Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Buyer Beware: PewterSS84 - James Roth aka Stacey Richardson aka Shawn Penny (GA)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buyer Beware: PewterSS84 - James Roth aka Stacey Richardson aka Shawn Penny (GA)

James Roth recently scammed me out of $350 for an LS6 intake manifold with coolant pipes and scammed rs99z28 out of $525 for a set of Jethot LT's with catted "Y" pipe **(https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/186316-looking-fast98ss350-shawn-penny.html). rs99z28 and I recently made a phone call to James to get our money back. He imediately denied knowing anything about this scamm, and went on to say he would pay us out of his own pocket because he "knows how it feels to be scammed". We gave him 4 days to come up with the funds to refund our money. He agreed. Four days later we called him back to see what progress he made and he tried to talk his way out of refunding our money. He even made this statement "my room mates sister is the Dougherty County DA" - WTF! - The DA of Dougherty County is a man by the name of Kenneth B. Hodges III. rs99z28 and I have filed reports with our local authorities, and the FBI. We have talked to the Albany Police and the Dougherty County Sherifs Department as well.

**The above link had two post by James prior to the phone calls we made to him. After we spoke with James, he proceded with his usual tactics of deleting his post to try and cover his tracks. The following are the post he deleted:

Post 1:

"I live in Baconton which is about 15 miles from Albany, and I am thru there everyday, my PO box is located in Albany. I know the business you are talking about, it has been closed for several years, I used to know the owners. None of them had the last name of Penny though. The building has been up forsale since 96', and its pretty much a land fill. I am guessing maybe he used it just for that reason? Did you get any other information on him? Cause I am sure there can't that many Shawn Penny's in Albany. I am a honest seller and I expect others to do the same so I don't mind paying a visit, if someone can get me some info."
Post 2:

"The former owner has passes, and the business is no longer running and hasn't been for a long time, the family is currently trying to sell it."
What ever that second one means...

rs99z28 and I have been in contact with 2 people in the Albany area that know James Roth and Shawn Penny. Appearantly, James is the brains of the outfit as his friend Shawn has been described as "slow in the head" and "would do anything for James".

I would caution anyone that plans to do internet transactions in SW GA (or anywhere for that matter) to research the person you are buying from. James Roth has the tendancy to post his location in various parts of SW GA including but not limited to Thomasville, Albany, & Baconton. James Roth has been scamming people on the internet for quite some time now. Please visit the following links and see for your self:

www.ls1.com - do a search for James Roth

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...ght=james+roth

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=8;t=003695

HE EVEN TRIED TO FAKE HIS OWN DEATH!!!!

http://www.gafba.com/forum_viewtopic.php?14.2333

You can check him out at WWW.S10FORUM.COM, WWW.LS2.COM, WWW.LS1.COM, WWW.GAFBA.COM, and various other sites in the WWW.

James has many aliases including but not limited to:

FAST98SS350
PEWTERSS (WWW.LS2.COM *** PEWTERSS ON LS1TECH.COM IS NOT JAMES ROTH.)
PEWTERSS84 (WWW.LS1TECH.COM)
SoSloSoLow
ULTRAZ28
UltraZ28SOM
MISTSHAMAN
SPIRITWALKER1984
STACEY RICHARDSON
JAMES RICHARDSON
STACEY J. RICHARDSON

Email Addresses:

ultraz28SOM@aol.com
z28ssecret@aol.com
sunsetz282000@yahoo.com
jdroth@techie.com
fastss@insurer.com
mistshaman@aol.com
fast98ss@email.com
swga1984@yahoo.com

This is his home address:
James Roth
1803 Lily Pond Road
Albany, Ga. 31721

Other addresses:
402 Flint AVE
Albany, GA 31706

PO Box 4714
Albany, GA 31706

Here is an excerpt from an email he sent to a potential customer:

