Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

FS: 99 Gunmetal Metallic Camaro SS - heads/cam, cheap

Old 09-21-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: 99 Gunmetal Metallic Camaro SS - heads/cam, cheap

I think it's time for me to move on to something a bit more refined. A few things up front: The car is a 1999 Camaro SS hardtop, verified original with SLP. It is a theft recovery (salvage title) and was color-changed from hugger orange to custom Gunmetal Metallic. Doorjambs were done along with most underhood areas, etc. I had a minor incident with a guardrail earlier this year, but the car has been meticulously repaired, it was all cosmetic damage. The work was done by Berjam Auto Creations out near Tamiami Airport, their quality is excellent. Additionally, all their work carries a 5 year warranty. The frame is straight and the car runs like a champ. It has 83k miles on it, I have owned it since 59k.

Heads are Bo White 5.3's milled .020, cam is FMS F13 112+2. PRC dual valvesprings. Grotyohann LT headers, QTP dual cutout ORY, Hooker catback, MTI lid, ASP pulley, Jantzer TB, FTRA, SLP line lock. Tuned by Gomer, numbers and times in sig, obviously room for improvement but I'm scared to push it on the stock rear.

Tranmission was fully rebuilt by ManTrans in Tallahassee, FL. Steel 3-4 fork, newer CF synchros, etc. Shifts perfectly, rarely powershifted, and I never grind gears. Clutch is a Spec Stage 3 x-pad, grips hard in 1-3 but is slipping in higher gears. Typical Spec and can probably be fixed with only a disk change. Really not that big of an deal in the scheme of things. I would feel comfortable driving this car 1000 miles non stop right now. Hydraulics have been upgraded to the newest units and the drill mod has been performed.

The rear end is 3-channel (car has no TCS) and has a brand new SLP take-out Torsen diff and Motive 4.10 gears. There is noticeable whine at higher speeds but I daily drive the car and it's very bearable.

Suspension consists of BMR STB, DMS springs, BMR boxed LCA's, BMR LCA relo brackets, Hotchkis adjustable PHR, and BMR boxed subframes.

Interior: Gray leather TA seats in excellent condition, no bad wear spots on bolsters. Rear seat delete kit. Pro5.0 shifter, SLP ****. Harlan shift light (red) in pillar. White LEDs in the cluster (looks very nice.) SLP SS floormats. Monsoon sound system, RogueLeader front door speaker mod with Alpine 6.5's.

Exterior: Black halo headlights. Clear corners, recently sealed and not currently installed but included. Chrome Z06 wheels with very minor rash, 18x9.5 rear, 17x8 fronts with custom billet front spacers. Rear tires are 275/35/18 Yokohama AVS DBs2 with decent tread. Fronts are Nitto Extreme ZR 245/45/17 and will need replacing but are fine for a while. 245/45 tires are cheap anyway.

Let me assure you that this car is my baby. I have put countless hours of blood and sweat (and maybe a few tears) into making it beautiful. I am **** retentive and obsessive compulsive about my possessions to a fault. However, please be aware that the car is not perfect. It looks damn good, but the car is almost 7 years old and as such has its minor flaws. Since I am probably more **** than you, and to avoid nitpickers, here is a list of things I feel are "wrong" with the car:

- Clutch slipping in higher gears
- Small crack in top middle of passenger door skin
- 2 tiny bubbles in paint on side of roof above d/s
- Fitment of replacement hood (ASCD) is very, very slightly off when examined from a certain angle (looks fine, see pics)
- Assorted rattles and squeaks (don't we all have these) that I don't have the time to track down and fix
- Fuel level gauge works sporadically (99% sure it's just the sender)
- Assorted dents in exhaust and primaries from horrible Tallahassee and Miami roads (nothing that impairs performance, just a FYI and a fact of life for lowered cars)
- Rear hatch has no defrost and needs new exterior rubber stripping (cosmetic only, no leaks or anything like that, ~$60 from GMPartsDirect)

I am trying to be as honest as possible about the condition of the car. I do NOT want a buyer coming here and then being upset with the description, or picking over little details. The price is extremely reasonable for a reason. Please note that nothing in this list affects performance and reliability with the possible exception of the clutch, which can be fixed cheap especially if you do your own work. I am losing my *** on this but I need the car gone.

Fast, cheap, reliable... usually the saying goes "pick two" ... here, you get all 3.

Some recent pics:

Not looking for any trades at this time. I just moved into a new apt with my girlfriend and I'm saving for a ring, so it's time to cut costs. I have $18k+ easily in the car.

Asking $11500 OBO. I feel this is a very fair price. Please feel free to reply, PM, or email (jonlawrence AT gmail DOT com) with questions, offers, etc.

Last edited by jlaw; 11-02-2005 at 03:52 PM. Reason: price change
Old 09-23-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

to the top
Old 09-24-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Resident

I just wanted to say that is the most absolutley the most beautiful f-body I have ever seen. The color looks amazing. I am selling my lt1 to get an ls1 for reasons like this. You can't beat the looks of your car!! I assume your car wouldn't make too good of a daily driver..?
Old 09-24-2005, 02:34 AM
TECH Resident

Sorry for the grammar, (a little tired) but I do mean it about that car it looks gorgeous.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the complments

I drive it daily with no problems. Cold AC, no bucking, clutch isn't bad on the street. The 4.10's make it nice.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Launching!

argh you color changed it from hugger orange?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Sounds like a great deal. BEAUTIFUL car. I am hoping to do the same color to my TA somewhere along the line. TTT
Old 11-02-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

Bump with major price reduction. $11.5k
Old 11-02-2005, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

damn thats an awesome deal. Is there anywhere on the car where you can still see the old paint?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn if i could get rid of this lt-1 car a quick trip to miami would be in order....
Old 11-02-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. The color change is almost 100%. Exterior was totally done, including the insides of the mirrors. Orange remains underneath the carpeting where the rear seats mount (hidden by the delete kit obviously) and in other areas covered by carpet or plastics, such as in the hatch area. The engine bay was partially painted, but you can see some orange further back since a total change there is impossible with the motor in the car. Other than that, you'd be hard pressed to tell the car was orange just looking at it from the outside.

Second, I know I had been in contact with a few interested parties when I first posted this thread. With moving to a new apartment, starting a new job, and then the hurricane, I have been so busy and preoccupied that I have been lax in my prior responses, and for that I apologize. If still interested, kindly contact me and I will pick up where we left off.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

how many miles are on it and how soon are you looking to sell since I love the car and everything but i cant buy right now
Old 11-02-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

83k, ASAP
Old 11-06-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry your sellin it, its a cool ride indeed . Pix of the heads are in a thread Jlaw started in the dyno section so just search under his name. They are described in more detail there. Good luck to you Jon
Old 11-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Have anymore pics of the car? Please send to AlienInv8r@comcast.net

Gunmetal grey looks awesome, not that I'm biased. That looks very similar to my car, would be funny to buy it and not tell anyone.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Regular

ttt, price reduction to $10.5k

Alien, sorry for not replying, ls1tech isn't emailing me even though I'm subscribed. Please PM or email if interested.

Search this Thread