Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR springs?? Y/N

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR springs?? Y/N

I've heard that these ride like crap? I'm trying to stay w/ all BMR components now.

Anyone have experience w/ it?
Old 01-04-2006, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just bought some and the research I did on them said they are good. I hear most lowering springs take away from the ride quality depending on the shock you use. I hear the BMR's work great with Koni SA's.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
I've heard that these ride like crap

What do you consider crap? Some peoples perceptions are different.

I'm running Hal singles with BMR springs out back and really like it
Old 01-04-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have BMR springs and I'm happy with the way my car rides. I like it better than the pro kit
Old 01-04-2006, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

i like my BMRS...just enough stiffness i was lookin for.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

i like them not a bad ride at all
Old 01-05-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Veteran

I've heard that they ride like a rick-shaw, or a street carrage. One of the two.

Thatnx for the Imput, I really want to stay w/ all BMR components, (even replace my Hotchkis LCA's w/ BMR)

How would the function w/ stock shocks??
Old 01-05-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

I had to put my stock shocks back on for a while and honestly it wasn't too bad. Depending on how many miles you have on your stockers I'm sure you could be ok. But with that being said the difference in the ride between a shock that is valved for spring rate is a big improvement. The difference is night and day and once you get good shocks you will never want to go back to stock shocks

Last edited by 01 Red WS6; 01-05-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
I had to put my stock shocks back on for a while and honestly it wasn't too bad. Depending on how many miles you have on your stockers I'm sure you could be ok. But with that being said the difference in the ride between a shock that is valved for spring rate is a big improvement. The difference is night and day and once you get good shocks you will never want to go back to stock shocks
I will be getting some BMR lowering springs and I don't have the money for some shocks right now. Is it really bad if I run on stock shocks? I have about 43k miles on the car right now and I don't drive it too hard. Do you think I can get by with jsut stock shocks? Also what happens if my shocks are blown, is that necessarily bad for the car? Thanks guys.
-Patrick
Old 01-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
I've heard that they ride like a rick-shaw, or a street carrage. One of the two.

Thatnx for the Imput, I really want to stay w/ all BMR components, (even replace my Hotchkis LCA's w/ BMR)

How would the function w/ stock shocks??
You just answered your own question

If you're planning on running BMR springs with stock shocks then your car will ride like a "rick-shaw" or "log wagon" or whatever other concoction you can come up with

This also holds true for all lowering springs, Hotchkis, DMS, Eibach etc..

You need to properly match the springs with the appropriate shock, Bilstein revalves and Koni SA's would be your best bets.

So please, don't install lowering springs with stock shocks then come on board and complain that the springs suck. It's not the springs that suck, it's your shocks
Old 01-10-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by patricklee88
I will be getting some BMR lowering springs and I don't have the money for some shocks right now. Is it really bad if I run on stock shocks? I have about 43k miles on the car right now and I don't drive it too hard. Do you think I can get by with jsut stock shocks? Also what happens if my shocks are blown, is that necessarily bad for the car? Thanks guys.
-Patrick
Since you're buying the BMR springs from me, I have some used SLP Bilstein shocks I can throw in pretty cheap. Let me know what you can afford.

They're still on my car, but I have some Strano revalved Bilsteins I will be installing.

The SLP Bilsteins are not ideal for the BMR springs, but they should be a significant upgrade from your stock shocks.