FS: Low-Compression 398ci LS2 Short-block

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 04:36 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: Low-Compression 398ci LS2 Short-block

I finally received my LS2 block from the machine shop after a few months of waiting, and am now thinking of going bigger and N/A instead; so if this sells I will do that, if not I will stick with this setup and go with the boost setup as originally planned. I change my mind a lot!

This shortblock consists of:

-LS2 aluminum block
-Machined and torque-plate honed to piston sizing
-New Durabond camshaft bearings
-New Eagle 3.900" 4340 forged crankshaft 24x Reluctor Wheel - balanced
-New JE Forged 4.030" bore 28.5cc dished pistons (2618 forging)
-New JE Plasma-Moly file-to-fit ring set 1.5/1.5/3.0
-New Eagle 6.200" 4340 forged H-beam connecting rods
-New ARP 2000 connecting rod bolt upgrade
-New Clevite main and rod bearings

Compression calculates out to 9-1 with 64cc heads and .040" head gasket.

To install this Gen IV block into a Gen III engine vehicle (LS1/LS6/etc) you would also need an LS2 valley plate, LS2 timing cover and LS2 timing set for the engine, for the wiring you would need a cam sensor extension harness and knock sensor relocation (if used).

As of this post the shortblock is not fully assembled but has been mock-assembled for checking block clearance. I need to file fit the rings and then it is 1-2 hours of time until finished. I will also note that the machine shop had to weld a small crack in the outer starter boss of the block, it was professionally done ($140 repair!), I have already test fitted a starter and bolts to verify. Being a forged boost setup, the piston clearances are slightly veered to the loose side, I expect some typical cold piston noise as a result.

I am wanting to sell this assembled shortblock for $3500 outright plus shipping freight if required. I can use paypal for a deposit to secure the sale, but would highly prefer alternative funding for the remainder. I have had SEVERAL friends have fraud problems with paypal on large purchases as sellers.

PM for more information, pictures or questions. I'm not online much during the week, but can answer short PM's fairly quickly as needed.

Last edited by -Joseph-; 01-03-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what were you looking to make with this?? Who built it??
Old 02-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still forsale?