Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you think camaro lt will fit in a fox body?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do you think camaro lt will fit in a fox body?

I wonder if camaro lt will fit in the fox body with the ls1?
Old 02-26-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM brains, he's got the fox body header situation all worked out.
olly
Old 02-26-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Better yet, why not just have a look around this forum, there's SEVERAL LS1 Mustang header threads... I don't need people PM'ing me when the topic has already been covered.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know people have used mustang headers with ls1 flanges. In the camaro the headers are pretty close to the block. So I was wondering if anyone tried to set the camaro lt in the mustang.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brains
Better yet, why not just have a look around this forum, there's SEVERAL LS1 Mustang header threads... I don't need people PM'ing me when the topic has already been covered.
Sorry brains, next time i'll link to a thread. Didnt even consider that I might be inconviencing the busiest person on the site. I just thought Ls1 Fox Body = brains.
olly

Z- 302 mustang headers can have the flanges cut off, and re-welded with LS1 flanges.

here's a post with some other useful info.. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=mustang

Last edited by 67RSCamaroVette; 02-26-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While there are several threads, none address directly that I could find the question of whether or not an f-bod header will work. Yes Brains has worked out how to make a specific set of 1 5/8" headers fit; but what about 1 3/4"? What about other brands besides the one he used? I've worked on mustangs long enough to know that different companies parts can vary widely. We're not turbocharging our swaps...therefore a cheap set of modded headers isn't really the solution for us. I think that Z was fishing for other responses from other users, in hopes that maybe someone else had something to contribute?

As far as 302 headers working, I've actually now heard that 351w headers work better, but I'm having trouble nailing down anyone who's actually done it, and dropping a few hundred bucks to hack up something that might not work isn't really a good plan for me.

Anyway thanks for the links...maybe this little bump will give someone else a chance to see it!
Old 02-28-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

the fbody headers will fit, but i had to cut and weld a plate in so stearing shaft cleared. if interested ill sell them for $50

dave

Quick Reply: Do you think camaro lt will fit in a fox body?