"One more time, I am not trying to hide a damn thing, my address is none of your business only my business address is needed for sales. You have my full ******* name, and my cell number. If I was a ******* scammer I would not offer to ship the ******* injectors to your ******* first then you ******* pay me after you ******* get the ******* things. If I was a ******* scammer I would not have gave you my ******* number. Hell if I was a scammer I would not be selling items like this I would be posting prochargers up for ******* sale and ******* pocketing the ******* money. I don't have time for this ******* **** for real, its freaking me out. I have to deal with 30+ ******* emails a day, I have been trying to sell these ******* injectors for over 3 ******* weeks now. I sit down and say ok I send them to you then you pay me and you can't ******* handle that, you want to say scammer? What the **** is happening here? I am lost. I don't want a boyfreind all I want is for these 8 little plastic thingy's that pump ******* fuel to leave my desk, preferably to someone that will in return send me some ******* money. I am done now, I live on ******* pinewood ave. D3 (d for duplex) its a ******* subdivision. Do you need a urine sample as well? Maybe some stool? I can ship that along with the injectors if needed? Any semen? Ok now I'm done with my ran! t, no I don't feel better if your wondering. I just need to know where to send these things to, ya know what? I don't even care if you pay me for them anymoe I just want to stop the email tag b4 i sling my computer out the window. Thats right, free injectors! Address! Where to send!!!???!! ASAP They ship saturday! Tracking number comming your way! Have a nice day!"
Just so this email is not taken out of context, This is the question that was asked of James Roth before he sent his elaborate response:

"There you go trying to hide again James. If you can't tell me something as simple as who you are, you might as well be a scammer. 'Tons of people have sent M/O's and checks to my PO and no one has been ripped yet' Did you mean you are planning to "rip" somepeople or that you have before? How do I know the parts you are selling are not stolen? I guess now that you have stood me up twice and 'wasted my gas' by not answering your phone, and some of the things you've said in earlier emails, you can see why I want to know who I'm dealing with. Just tell me who you are and where you live and I'll do business with you."
Hardly the words of an *HONEST* businessman...

Last edited by Pimp_Nas_T; 08-04-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:12 PM
Teching In

As far as this goes I went over this with both of you on the phone, we agreed that I would get the information on shawn penny like both of you asked. Any moderators that would like any information on this including emails and anything else please email or PM me. If it was really me and not shawn penny, like I stated I am ready to goto court and proove you wrong. Other than that, my sales will continue as they always have.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:14 PM

WOW!!!!!!!! Guess I wont be buying the AC compressor.

Thanks man!
Old 07-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Also in the first phone conversation you have everything *** backwards, like I said if everything is all my fault then we take it to court otherwise you and your friend need to lay off of me. Would you like my lawyers number?
Old 07-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Teching In

How about we do this, since I am such a scammer and all around evil person, why don't you track down every person that has dealt with me PewterSS and PewterSS84 and see how many problems people have had from me? Like stated in the phone calls, I am a honest seller, everyone gets what they pay for, I had no part in your transaction with Shawn. You call me out of the blue wanting $875, again like said in the phone call you need to go after the person at fault. Which either your a complete idiot and just forgot you said you were going after him OR, a complete liar and just wanted to bully me into paying you back. You could not provide me any information I asked for like which bank it was chased at or anything, I asked for all the emails, I asked for alot of things, mainly just for proof that you did deal with him. I never got anything except rude emails and threats.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Also on a side note, if I am such a scammer, why do I do most of my sales in person or if someone is close to me I offer to meet up in person to handle the trade? Rather than shipping? All these answeres I am still looking for.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:01 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PewterSS84
How about we do this, since I am such a scammer and all around evil person, why don't you track down every person that has dealt with me PewterSS and PewterSS84 and see how many problems people have had from me?

I remember banning you from LS1.com. Remember this screen name?

