LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions
View Poll Results: do you think ARE/Autoworks will do anything to compensate ?
no
62.69%
maybe
5.97%
sometime in next lifetime
23.88%
told you so
7.46%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

do you think ARE/Autoworks will do anything to compensate ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default do you think ARE/Autoworks will do anything to compensate ?

story:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/351359-something-wrong-my-engine.html
Old 08-03-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe, but not likley. Sorry that your going through all this.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LET the WHOLE WORLD KNOW THE TRUE COLORS OF NICK AGOSTINO/ ARE/ Autoworx:
Originally posted by Nick Agostino
Well, well well, a ploe on if something will be done about this situation? Why not just ask me as I will giuve the answer with no ploe required. I have yet to recieve any correspondence on the situation, I don't know who you are talking with in the shop but nothing has ever got back to me except that the car was taken to another shop to get resolved ( that should have come from you!!).
Case and point; I specificaly asked if the car was going to another shop to get worked on and if so ( customer's choice) the "compensation" what ever that means would be no more. So there is the answer very clear.
Auto Worx ( new bus. started with new owners in 2005 )will stand behind any customer that has an issue with an engine and would have done the same here if the car had retured.
I know too long and no results while it was with us. Well that was the fault of the shop as a whole but in the end the decission made by the customer as I am sure ( I am assuming) that was the only way to go in his mind after what has taken place so far and from the rec. of friends and others.
A good lawer!! Agostino Morrison racing Engines is a company that went bakrupt and Nick Agostino paid for all the parts in this engine last year out of his pocket ( taken away from my family)to try and make things right the best we could. We had and still have no responsibility at all to do what we did and get an engine in the car and running last year.
The car goes to another shop that the customer will pay them to resolve issues ( not pay us ), slams us here and where ever he could and now wants compensation and possibly retain a lawer
I have always listened and done my best what ever that may have been but this ploe as a post is just out in left field and am concerned at what I see on this site the past few months. This sitiuation is not an isolated case ( trying to do the right thing and getting the shaft in the end) and for any that may have old issues ( Agostino Morrison Racing Engines) that need resolved take this case and others as what the answer will be.
Compensation? how about the $10,000 + I gave this project in good faith to a customer in a bad situation that I never recieved? Where is my money from old and all the new in the past recent months
You want to discuss this any further? you know my number. I will not sit back and take it in the XXX any more.
This post should be locked as there is no need for a ploe! BS
Old 08-03-2005, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

Eugenio_SS, i read the entire other post, im very sorry to hear all of this, i agree with some of the others, i would get a lawyer immediately.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:34 PM
9 Second Club

It was easy to vote after having read the answer to the question.

Yours is an unfortunate situation to be in Eugenio, I feel that you are left with no other recourse other than to begin some legal action. George was thread banned and his post was deleted for that suggestion which I don't understand.

Actually I don't even understand why the thread was closed. It was the only communication that you seem to have had with ARE/Autoworx since Frankie went to Montreal to discuss it with you. It didn't get out of hand and everybody was civil, although it had the potential to go down hill, it still had not as of the closure. Elmer was acting like he was trying his hardest to keep it open but to to me it seemed like he wanted it closed before any resolution could have been hashed out or at least the whole situation discussed properly.

It was a premature closure and a poor outcome!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF is a PLOE ?

I wouldnt let a guy work on my motor that doesnt know how to spell POLE
Old 08-03-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ATVracr
WTF is a PLOE ?

No Joke!!!

Not two correct sentences in the post.....
Old 08-03-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd get a lawyer, forget settling something out w/those guys. They screwed you once, why let them do it again.

Get a lawyer, and get what you're owed. Not just parts and labor, but money for wasting your time and etc...
Old 08-03-2005, 05:48 PM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Read your story, good luck getting "compensation". What made you go with ARE instead of LME, MTI, etc?
Old 08-03-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ATVracr
WTF is a PLOE ?

not to mention..isnt it a POLL?
Old 08-03-2005, 06:01 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by half-n-half
not to mention..isnt it a POLL?
Give that man a ceegar!
Old 08-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by denttech
It was easy to vote after having read the answer to the question.

Yours is an unfortunate situation to be in Eugenio, I feel that you are left with no other recourse other than to begin some legal action. George was thread banned and his post was deleted for that suggestion which I don't understand.

Actually I don't even understand why the thread was closed. It was the only communication that you seem to have had with ARE/Autoworx since Frankie went to Montreal to discuss it with you. It didn't get out of hand and everybody was civil, although it had the potential to go down hill, it still had not as of the closure. Elmer was acting like he was trying his hardest to keep it open but to to me it seemed like he wanted it closed before any resolution could have been hashed out or at least the whole situation discussed properly.

