Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Walbro intall for 99 and up.. Searched and cannot find.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 04:40 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not going to call it a "Hack Job" nor will I go on and talk about structural integrit when there are two frame rails one on each side so I don't think that was an issue. I only saw one coment on that and I would be willing to bet that the car had some prior damage from a wreck or lack of sub frame connectors or some thing along that line if what he said was true? I am not an expert on that although I have fixed several totaled Camaro's and have seen the wrinkles go a lot further than you would have thought. On another subject I looked at your web page and I did not see any pictures of your blower? I liked your shift light mounting place very stealth. That whisper exhaust looks a lot like a corsa, does is sound simular to one or what?
Old 02-12-2004, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector12
I am not going to call it a "Hack Job" nor will I go on and talk about structural integrit when there are two frame rails one on each side so I don't think that was an issue. I only saw one coment on that and I would be willing to bet that the car had some prior damage from a wreck or lack of sub frame connectors or some thing along that line if what he said was true? I am not an expert on that although I have fixed several totaled Camaro's and have seen the wrinkles go a lot further than you would have thought. On another subject I looked at your web page and I did not see any pictures of your blower? I liked your shift light mounting place very stealth. That whisper exhaust looks a lot like a corsa, does is sound simular to one or what?
Yeah sorry I haven't updated that site yet. The link I posted earlier had a few pics of the blower setup. I have pics just have been too busy to update my web page. You'd think after a year I'd have time, but the last thing you want to do after working on computers all day is come home and work on your own

I like the whisper. It actually sounds very similar to the Corsa. I think the corsa is a shade mellower in tone and loudness at idle and part throttle and a shade louder at WOT. But I have an electric cutout so i get mellow when I want it and loud and obnoxious too I like the Straight pipe slash cuts for Formulas and camaro's. They have a good side profile. If I had a T/A I'd probably go with fancy tips since you can't see the side anyways.

Mike
Old 02-12-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's some pics of a 99 install I did. I'll upload the other pics in a sec.
VERY simple from the bottom. Screw cuttin' up a perfectly good car.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the others.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

When splicing all the wires to the walbro what is a safe way to protect the wires? I assume you cannot use electrical tape.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No dont use tape. We just used the plastic connectors. No explosions yet. If I were to re-do it though I would have taken the time to solder it and use heat shrink.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:34 AM
TECH Junkie

thats what I was thinking was heat shrink I just wanted to be sure. Thanks for all the pics guys and the info.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Junkie

I just finished up doing the install on this and I must say it is pretty easy doing the access hole. Thanks to Chris99WS6PWTMET my cut was exact the first time. Thanks alot to all you guys who chimed in and posted the threads/pics in here.
Old 03-22-2004, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mike K.
I just finished up doing the install on this and I must say it is pretty easy doing the access hole. Thanks to Chris99WS6PWTMET my cut was exact the first time. Thanks alot to all you guys who chimed in and posted the threads/pics in here.
Any tips that you think everyone should know or are most already covered in this thread? Do you have to splice wires or are there connectors that can be purchased to keep the install cleaner?
Old 03-22-2004, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

The kit comes with butt connectors that you can use but its really easy to splice the wires. the stock ones are gray and black and the walbro harness will have red and black wires. Red goes to gray and black goes to black. I also bought a straight peice of fuel line instead of the formed one that comes with the kit, for me this made it much easier as the formed hose tried to compress the pump assembly alot. You'll see what I mean once you are in there. Other than that all the info is covered.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike K.
Glad to hear it all went well for you Mike. I just finished my new system using a -8 feed line, split into the backs of two high flow rails, returning through my aeromotive reg using the stock feed line. Working out a Canton filter leak right now though
Old 03-22-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like an awesome setup Chris now I just have to worry about converting my system to the front mount regulator but hopefully I wont have to.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Has anyone tried this yet?

http://www.thunderracing.com/index.c...t&contentid=79

A complete replacement for the 98-99 tanks with a new wiring harness.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for all the good info I am putting a walbro 255 in my 2000 shitbox tomorrow. I had a feeling it was different from the 98's. Now I know for sure. Great info!

Brad
Old 06-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chris99WS6PWTMET
No dont use tape. We just used the plastic connectors. No explosions yet. If I were to re-do it though I would have taken the time to solder it and use heat shrink.
Well I did this a few months ago. I did use tape but in a different means. I solder the connection and then shrink wrapped them. To protect the connection completely I then tape the hell out of the shrink wrapped connection and place tie wraps before and after the connection to try and keep the tape in place and keep the connection dry or atleast insulated. Its really overkill, but a guess thats my way. The tie-wraps only are there to try and keep the tape in place because it will expand over time since its saturated in gasoline.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:22 PM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Just my little writeup.
http://www.public.asu.edu/~nicolasd/
Go to performance, then scroll down until you see the fuel pump assembly picture.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Junkie

remember regular shrink wrap could melt in gas. Get some teflon coated stuff to be safe.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SquintzPallatore
Thanks for all the good info I am putting a walbro 255 in my 2000 shitbox tomorrow. I had a feeling it was different from the 98's. Now I know for sure. Great info!

Brad
http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Racetronix
That one pimp kit. A overkill for a 255 Walbro, but good for larger inline pumps.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AgentOrange
That one pimp kit. A overkill for a 255 Walbro, but good for larger inline pumps.
Huh?

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Quick Reply: Walbro intall for 99 and up.. Searched and cannot find.