LS1.com S/N UltraZ28SOM

James Roth
1803 Lily Pond Road
Albany, Ga. 31721

email addresses.
ultraz28SOM@aol.com
z28ssecret@aol.com
sunsetz282000@yahoo.com
jdroth@techie.com
Old 07-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Pimp_Nas_T is telling the truth. I had to go through this whole ordeal with him. You wouldn't believe how much stuff we found.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Funny thing guys, none of my sales have went anywhere, cause no one has had any problems with me. I guess it could be the fact I'm NOT a scammer? Geeee I wonder. Also another side note, if I'm such a scammer why do I offer COD? This is quite funny if you ask me.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Follow this link and scroll down to read the email that another potential customer received from this *HONEST* seller.

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...18#post1374918

Amazing isn't it?

Mr. Roth,
As soon as rs99z28 and I receive our refunds, we will be more than glad to post up that you did the right thing and sent our money back.

Andy
Old 07-29-2004, 08:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe you are a part-time scammer perhaps? Sometimes you do have real items to sell, sometimes you don't.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Teching In

Nine Ball - There is alot missing from this and alot of stuff has been changed around, if you would like to be filled in on it PM me.

Pimp_Nas_T - Like I said if everyting is all me lets goto court? I am ready, as well as my lawyer. I am not at fault so court about this is the leaste of my worries. Then its my turn to come after you. Remember you said on the phone you have FBI, CIA, and various other agencies, just waiting for your call to bust me. Funny thing is I have not seen them yet, no one has filed a complaint on me. You have not pressed charges, whihc you can't because you know this will not stand up in court because I had no part in it, you just want to bully me into refunding you 2 money, that will not happen today or anytime before or after hell freezing over. We never have dealt together, as far as I'm concered take it to court, or shut the hell up. Or why don't you actually post some proof that I am infact Shawn Penny, because last week you were trying to say he didn't exist.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Teching In

OK there are a few emaisl you are missing, like when I did not get the payment, I told you to cancel the M/O and send another so don't even try that.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I purchased a complete Monsoon system w/ the speakers/amp/cd player and a set of '98+ Honeycomb taillights off of him around Thanksgiving of 2002. Everything arrived other than a power antenna that I paid extra for. It really wasn't a big deal to me though, other than that everything went smooth.

Hopefully things are able to be made right.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Would be nice for this guy to come clean and just do the right thing...
Old 07-30-2004, 03:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

Any updates?

We hate scammers and don't want scammers on the board at all. If I catch folks scamming and they don't pay up I might start sending into to local law enforcement... makes me very mad.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Nothing yet PSJ... I just got off the phone with HPD, but I cannot discuss the details of that conversation on the board.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:52 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...18#post1374918

Now one of the email accounts looks like a Air Force address. It's not hard to get a direct number in the military perhaps I would pursue that and talk to the guy's commander.

We would be happy to ban whomever is committing the fraud here.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie

The following is an excerpt from an email sent to a potential customer on the ls2 board:

"...I will give you my complete info, and even my SSN number if you want..."
complete email: http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...threadid=89813

This is part of and email I received prior to sending my money:

"... I can however provide all of my contact info down to my SSN number..."
Coincidence? I think not...
Old 08-04-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Mr. Roth - Maybe this will jog your memory...

Author: Fast98SS350
Post time: 2004-05-24 10:01:06

Subject: Demodding car, plenty of parts.

Its official, I am trading my car for a GTO so I am demodding everything off of it since I already know the dealership isn\'t going to credit me for my mods. All items that are together please don\'t ask me to split them up, I will split them up in a week or so if they do not sell together as I have them listed, all prices are OBO and they are the SHIPPED price unless otherwise listed. I do not have a digital camera so I can\'t provide pictures. All items are available for local pick-up but the buyer will still pay the SHIPPED price. Buyers getting more than one item will get a drop in price, depending on how many items that buyer is getting. Email would be the best way to make offers or to claim items, that keeps everything in order and makes everything move rather fast. I do not have a paypal account, I handle everything thru certified money, money orders are prefered but check is FINE just on checks please allow time for it to clear the bank. I will not ship til it has cleared, if meeting in person I do not accept check or m/o\'s only cash unless you want to goto the bank with me to cash it, and I have your full contact information. Shipping is handled via UPS Ground, tracking numbers are provided the day after the item is shipped, unless shipped freight. FastSS@insurer.com

Brembo Front Disk Brakes - $2200.00 Shipped - Were on the car for 10k the pads are barely worn. INcludes rotors and everything.