It was a premature closure and a poor outcome!

The legal information was removed as it was, in my judgment, a bit incendiary. I asked that if he wanted to provide legal suggestions that he send it via PM. I was attempting to hold down the "rabble rousing" and allow for a considered response from the sponsor. A simple "I'll phone you now" would have sufficed. I simply tried to get them to communicate. They could do it via any chosen medium such as phone, PM, e-mail, www.ls2.com, or in person.

After the response, I deemed it best to lock the thread and push the discussion off of the public purview and on to a private discussion.

I don't mind open discussion with a sponsor but "agitating remarks" from non-essential characters does not assist in the discussion. Those remarks detract and cause immediate animosity between the parties actually involved. I thread banned all who posted to "stir the issue" to a point where they could only read the thread and not post.

I'm not sure where to go with this subject other than lock the thread and keep the "stirring" off the LS2 board.

I have no "side" in this. This "issue" has been going on well before I got scheduled to be a customer, of sorts, from ARE. I understand that the engine that is assembled for me is due out the door this week at the latest. I'm trying not to allow either side to take advantage of customer/sponsor issues because I'm soon to be in the customer ranks.

I hear completely diametric stances on both shops involved. This one is bad. That one is bad. I have a good engine from this one. I have a good engine from that one. ****, I'm sure good products come out of both shops and I'm also sure that there may be problems. When does a "warranty" on a race engine run out? 1 autocross race? 2, 3 trips down the strip? As soon as you unwrap the packing paper? 6 Months 12 months? Hell, even the pros blow 'em up halfway down the 1/4 mile or even at the tree!

Sigh, it may be best if I simply back out of my extremely active role in the GLF forum and allow the moderators to take over to situate myself in a more neutral stance on any possible future situations.

As noted by my post count here, I would rather read than post. I would not have seen or read this post had there NOT been a thread placed in the LS2 GLF forum pointing my attention over here.

Elmer
Old 08-03-2005, 07:33 PM
9 Second Club

After seeing the way that things continued Elmer I feel that I was wrong and you were correct in closing the thread, sorry.

I guess you do become smarter with age afterall
Old 08-03-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Sigh, it may be best if I simply back out of my extremely active role in the GLF forum and allow the moderators to take over to situate myself in a more neutral stance on any possible future situations.

I think that would be a good idea Elmer. Right now things look bad for EVERYBODY involved. I am just glad I have no part in any of it...
Old 08-03-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

get a grip Dave... don't spin this around.
Stay w/ facts, something you have a hard time doing.
Since you mentionned Wade, well let's talk about that.
He was the reason I dealt w/ ARE since I was happy with previous work that was done on the car in the past... Where was Nick @ the time... never @ the shop.
When Wade left the shop, my car wasn't even in the shop to be worked @... so in NO WAY is Wade involved in this.
In early march 2004 when Wade left, the intake manifold and my nitrous kit was in the shop. Only after Nick took over and started making some "special deals" to several customers, with other customers parts that things got bad... like taking my nitrous DP-kit and put it in the C5 from Ottawa without my knowledge... I got to know of it because there were witnesses on when that car was picked up and tuned... and it's something that the shop and Nick accused straight out that Wade stole that system.
I've gone over this issue more than several times.
As for the engine, I didn't beat the crap out of it since I didn't have the car for almost the whole time.
Only raced twice this year and that's it.
The engine that YOU built, based on what you told me by emails last year, before you decided to abandon ARE-ship and decided to eventually go back, never made power off the bat. how can a 385 w/ supposedly stage 3 heads and a 242/248 .603/.610 111lsa only be able to make 420 rwhp ???
maybe because the heads aren't the ones I paid for ?
maybe because the builder (YOU) didn't put a double chain, like I paid for ?
how can one adjust timing on the cam with a stock single timing chain ?
The engine has only 6,000 miles which most of them are highway and 2 autox events.

Reality check Dave...
april 2004, I was told that the engine was built
so I get my car to ARE and gifted my stock engine to Len since he screwed his valvetrain.
now, should be easy to swap engines, no ????
Well... my engine isn't built... wft ???
then I get BS about bearings being BO... to which I checked w/ 2 different sources and weren't... BS again.
Then after several weeks of aggrevation and sponsors on my a$$, I'm told wrong pistons came in... BS again... someone is just buying time... meanwhile, I'm asking to be told the truth that I can handle it.
ffwd a bit... after the 6-7th promised date, Brian (POS-*******) started giving me a daily detailed description of how the engine was being assembled and put in the car... by friday, the engine was fully installed and ready to dyno.
that friday, some local friends were in town and checked the car... no F***n engine in the car and not even built... BS AGAIN... see any pattern ????

