Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Compiled Sail Panel information

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compiled Sail Panel information

Being the sticky is 30+ pages long and Lawman wanted a post with the info on it, I'll go ahead and bite the bullet

Original PDF file for the TSB

This is the Service Bullit that'll help you if you havent gotten this resolved. I say help being there's some confusion floating around on this subject. Just because there's a TSB on this, doesnt mean its a recall or that GM automatically will resolve the problem free of charge. Its mainly to enlighten the dealer of a problem, and how to fix it.

On top of the TSB, the following are contact telephone #s to discuss this with a Customer Relations manager. While doing this, if you happen to mention the site Im sure the admins would appreciate it if you werent a douchebag. Try to be civil as possible, and keep your cool. Most of us have had bad experiences with CR people or dealerships in the past so we know how most of these places work.

Chevrolet - 1-800-222-1020 for US
1-800-263-3777 for Canada

Pontiac - 1-800-762-2737 for US
1-800-263-3777 for Canada

Pontiac' site says their Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time. And when you call you should have the following information handy -

Your name, address, and home and daytime telephone numbers
Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), which can be found on your registration
Dealership name and location
Vehicle delivery date and current mileage
Nature of your concern

Also the following are links to Chevrolet and Pontiac "Contact Us" pages with email links/pages and also the telephone #s in case I may have transfered them wrong.

Chevrolet
Pontiac

Im sure the mods would probably agree too, that if you've had a good experience at a dealership and they fixed all this - post up their information. Now if you have a gripe or bad experience with a dealer, keep the bashing to a minimum. This is designed to be a helpful thread so no-one has to filter it to find this information.

Hope this helps, and good luck if you're having this problem. Im not immune to this, being Im starting to notice pin sized bubbles on my panel now. So I'll give my experience up as soon as I can get the time to talk with the SM and Body Shop managers at Chevrolet of Goldsboro.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Added this info to the "Hall of Fame" at the top of the forum. Thanks for compiling it!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Ling, for taking the time and getting it done!

Thanks, Tony, for adding it to the Hall of Fame...I "unstuck" the other one...

Quick Reply: Compiled Sail Panel information