Jet-Hot Headers with catted y-pipe - $600 Shipped - Were on the car for close to 23k, coating is still in great shape. These do come with reusable gaskets and 02 extensions.

Maganaflow Cat-Back - $275 Shipped - Went on at the same time as headers, still in great shape, tips have been polished evrytime car was washed.

GM LS6 Intake With Coolant Lines - $350 Shipped - Was on the car for 15k

SLP Ultra-Z Hood(black) - $775 Shipped(48 states ONLY) - Hood is black, has not dents or scratches or any damage, it hs to be freight shipped and the shipped price is as listed for the lower 48 states.

SLP Ultra-Z Spoiler - $300 Shipped - Spoiler is black in color, has no damage or scratches.

SLP 36lb Injector - $275 - These are brand new and never got installed, still in the original box.

NX Wet Kit + Extras - $600 Shipped - Kit and extras was used for 10 bottles, then was pulled off when the charger went on, it has been sitting for about a month, it includes purge, bottle heater, blanket, tube, all installation items, and instructions, and a remote bottle opener.

Induction Package - $375 Shipped - SSRA, SLP MAF, SLP Bellows, SLP Lid. All is perfect shape, were used for roughly 40k.

BBK 80mm Throttle Body - $300 Shipped - This went on the car with the induction so is in pretty much the same shape.

Vortech V-9 Trim System + Aftercooler - $4500 Shipped - Was on the car for 10k, includes EVERYTHING the kit comes with, I was going to save it for use on the GTO but they use a roots type blower. The kits does come with a boost gauge and the a-pillar. The kit is SATIN not polished. Serious Inqueries ONLY please.

Moser 12 Bolt - PENDING - I need a stock rear since I sold mine or I will have to trade this rear with the car, I don\'t really care what gears are in it, just as long as it is ABS/ASR and it will allow me to drive the car to the dealership.

Side note - I have a TON of aftermarket suspension parts but I don\'t have my stock ones anymore, so if someone wants to come by and swap over their stock suspension and rearend with me that would be great I would pay $1200 for the rear plus suspension. Also anyone with stock rims for a Z28 hit me up, I have a set of Z06\'s on my car now which I will trade for your stockers, plus cash.

Original Post: http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...hreadid=265034

I find it ironic that you would make this statement to one of your potential customers:
"Hell if I was a scammer I would not be selling items like this I would be posting prochargers up for ******* sale and ******* pocketing the ******* money."
And in the forsale add you posted when you were Fast98ss350 you happen to have:
"Vortech V-9 Trim System + Aftercooler - $4500 Shipped..."
Why would the guy you are trying to blame this on, who has been described as "slow in the head", "dumber than a box of rocks", "mildly retarded", and "willing to do anything James asked, even if it meant him getting in trouble", and this same guy drives a Dodge truck, be selling a collection of LS1 performance parts like this? You have addmitted to us that Pewter98SS350 is/was your username. You addmitted to us that Shawn is your friend. You addmitted to us that you allowed Shawn to use your computer, your username, and your address for this scam. And now you are trying to blame everything on Shawn and say you had nothing to do with it?

It's time to face the facts Mr. Roth - you scammed the wrong people this time. You have been caught and all you can say on your behalf is
"if I'm such a scammer..."
or resort to name calling
"Maybe you should inlude the thread link first so others can see my replies to your lies, oh wait forgot, your lacking up stairs, as well as your boyfriend.".

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware: PewterSS84 - James Roth aka Stacey Richardson aka Shawn Penny (GA)