Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

What is a Trans Am GT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a Trans Am GT?

I copied my answer out of another thread, because I thought people might be interested...

------------------------

Now to answer some real questions;

What is a TA-GT? Well, according to PMD, it's got a bunch of options they decided to "test out" on a TA in 94:
* It's got an "up-level spoiler" (good thing, cause I'm not too big a fan of the body-hugging one)
* 3.23 gears, stock.
* A nifty shift button, which downshifts sooner and holds the RPMs longer between shifts, as well as keeping the RPMs in the "sweet spot" during shifts. It sure makes your neck snap from 1st-to-2nd and can chirp from 2nd-to-3rd (guess I shoulda pushed the button on the vid, huh? )
* 150mph speedo. I haven't been in many 93-94's, but I've been told they recieved 115mph speedos. Any confirmation?
* Really nice leather seats that blow the crap out of the ones on my 99.

I think that's it. Either way, the 94 will be sold soon, 'cause it's giving me too many headaches. I've been converted to the LS1, hence the reason I even joined this forum... It's great that it's actually really active and everyone's pretty friendly (at least those who own a muscle car, at least).

Old 12-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Default What is a Trans Am GT?

I copied my answer out of another thread, because I thought people might be interested...

------------------------

Now to answer some real questions;

What is a TA-GT? Well, according to PMD, it's got a bunch of options they decided to "test out" on a TA in 94:
* It's got an "up-level spoiler" (good thing, cause I'm not too big a fan of the body-hugging one)
* 3.23 gears, stock.
* A nifty shift button, which downshifts sooner and holds the RPMs longer between shifts, as well as keeping the RPMs in the "sweet spot" during shifts. It sure makes your neck snap from 1st-to-2nd and can chirp from 2nd-to-3rd (guess I shoulda pushed the button on the vid, huh? )
* 150mph speedo. I haven't been in many 93-94's, but I've been told they recieved 115mph speedos. Any confirmation?
* Really nice leather seats that blow the crap out of the ones on my 99.

I think that's it. Either way, the 94 will be sold soon, 'cause it's giving me too many headaches. I've been converted to the LS1, hence the reason I even joined this forum... It's great that it's actually really active and everyone's pretty friendly (at least those who own a muscle car, at least).

BEFORE (circa 1999)

AFTER (circa 2003)
Old 01-07-2005, 06:40 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

No need to have two threads about the same thing, so I merged them together.

Nice car, and cool color!

Peace,
Craig.

Quick Reply: What is a Trans Am GT?