383ci 8.5:1 compression - Fully built LS6 engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 383ci 8.5:1 compression - Fully built LS6 engine

This engine was intended to be used as training wheels for my car. I'm not going to get around to completing my project. Therefore I'm offing it for what amounts to less than the cost of the parts that are in it! For someone looking for a great deal on a motor with great parts.

The engine was built by John Lahone (formerly at Livernois Motorsports) and the cylinder heads were built by Rick Swain (also formerly at Livernois Motorsports). Both are top notch guys in engine building and cylinder head work. I didn't spare any expense in building this engine. At the time no aftermarket blocks were available and this was the best we had. Beyond that, all of that parts are very solid and can either be used as the hard parts in a new engine or as is.

The engine block itself is my original LS6 engine that I had built as a 382ci All-Bore motor by Agostino Racing Engines. I raced that block as a nitrous motor for a year before deciding to go FI. The block is a resleeved LS6 block and it has had zero issues with sleeves or any other features.

With the exception of the block, everything in this engine is brand new. The final specs on the engine really put it at a 383.12 CI with a 8.62:1 compression ratio. It has never been run.
  • GM LS6 Block resleeved to 4.100" Bores by Agostino-Racing Engines (raced one season, zero issues)
  • Moldex 3.622 Stroke Billet Crankshaft
  • ARP Main bolts
  • Calico coated crankshaft, main and camshaft bearings
  • GRP Aluminum Rods (6.125" Rod Length, .927 Pin, 2.225 Journal)
  • Wiseco custom dish pistons (4.103" Bore), Coated on the tops and the skirts, includes 2 spares
  • Custom Total Seal ring package
  • Bushed lifter bores
  • Crane solid rollers
  • Custom solid roller crankshaft (specs to buyer)
  • Jesel LS-1 Style Belt Cam Drive
  • Custom ATI balancer hub for the belt drive with 26 tooth HTD drive pulley, balancer shell not included
  • Armstrong Race Engineering 3 port dry sump pan
  • All Pro LS6 style Cylinder Heads ported and assembled by Livernois
  • 2.125 Titanium Intake Valves with multi-angle valve job
  • 1.600 Inconel Exhaust Valves
  • Comp 948-16 Triple Springs (1.650 Springs, 332# @ 2.100 on Seat, 949# @ 1.2 Open, Coil Bind @ 1.13, 686# per inch)
  • ARP 2000 Cylinder Head Bolts
  • Cometic head gaskets

I do have a set of Jesel J2K Mohawk rockers for this engine. However, given the seat pressures of the valve springs the exhaust rockers would need to be exchanged for solid rockers or you may want to consider getting their newer light weight steel assemblies. I will include them at the price listed. If you do not want them, we can negotiate the price. There are no pushrods in the engine and they will need to be purchased depending on the rocker arms you ultimately choose.

I do have a set of valve covers from the engine that I will include. They are shown on a car in the last photo and are used. You can also purchase valve covers from one of our sponsors if you'd rather have a better looking setup.

No intake manifold or throttle body is included. A couple of the necessary engine sensors are included. This includes the Cam and Crank position sensors. I wouldn't suggest knock sensors, we generally plug the oil pressure sending unit and I do not recall if I put the coolant temp sensor in the head or not. If it is not there, I'll provide a new one. As for the rest of the sensors, MAF, blinker fluid level, etc. those are not included.

The engine does not contain a internal oil pump. The Jesel belt drive rules that possibility out. An external oil pump will be required. For a turbo motor a 5 stage pump would be best to pull three stages off the oil pan, one off the oil can as the feed and the fifth off from the turbo drain (location depending) or valley cover. The oil pump that is shown in the photos below IS NOT included with the engine. If you would like the engine to include that pump it can be negotiated, including plumbing the pump to the oil pan.

Asking price is $10,000 OBO plus shipping. I'm negotiable on the price as long as the offer is reasonable and practical (NO TIRE KICKERS!!!!). Depending on where you live, I'm negotiable on how the shipping is handled and I'm willing to deliver within 200 miles of Detroit or Grand Rapids one way. If you have any questions, please send me a PM and I'll get to it as soon as I can. At this time I will not be considering any offers to part out the engine.

Regards,
Steve

The valve covers shown in this photo will be included. They already have -12 AN fittings welded on to them for a vacuum pump connection.

Last edited by DERTY; 01-06-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy crap that is sweet..wish ihad 10K to toss on a motor...
Old 01-06-2008, 11:01 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks.

A question was asked if the engine has a wet sleeve or dry sleeve block. It is the original dry sleeve setup that ARE came up with. The block itself also has a couple thousand hard street and strip miles on it when it was a nitrous motor. It didn't have any issues when I drove it from Toronto back to Grand Rapids non-stop, all around the state of Michigan and all the track time that I put into it.

Quick Reply: 383ci 8.5:1 compression - Fully built LS6 engine