Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

X-Pipe Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up X-Pipe Experience

First off I would like to thank WrkCar for all his help .

I wanted to post pictures of my X-Pipe install for those of you pondering it as I was.
Attached Thumbnails X-Pipe Experience-img_0054_2.jpg   X-Pipe Experience-img_0055_3.jpg   X-Pipe Experience-img_0060_4.jpg   X-Pipe Experience-img_0061_5.jpg   X-Pipe Experience-img_0062_6.jpg  

Old 07-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Teching In

For those of you living in the DFW area B&B does great exhaust work and they are located in Hurst off of Bedford Euless Rd. I figured it would be much louder and to be honest I can hardly tell it is installed (noise). Even at WOT it is a slight growl of a difference and perfect mod to keep things quiet like a Caddy. What is noticable is dropping the hammer . I can give confirmation that it is putting 15-20 to the ground easily. This is a must do mod for any V owner.
Attached Thumbnails X-Pipe Experience-img_0063_7.jpg   X-Pipe Experience-img_0065_9.jpg   X-Pipe Experience-img_0066_10.jpg   X-Pipe Experience-img_0067_11.jpg   X-Pipe Experience-img_0068_12.jpg  

Old 07-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Your welcome Caddy V

Last edited by WrkCar; 07-02-2004 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Here is a good article explaining what it does;
http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/0307vet_xpipe/

BTW it doesn't replace the cats.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Great article.

Thanks Again

Have a great 4th.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:53 AM
Staging Lane

How does the xpipe make the car sound from the outside, any louder?

If so, soundclip please!

Clean install, thanks for the pics.

Wildwhl
Old 07-06-2004, 12:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

That looks good, there is for sure a HP gain getting rid of that garbage
Old 07-06-2004, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wildwhl
How does the xpipe make the car sound from the outside, any louder?

If so, soundclip please!

Clean install, thanks for the pics.

Wildwhl
I wouldn't say louder but a deeper growl. The stock mufflers keep it quiet and at times it's tough to tell the difference from the resonator. At WOT you can tell in more ways than one . Unfortunatly I don't have a digital recorder to get you a sound clip.

Maybe one of the others guys could help out with that?
Old 07-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CaddyV
I can give confirmation that it is putting 15-20 to the ground easily. This is a must do mod for any V owner.
I can imagine that there are some ponies to be gained... but without an actual before and after dyno the question is HOW MUCH. It is possible that much of the HP to be claimed by exhaust manufacturers will come from elimination of the resonator... so how much HP on the dyno is nice to know. Not doubting you, but if you look at the performance difference from 15hp, the buttometer doesn't mean jack.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by globed70
I can imagine that there are some ponies to be gained... but without an actual before and after dyno the question is HOW MUCH. It is possible that much of the HP to be claimed by exhaust manufacturers will come from elimination of the resonator... so how much HP on the dyno is nice to know. Not doubting you, but if you look at the performance difference from 15hp, the buttometer doesn't mean jack.
My comments were not assumptions so if they came across that way I apologize. Exhaust restrictions on the V's is no secret and the gain from the x-pipe has been proved.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=x-pipe

Scroll down to the post from Nineball.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by globed70
I would have to say that much of the exhaust manufacturers claims is in fact from removing the x-pipe. I guess a confirmation to this is the claimed hp gains especially if it is around 20rwhp .
Old 07-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CaddyV
My comments were not assumptions so if they came across that way I apologize. Exhaust restrictions on the V's is no secret and the gain from the x-pipe has been proved.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=x-pipe

Scroll down to the post from Nineball.
No offense meant. I've seen the post, and the only thing I know to be true is a before and after dyno by an objective 3rd party. I hope it's true, as this is simple and cheap... and perhaps GM forgot the resonator when they dynoed at the flywheel

Quick Reply: X-Pipe Experience