Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think my dad is going to get one for my mom. They are pimp
Old 11-29-2005, 12:18 AM
12 Second Club

the local Chevy dealership has had one for about a week. I went up there today after work and got to check it out. A buyer from Florida had already put down a downpayment through his credit card, but they still let me pop the hood, sit in it, crank it up and even encouraged me to rev it up

This vehicle is a DRAMATIC improvement over my sister's 2001 TB eventhough both are black. I got in and it was very much like getting in my dad's 2005 Corvette. The quality of the interior components is worlds better. The leather and suede seats are pimp and very comfortable for my fat ***. Too bad the back seats don't have suede. The touch screen Navigation/Stereo system is awesome. The exhaust note on start up is just like the Vette. On the outside, the big chrome wheels, trim and roof rack delete, the new front end with the dark tinted windows just looks mean.

I just wish I could've gotten a chance to test drive it to see how well the AWD hooks up. My sister's 4.2L RWD TB doesn't have a problem spinning the tires if you want. I couldn't imagine trying to get another 125hp and even more torque to hook.

If GM is smart enough to put the 6L80E in the 07s, or if rumors come out that a Chevy (SIlverado/Tahoe SS?) will get the L92 soon, then I will just have to find a way to get one of these I can't think of another 400hp/400tq vehicle that has a tow rating high enough to pull my 96 impala SS.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

I ordered one a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting for it to come. I got every option, but its a 2wd. I got it in Superior Blue Metallic......haven't seen the color in person, but I hope its similar to what the SS pickup blue was.....

Ludi, where did you pick up that air filter, and do you have a PN for it?

Also, was there any little suprise hurdles when installing?

Thanks

Last edited by BIGBOS; 11-29-2005 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
In stock form, the 2WD is quicker, but put about 500 hp under the hood and the AWD will be quicker due to traction. Look at Parish's fullsize GM truck that went 10s on factory radial tires. It was due to AWD traction, it would have been impossible to run 10s on stock radials with a 2WD at that power level.

Traction is key, look at how well WRX Subies do, those cars would be dogs if they were only front-drive.
I disagree, I think the AWD would be faster due to a better launch. Good luck hooking up with the traction control off. the weight difference is only about 200 lbs. w/400/400 that xtra weight might not be that noticeable.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the thing with my 5.3L short wheelbase Rainieer is that the AWD system REALLY hooks up. BUT the torque management in the truck is HORRIBLE!!!!! on the WOT shifts it falls flat on it's face.

Hey, and for those of you guys searching for the vehicle. Since I used to be a GMBuypower manager, they don't always list the options. What I mean is, after you pick out trailblazer, 2wd or 4wd, you'll get te option of the LS or LT and the different packages. Because the SS is an OPTION, not a package level like it is on the Impala's, Cobalt's, and Monte Carlo's, you have to pick the desired package level, and then search through those vehicles listed. On the page that lists all the vehicles, it lists engine size as a 4.2L OR THE 6.0L. So what I'm saying is, until you ACTUALLY get to the point of seeing the window sticker of the vehicle on GMBuypower, no where will it say it's an SS Trailblazer. Hope you guys understand me

and guys, please include zip if you PM me asking for a locate, helps out a TON more

and if you are building one and know the VIN # it's gonna be, i might be able to see what stage in the build process it is
Old 11-29-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIGBOS
I ordered one a few weeks ago. I'm still waiting for it to come. I got every option, but its a 2wd. I got it in Superior Blue Metallic......haven't seen the color in person, but I hope its similar to what the SS pickup blue was.....

Thanks
You might want to so find a 05-06 regular Trailblazer or 06 Impala in that color to make sure you like it. It is quite a bit different from Arrival Blue that was on the Silverado.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIGBOS

Thanks
Thank all stock I wanted to see where i stood when upgrading .

Just saw a blue yesterday and like it alot more upscale then bright if you know what i meen
Old 11-29-2005, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
the thing with my 5.3L short wheelbase Rainieer is that the AWD system REALLY hooks up. BUT the torque management in the truck is HORRIBLE!!!!! on the WOT shifts it falls flat on it's face.

