Alex Pepper"
ProScan -- "ProScan"

Last edited by orangeapeel; 09-20-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brains
Admin note: Moderators, clean/lock/etc. any future threads as necessary, these pissing matches aren't doing anyone any good. They're getting way too far off a healthy comparison to be useful to our members. Its a benefit to us that both companies have chosen to sponsor the site, I just wish they would BOTH stop acting like everyone is out to get them. Instead of pointing fingers and getting all worked up, it would be much more professional for both companies to CONSTRUCTIVELY bounce off each other to strengthen their positions. Face it - HPTuners and EFILive are at the top of the game. NOBODY, on ANY platform, offers as powerful of tools as these two companies offer to the public. I just wish they could co-exist on a message forum without themselves or their supporters getting emotional about it!!!

So with that:
1. HP Tuners or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on EFILive.
2. EFILive or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on HP Tuners.

If the order I posted the company names gets you worked up:
1. EFILive or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on HP Tuners.
2. HP Tuners or their supporters or anyone purported to be their supporter can no longer comment on EFILive.

Members: if a post of yours is locked, edited for content, or removed -- and you feel this was in error -- feel free to contact the moderators (name will generally be listed in the "edited by" line if it were edited, otherwise anyone if it were removed). Otherwise, feel free to contact one of the Administrators.

This crap has GOT to stop. This isn't the first time we've had businesses battle on the forums, and we've learned how to deal with it and allow all parties to coexist and prosper. Both companies are too valuable to our community to be spending their time arguing!

I am pretty excited about being able to see both packages mature and grow in feature set and usability, because all that matters at the end of the day is that you're able to get the job done. Truthfully, I don't think you could go wrong with either package. Neither of them are lacking in tuning ability for 99% of the community. For the remaining 1%, if there's a feature or parameter missing from the package you chose to go with, my bet is if you ask and it makes sense to be added, it WILL be added. Both companies are dedicated to the advancement of their product and support of our community.
Important Info ... going forward time-outs will be given if things get out of hand again...

Quick Reply: READ ME!!!! *****Best LS1 Tuning Software? Best Scanner? Best Handheld?****