Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to get madman dipstick in T400

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to get madman dipstick in T400

I have a T400 with madman's dipstick. How do I get it in. I have the tranny in the car. Do I have to pull the headers? There is a tab with a bolt hole. Where does it bolt to?
Old 09-27-2003, 08:38 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: How to get madman dipstick in T400

It goes in from the bottom. You might be able to snake it up between the bellhousing and the headers if you are lucky. The tab with the hole goes on the the top right bolt of the bellhousing. Just a word of caution, I have one and another guy does here as well. Depending on when you got it the hole may not line up properly. Especially if you are using an ultrabell. If that is the case, just throw a big fender washer on the bolt and just clamp the tab to the bellhousing with it.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the MADMAN dipstick better than my LOKAR dipstick its to long,BY the way DERTY Iam going to put a Cheetah shifter in my FIREBIRD if i were to get an auto Console from the junk yard would it fit better then the M6 console My brother works at the junk yard parts are cheaper.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:54 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Is the MADMAN dipstick better than my LOKAR dipstick its to long,BY the way DERTY Iam going to put a Cheetah shifter in my FIREBIRD if i were to get an auto Console from the junk yard would it fit better then the M6 console My brother works at the junk yard parts are cheaper.
The lokar dipsticks are great. You can custom order one to hwatever length you need.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:12 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

M6 Console all the way, no way in hell it would fit under an A4 console without some SERIOUS work. Also, ordering a Lokar stick would be better IMO. But if you already have the Madman stick, it's a little tough.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

We had to do some "fabrication" on my Madman dipstick yesterday. Mainly make an elongated bracket, and do a little bending to clear the cowl.
It works, but it cost my buddy Jeff about 2 tablespoons of blood. Damn car bit him in the process!