Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Anyone had a tune done by Carolina Automasters?

Old 04-03-2006, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone had a tune done by Carolina Automasters?

I'm looking for a place to get a full dyno tune done and Carolina Automasters' name came up. Anyone had any work done here? Good? Bad?...Ugly?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They tuned my Z06 for me or at least tried. He kept saying that there was something wrong with the car but there was not just a malfuction on his end. I brought it back hereto ATL. and had it tuned with no issues. I have heard of this happening with them several times on the corvette forums about him saying there is something wrong. I think he just doesn't understand everything and when something reads different than average that he doesn't know what it is and automatically says there is something wrong with the car.Just my expeirance. Bottomline I paid and got a tune that would hardly even run.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Lame Excuse for a Photog

Yep, on the local forum (Carolina Automasters is local for me (also known as CAM)) several guys have said that he cant tune cars worth crap and that there cars barely ran after getting a tune there.

Use RPM in Raleigh, NC if you need a tune in NC. They do great work. If you arent already on there you should check out www.hpjunkies.com they are the leading NC domestic forum and you can read plenty about all the local tuners.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I haven't had any problems at CAM. I was perfectly happy with my tune and work done there. He has been tuning cars for years with hundreds of happy customers. If you look a while back into his history, like several years, you'll see that just about everyone swore by him. It wasn't until recently that a new shop opened up locally and everyone decided it was time for a change. Who knows what the reason was. Maybe better rates? Maybe a little better of a tune? Who really knows. All I know is suddenly Jeff Creech sucks and his tunes suck? The cars suddenly don't run? Give me a damn break! I'm not bashing anyone or any shops, but I will say this. Call around and decide who you want to tune your car. Be careful taking advice from a bunch of people who are loyal to a certain shop for whatever reasons. Thats like going to SVTPerformance and asking if you should buy an LS1. Or coming here and asking if you should buy a Cobra. People are continuously going to CAM and are continuously going to be happy. I've been there plenty of times and would continue to go back. I had no problem with well over 500rwhp/tq on just a blown C5, and I can assure you it ran.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Your right everyone said he was a good tuner thats why I took my Z06 there. I had a bolt cam only car up there when he was done tuning it the car made 382RWHP. Thats pathetic. He said there was somehthing wrong with the car I drove it back down here to atlanta to Lamar waldon Automotive and it made after a tune 421RWHP and there was no problems with the car. Also I have my own shop now and have no favorites when it comes to a shop but my own. Bottomline on my car jeff cheech did a shitty job and another one of my freinds car as well
Old 04-06-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Take it to Nick Williams near Charlotte,NC. He does great work on LS1's/LS6's and is a excellent tuner
Old 04-06-2006, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00TurboT/A
. He said there was somehthing wrong with the car

He likes that story. Uses it a lot. Also likes to tell people that get the P300 code.....they have something wrong with their ignition. It has nothing to do with the cam.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jay_99z
He likes that story. Uses it a lot. Also likes to tell people that get the P300 code.....they have something wrong with their ignition. It has nothing to do with the cam.
Finally someone that got the same bullshit I did.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

I've just heard about it....
Old 04-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Teching In

This is from my friend

Since he is not a sponsor on that site I just want to give you guys & gals a heads up. And caution when conducting business with him. I had my car up there recently for a Vortech install and tune. While my TransAm was there he failed to do the following.

Those of you that know me, know that I would never attempt to cheat anyone. While my car was there for the install he failed to:

1. Failed to install the Aftercooler properly.
2. Failed to properly align the pulley tensioner.
3. Fuel pressure gauge hooked directly to +12V ignition (should have utilized a .02 fuse that I provided for safety reasons.
4. Closed my WS6 hood and put a dent inside the hood causing me to get it repaired for $ 192.00.

He "claims" he sent the check..since it was in our verbal and internet communications. To date no check no check.
I have given this guy the benefit of the doubt, but when so much time has elapsed, he is not very honest and has very bad business ethics.
So be warned.

Like I said...I took my car up there last summer to have a supercharger, gauges, and dyno tune. While the car was up there he did a crappy job
based on all the things I mentioned on my original post.

He was even "supposed" to come down here to my area of course with his current status he never came. Then he tells me he " knows " some people in the state and he would ask them to come over. I told him my business was with him not with "them". I had no clue who the hell these dudes were.

He promised to write me a check for $ 192.00 for the damage he did to my WS6 hood,....to date.. I'm still waiting for the check. But he said he is NOT going to pay. This is what happens when a person (shop) gets waaaay to big they tend to lose that vendor/client relationship and now he gets selective on his customers.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Orginal Post about Jeff Creech on my website: http://www.hrfbody.com/showthread.php?t=3224
Old 04-09-2006, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

Well I am glad I checked out this thread. At first, I thought maybe it was one person's bad experience but it looks like a repeat occurance. I was about to talk to them about tuning my LT1.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Ryan's Performance Machines in Garner, NC is your best bet. It should only be about an hour or so away from you depending on where you live in F-ville.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

I am happy w/ what creech did for my car. Alot of people in our car group have had a creech tune and were very very happy. Think about this: creech has tuned 1000's of cars and w/ that many cars done, your bound to have had a few bad apples. Say what you want, but I'm happy
Old 04-13-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

He tuned my procharger setup, and will be tuning my new turbo setup in a couple of weeks.

So far so good for me, he's spent a lot of time just discussing the mod options and offered suggestions.

Just my 2cents

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone had a tune done by Carolina Automasters?