Hey, and for those of you guys searching for the vehicle. Since I used to be a GMBuypower manager, they don't always list the options. What I mean is, after you pick out trailblazer, 2wd or 4wd, you'll get te option of the LS or LT and the different packages. Because the SS is an OPTION, not a package level like it is on the Impala's, Cobalt's, and Monte Carlo's, you have to pick the desired package level, and then search through those vehicles listed. On the page that lists all the vehicles, it lists engine size as a 4.2L OR THE 6.0L. So what I'm saying is, until you ACTUALLY get to the point of seeing the window sticker of the vehicle on GMBuypower, no where will it say it's an SS Trailblazer. Hope you guys understand me

and guys, please include zip if you PM me asking for a locate, helps out a TON more

and if you are building one and know the VIN # it's gonna be, i might be able to see what stage in the build process it is
I went crazy yesterday trying to build one on GMbuypower....I did finally find the SS option....then I had to go back for some reason and I couldn't remember how to get back to it, LOL...I was just trying to see if there was one locally I could look at....
Old 11-29-2005, 01:42 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I drove the Saab 9-7x with the 5.3 and it was pretty quick for a vehicle it's size. The Saab has full time AWD so spinning the tires was never an issue.

Unfortunately, we went with the 4.2I because my wife wasn't interested in the added power. She felt the 4.2I had enough for her, plus the only 5.3 we found was in blue and she wanted black. I can only imagine how it would drive with the 6L.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can't find any in my area. I'm in 15003 and looking for a blue or silver AWD. Let me know if you find any.

billlockhart@totalequipment.com or lockhartb@comcast.net

Thanks,

Bill
Old 12-01-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sent a PM to you. found a couple, but far away
Old 12-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a Silverstone 6.0L in the shop now getting a Maggie and head & cam package. Should be a runner next week.
I can't wait to see how that thing pulls!, should be a rocket for sure.

I'll post a new thread when we have some final details.

Ed
Old 12-03-2005, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey, I thought these were to get dual exhaust. What gives?

Old 12-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

I got one coming in on the 20th ... black on black fully loaded but with 2wd. It is for the wife, so I wont be able to do much to it anyway. As for AWD, I would preferred to have it, but the SS's are so difficult to obtain as it is, and I already had to talk her into the SS versus a standard trailblazer.

I do like the AWD, but there are very many very fast cars out there that absolutely jump out of the hole without the aid of AWD. It is not going to be street raced so if traction at the strip is paramount, then I will bolt on a set of slicks or drag radials.

I didnt want to buy one to race ... I bought it to provide my wife with a very powerful, luxurious SUV that will hold its value for a much longer period of time than any other SUV out there.

Now that that's said, I believe the frames between the AWD/4WD are the same as the 2WD frame, and the only thing needed are some stub axles, front axle, front driveshaft and transfer case (all factory parts) ... HMMMMM ...

Last edited by hangslo; 12-03-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

if you have problems hooking up in 2wd just add some better tires. If youre at the track you could even bring along some extra wheels with drag raidals to blot up when you get there and put the sock ones back on when you street driving. i would'nt get Awd unless you will be offroading.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
Hey, I thought these were to get dual exhaust. What gives?

Dual exhaust didn't pass the rear-impact requirements, plus the gastank intrudes. So, single it is.

Last edited by 02RedHawk; 12-05-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed Potter @ LPE
We have a Silverstone 6.0L in the shop now getting a Maggie and head & cam package. Should be a runner next week.
I can't wait to see how that thing pulls!, should be a rocket for sure.

I'll post a new thread when we have some final details.

Ed

Oh, awesome! Is there a Mag-kit that will bolt on already (given the TB engine-environment, clearances, etc), or is this somewhat of a custom-job (one-of-a-kind fabbed parts)?
Old 12-05-2005, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

I just saw a Silverstone 2WD SS last night....For an SUV it was gorgeous!!
Old 12-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

Those look very nice. I like it.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hangslo
I bought it to provide my wife with a very powerful, luxurious SUV that will hold its value for a much longer period of time than any other SUV out there.
Might want to consider Cadillac SRX, more luxury and refinement if your budget allows another 7K.

Quick Reply: LS2 SS Trailblazer Dyno Yet?