Then I get your emails that you built my engine and you leave shop.
No kidding, you did a POS job, as if you were a pissed worker that ain't get enough from the union.

Meanwhile, I had to refund $3000 of sponsorship due to not racing in 2004.
I got my car only in end of August, fyi, for the first time (w/ only 420rwhp)

2005 comes along and you guys are gonna take care of me, and lots of parts aren't still in, such as my nitrous kit. This year, the car went back to you guys 4 times, 2 times of which nothing was litteraly done in the car, and the smallest period of time was 2 weeks.

The second last time I went to pick it up, the dyno experience made the A/F max-out on the screen, even after adding 30% fuel, still maxing @ 18:1 A/F on most range... and Pete wouldn't let go of gas.. revving the engine... only since then did the car start smoking like a tchou-tchou train. Still only made 420rwhp. (this was the 3rd time that Nick had swore and given his own deadlines to complete the job).
bring the car home, go auto-x race, smoke coming from the engine bay.

I bring it back, tell you to check the engine, have a leakdown test... had the car for 4 full weeks. and YOU GUYS (ARE employees) told me that the leakdown was perfect, worse cylinder was under 10%... and the job was not completed... and was told that the nitrous kit was ordered on the 6th-june... I picked up the car on the 8-july.

I was getting fed-up of the empty promises, lies and BS and decided to have it checked by REAL professionals. My fears are confirmed... the engine leakdown is disastrous... and even before the results were out, you started protection your rear... mmmm fishy, don't you think ???? Well, never mind, you can't think.

Now, because I went public and had it checked to notice that I've been deliberately lied to all this time, the door to make things right is shut.
What part of not getting what I paid for do you NOT UNDERSTAND ?
I gave you guys so many chances to fix it, but you came around and told me all is OK... there is nothing else ARE/Autoworx can do for me, based on their competency...

Now that it's public, you send me PM with matching results of leakdown (mmm... fishy, no ????)
You just can't build ****... admit it... go get a new job @ McDonalds... and hopefully in a year, you'll be able to turn burgers, if your IQ permits... it's spelled burgers, not burgars... so you learn something today.

I gave you guys always the benefit of the doubt and always kept on hoping you guys would make things right... but I was WRONG... and hope that people learn from my mistakes not to trust you guys.

And now, you have the decency of trying to point fingers @ other people, and not be like an adult and start taking responsibility for your actions (or lack of thereof) nad word (fwiw).

YES, my car is @ Wade's shop, FTR (Full Throttle Racing Engines) which is your direct competitor... but then one starts asking questions on how come his business is really picking up and Autoworx isn't... simple, no BS, and word means something... and RESULTS are shown.
Also, why the heck is all the ARE/Autoworx screw up customers ending up at FTR with great results... is it because you guys are incompetents on the field... I guess the "what used to be ARE knowledge" is @ FTR... and I'm following the wave to get results... since you guys can't deliver and basically told me that several times, making the owner lose $, myself, and I don't get what I paid for...

Bottom line, you robbed me of my parts, and did not give me what I paid for, regardless if I got it checked elsewhere or not... and THAT is the modo ARE/Autoworx abide to

And if you really want to know why ARE went out of business... go ask Nick the saint where did the $ he sucked out of the business to build his mansion go ?
You wanna see pix of it ??? meanwile, customers weren't getting work done on the cars, parts were being shuvled around, and employees weren't getting paid... and as your modo goes, not talking responsibilities, you just simply prophetise pointing fingers and beating a dead-horse that can't defend himself.
But look around you (if you can think), if Wade was the reason, how come the employees of ARE/Autoworx keep on dropping like flies and there doesn't seem to have any more $ for employess AGAIN... looks like Nick might be pulling another one on you guys... maybe a townhouse, this time ?
if Wade was really the problem, how come he's still building fast cars and ARE isn't ?
how come most of your cars die on the 1st events, including your raceflag Vette ?

