Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Emoney97ss... Eric Winston, Norwalk CA (Resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thumbs down Emoney97ss... Eric Winston, Norwalk CA (Resolved)

I bought a set of "Chrome GM ZR1s" with "some wear"....he explained that they had no curb rash and that one wheel had about an inch of chrome chipped off the edge. No big deal....

Well, 2 of the rims are bent like they were run straight into a curb...he made no mention of this. Chrome is peeling/chipping on 3 of them.

Two are usable. Also, they still retain the GM logo and all original Chrome GM ZR1s I have seen do not have the logo so that the chrome will stick. My factory SLP Chrome ones have a small grinder mark where the GM logo once was. These look like someone took silver ones and had them chromed.

I have sent him a PM and an email, I've even tried calling him right after I opened the boxes and have yet to receive a reply.

I have 2 addresses and 2 phone numbers either for himself or a relative (who I believe shipped them for him).

I suggest to stay away. If anything changes I'll update this depending on what conclusion he and I can come to.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:13 PM
12 Second Club

First pic is the two bent rims edge to edge...notice the bottom rim edges are together, the tops are bent that far apart....

Second pic is the worst of the 2 bent ones...
Attached Thumbnails Emoney97ss... Eric Winston, Norwalk CA (Resolved)-mikes-019.jpg   Emoney97ss... Eric Winston, Norwalk CA (Resolved)-mikes-018.jpg  
Old 01-25-2006, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

Well it's been 24 hours with no reply from him. I've left messages, emails, and PMs.

Edit...just talked to his father. I hope we can work this out.

Last edited by 99ssleeper; 01-25-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Garbage.... You have is return mailing address right??? Pay him a visit, or tell someone on the board what town he's from... Might get somewhere that way!
Old 01-26-2006, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

Well...it's been 36 hours since I talked to his father and I haven't received a call back (he said he'd call right back after he talked to his son...he left him a voicemail when I was on the phone with him). What am I supposed to do? I have not lost my temper in any messages or any of the times I called...yet I get no reply to any emails or PMs. Emoney97ss has stopped coming on the board after he read my PM asking him to please call me (I requested a read reciept). Wierd, because he was easy to reach before he sent the wheels out...

His and his dad are both named Eric and they are only about 40 miles from each other.

Here's where I sent the money order:

Eric Winston
---------
Norwalk, CA 90650
phone: --------

Here is where the wheels were sent from (parents):

Eric Winston
---------
Barstow, CA 92311
phone: --------

His father told me he knew they were bent when he shipped them. However, there seems to be a miscommunication between him and his son about what his son told me. His father says he was assured I was told about the damage. I was told about the chipping, but not that any were bent.

His dad was positive the ad said they were bent, but check it out...theres nothing about that in there. I even went back through all my emails and there is NOTHING about it in there either. He also told me theres "no way my son would have said he had the wheels for two years"....but again, look at the ad...it says two years right there.

I hope they are happy. I even included $10 extra to help pay for gas since the kid told me he had to drive 40 miles to get them shipped...so...being the nice guy I am...I figured he was going out of his way for me, so I would do the same for him.

And this is the payback.

edit: removed contact info, but i have it available upon request if anyone else has the same luck. thanks.

Last edited by 99ssleeper; 02-12-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Eric says he will refund 1/2, but at this point, I'll believe it when I see it.

I hope he is being honest.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:25 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any progress?

His dad was positive the ad said they were bent, but check it out...theres nothing about that in there.
It's a good idea to post a link to the original sale thread.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, I'm pissed just looking at those pics and I didn't even pay for them. I hope you get your refund.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

No update yet. Havent heard anything from Eric or his dad.

BTW, here's the LINK.

He was easy to deal with up to this point. Always returned messages and emails...even picked up his phone.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:40 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You bought from one of those asses who posts a thread in the wrong forum because they don't meet the requirements to be allowed to sell yet!? If any of the staff had caught it before it was too late, it would have been immediately removed.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

He says he is refunding 1/2, which is fine with me...we'll see what happens. I bought them since they sounded alright from the 20 or so emails I sent about them.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Currently resolved. Half of the cost of the wheels was refunded (shipping not included).

Overall I am satisfied with the outcome, but not answering the phone, email, or PM messages was very frustrating. Too bad I couldnt have used the wheels.

My suggestion is to ask about everything, pictures still hide problems.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:29 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad to hear that it got resolved for you Mike. I sold a set of chrome ZR1's about two years ago and they were in great condition, but had some minor surface 'swirl' marks in the chrome and I was 100% honest about them. I ended up selling them for $450 if I remember correctly.

What you got was 4 rims, with only two being usable. That's pretty shady.

FYI, Mike bought my QTP offroad ypipe and the entire transaction was smooth and Mike was great to deal with.

Quick Reply: Emoney97ss... Eric Winston, Norwalk CA (Resolved)