Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Tech says "Never have nozzle before maf...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Auto Tech says "Never have nozzle before maf...

Have a friend who says my car isn't running as good as it should and I'm going to break something because my dry shot nozzle is before the MAF.
He says spraying into the maf is not a good thing because it doesn't read oxygen levels and it is screwing up the readings.
What do you experts make of this? Here's a pic of my engine bay w/ nozzle in lid.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

No offense but your friend isn't too smart. The nozzle needs to be placed before the MAF so it can add fuel. You just need to make sure your nozzle placement is correct for a proper A/F ratio.

Btw, MAF's don't read oxygen levels.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your nozzle looks good where it is. Tell your buddy he should know what he's talking about before he gives "proffessional" advice.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Download the install manual for the NOS dry kit and give it to your "Auto Tech"
Old 10-08-2007, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

Well I told him that alot of people have it the exact same way I do and he said, there is alot of idiots that do it the wrong way.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sworaz
Well I told him that alot of people have it the exact same way I do and he said, there is alot of idiots that do it the wrong way.
There's also alot of idiots that think they're god's gift to LS1's and give shitty advice.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Launching!

I say you should print off this thread and hand it to him. He's obviously not clear about the differences between wet and dry, and is bulking them together.

Although.... since he's your mechanic, you should have him "fix" it and get a new motor out of it, just be sure to get things in writing!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

1 more for telling your buddy to f-off.

If you don't put the nozzle before the MAF you will run lean, probably blow the engine on a large shot.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Launching!

and to think that all the install manuals for the dry kits from the manufacturers are wrong and this one guy is right
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DO NOT LISTEN TO MR. TOOL. The guy does not know what he is talking about. Invite Mr. Tool to came on this forum and post his technical wizardery, lol.
Tell him to check these threads out.
Dry Tuning and nozzle placement

Dry vs Wet Thread

Robert
Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your auto tech is a retard. Try spraying a dry shot after the MAF and you will have a blown apart engine.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dose he really work on your car?? do you pay him when he works on your car, he may be trying to get a blown engine replacement out of you
Old 10-08-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

He must think it's like a mustang. Except a mustang dry kit closes off the fuel return line and boosts the pressure at the injectors to get the added fuel.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DRSITES
Although.... since he's your mechanic, you should have him "fix" it and get a new motor out of it, just be sure to get things in writing!
No he's not my mechanic, just friend...I guess his friend told him who is a mechanic told him. He says that the maf plays no role in the nitrous but rather screws it up. And that you should put the nozzle behind and the O2 sensors are what tell the computer how much fuel to give.
I guess i'm not looking for any awnsers instead i'm going to show him this thread. Thanks for the links Robert56.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

He's a moron.

First, the narrow-band O2 sensors are completely inaccurate at the afr you should be running on spray. For cruising when you're around 14.7:1 afr, they work great. For 12:1 or richer like you should be around on spray, they're completely wrong.

Second, the MAF does play a role in adding fuel. The nitrous spray through it, and due to it's rapid decompression from 950psi, it changes state from a liquid to solid and drops in temperature. As your 'auto tech' should know, the cooler the charge, the denser it is...The denser it is, the more fuel needed to maintain the proper afrs. So you're fooling the computer in essence into making it believe the air temperature really is something rediculous.(well below freezing)...And then the computer compensates and adds fuel.

I know exactly the type of person this is, because I've dealt with them before. They fool you into thinking they're the ******* God of performance, when in reality they aren't ****. They'll run their mouth and be completely *** backwards, and talk someone like you into changing something and making an expensive mistake.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some guy was just telling a friend his stock LS1 is gonna blow apart because 150hp is WAY too much to be spraying dry. "Trust me dude, I speak from experience bro".
Old 10-08-2007, 11:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by b00sted
He's a moron.

First, the narrow-band O2 sensors are completely inaccurate at the afr you should be running on spray. For cruising when you're around 14.7:1 afr, they work great. For 12:1 or richer like you should be around on spray, they're completely wrong.

Second, the MAF does play a role in adding fuel. The nitrous spray through it, and due to it's rapid decompression from 950psi, it changes state from a liquid to solid and drops in temperature. As your 'auto tech' should know, the cooler the charge, the denser it is...The denser it is, the more fuel needed to maintain the proper afrs. So you're fooling the computer in essence into making it believe the air temperature really is something rediculous.(well below freezing)...And then the computer compensates and adds fuel.

I know exactly the type of person this is, because I've dealt with them before. They fool you into thinking they're the ******* God of performance, when in reality they aren't ****. They'll run their mouth and be completely *** backwards, and talk someone like you into changing something and making an expensive mistake.
Thanks for the breakdown, appreciate that.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not solid, I meant gas. It changes from a liquid to a gas rapidly and drops temperature.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

Tell your friend to fight me. Haha, kidding. nah, your friend shouldn't be giving advice since he is way wrong. Spray a dry shot after the MAF, lean out your motor, and sue him. Make sure he signs a piece of legal documentation saying he says it will work perfectly fine, he accepts all responsability and he will replace the motor after it breaks due to his retardation.

Make sure he signs it before he installs it after you MAF.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

when he's done reading this thread, and looks up with a confussed/humbled face just kick him in the nuts for being an uneducated arrogent ***.

brody

Quick Reply: Auto Tech says "Never have nozzle before maf...