General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

VATTs question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 03:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VATTs question

A few months ago I bought a 98 Z28 parts car. I am installing the dash with the entire harness in a friends 87 Monte SS. We want to keep the VATTS system for added security but I never got he key with the car. Does anyone know a way off getting the code for the key pellet other than through the dealer (they won't give it to me with out a registration in my name).

Other question is, does anyone here work at a dealer that could get me the code if I gave you the VIN number.

Re'
Old 04-01-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one got any ideas

Re
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My nephew used to work installing remote starts, alarms, etc, and he made a box with the 15 resistor values hooked to a rotary switch. Box had a plug that would hook up to the connection at the base of the steering column. Would take time cause you had to try each one, wait if it didn't work, but that's how he did it.

You could do the same thing by manually hooking each resistor value to that connector one at a time till you hit it. Just an idea if you get desperate enough.

If you need the resistors, go to an installer. A lot of remote starts come with a bag of the resistors, and only one ends up getting used, so they have a bunch left over from each install.