Dave, stfu, and get your facts straight.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLED28
you can call me a liar or anything for that matter andre because i'm used to it now from you for the past 3 months!!! LOL
and he's not the only one calling you a liar... maybe there is a reason behind it... have you thought on the common denominator approach ? is it too much to ask of you ?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

your a dick Andre, sorry but the entire TFM club has told me in person or in emails. Even guys from your own camp!! LOL
you gotta love point fingers and not take responsibility for actions... grow up, or your daddy's gonna spank you... I thought you were no longer in 2nd grade.
And what image do I have based on everyone on the forums, locally and non-locally... as for you, you have a reputation of being a liar, and not able to build engines, and not man enough to take responsibility... there you go, I said it, happy !
Old 08-03-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Another thing is why doesn't anybody go after wade for compensation, for example, Wade sold Roofer Dave a piece of **** C5R motor, and Nick and the 'company' had to eat it. He also fucked dentech, eugenio and many man many others
explain me how Wade fucked me up, will yah, since you seem to be allmighty and enlightened, but not able to get facts straight, nor engines... the engine YOU built was tapered, remember ?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Another thing is why doesn't anybody go after wade for compensation, for example, Wade sold Roofer Dave a piece of **** C5R motor, and Nick and the 'company' had to eat it. He also fucked dentech, eugenio and many man many others
so answer me this:
Why did you go see Wade to get a job and got laughed at the face and turned down... then turned around and went back to ARE/Autoworx to work, where you had left the place for some reason...
Old 08-03-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
The legal information was removed as it was, in my judgment, a bit incendiary. I asked that if he wanted to provide legal suggestions that he send it via PM. I was attempting to hold down the "rabble rousing" and allow for a considered response from the sponsor. A simple "I'll phone you now" would have sufficed. I simply tried to get them to communicate. They could do it via any chosen medium such as phone, PM, e-mail, www.ls2.com, or in person.

After the response, I deemed it best to lock the thread and push the discussion off of the public purview and on to a private discussion.

I don't mind open discussion with a sponsor but "agitating remarks" from non-essential characters does not assist in the discussion. Those remarks detract and cause immediate animosity between the parties actually involved. I thread banned all who posted to "stir the issue" to a point where they could only read the thread and not post.

I'm not sure where to go with this subject other than lock the thread and keep the "stirring" off the LS2 board.

I have no "side" in this. This "issue" has been going on well before I got scheduled to be a customer, of sorts, from ARE. I understand that the engine that is assembled for me is due out the door this week at the latest. I'm trying not to allow either side to take advantage of customer/sponsor issues because I'm soon to be in the customer ranks.

I hear completely diametric stances on both shops involved. This one is bad. That one is bad. I have a good engine from this one. I have a good engine from that one. ****, I'm sure good products come out of both shops and I'm also sure that there may be problems. When does a "warranty" on a race engine run out? 1 autocross race? 2, 3 trips down the strip? As soon as you unwrap the packing paper? 6 Months 12 months? Hell, even the pros blow 'em up halfway down the 1/4 mile or even at the tree!

As noted by my post count here, I would rather read than post. I would not have seen or read this post had there NOT been a thread placed in the LS2 GLF forum pointing my attention over here.

Elmer
Thanks for your cool blood in this ordeal, Elmer... I appreciate it.
I've been trying to stay to facts and get things resolved, but as with everything else in the past 1.5 years, I'm not deemed important to be taken care of... I sincerely hope you get what you pay for and that you are happy with it.
I'm not a believer of war, and very patient/pacifist, but comes a point where one has to draw the line on being simply bs-ed and not taken care of as a customer.
I decided to go elsewhere... I'll pay for that... I should at least get what is rightfully mine (parts), including the ones I had shipped to the shop.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vmax1500
How the heck could Nick possibly claim to not know about Eugenio's situation?!?! To date, he has yet to pick up the phone and call Eugenio while Eugenio has tried reaching him for several weeks. I really get the impression that Frankie is trying to help do the right thing, he drove down to Montreal right after it was discovered that Eugenio's motor was toast... but based on Nick's pathetic comments today and don't think there is much hope left for Eugenio
indeed, I left messages on his cell, @ his office (which isn't Autoworx) and never got a call back.
I even gave him the chance (4 times) this year to come up with his own deadlines... and he missed all 4... and then I'm told the engine is fine when it looks like this: http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/temp/Eugenio/hurt385.wmv
don't freaking come and tell me I didn't try to let you guys fix the problem.... another
1 more, 1 less, no difference.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wade tell these guys to shup up or both places will go down trust me!
feeling cornered and trying to balckmail competitors... that's really low and show your true colors.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:30 PM
FormerVendor

I just talked to Wade, quite a sparkling conversation ! I am calmed down so is he, both our camps will be on cease fire. I will be awaiting some paperwork from wade though.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Thanks for pulling off the post boys... Eugenio you could call me anything I don't care anymore, and it will not get you any further ahead. Besides that post is too long to read, make them short and sweet would ya!

I think they were simply finished with ya ..... Wacko .. have you checked the poll lately ... no believers here
Old 08-03-2005, 09:18 PM
9 Second Club

It was sweet, and well put.

Quick Reply: do you think ARE/Autoworks will do anything to compensate ?