Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Corsa catback or Magnaflow catback
Corsa
52.74%
Magnaflow
47.26%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Corsa vs. Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa vs. Magnaflow

Well I have narrowed it down to too catbacks. I know their is a price difference but I am wondering which one would be best. By the way my car is bone stock.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is hard to say...

corsa's has its own VERY unique tone and no other catback produces. it's probably a little louder than the magnaflow. the tips look 10,000 times better. it's also flows very well.

however, magnaflow is a lot cheaper, it's stainless steel (i'm not sure if corsa is?) and it flows very well too. it's quiet though and can get raspy, especially with longtubes.

if money was no object i'd go corsa because it looks better and sounds unique.

however, if i were to spend all that money on corsa i'd get a gmmg instead.

i'd tell you to go SLP dual/dual because IMO it's the best tone out there (very mustang-like), the tips are nice (looks great on a TA), plus it flows great, it's stainless steel (mine looks brand new after 5 years), has no rasp and it's the ultimate sleeper car exhaust (totally quiet cruising and nice and loud at WOT).

i know, i'm no help. i'm not even gonna vote on the poll because i honestly don't know which route to go i hope i didn't screw you up too bad
Old 05-30-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

well if money is no object corsa would most likely be everyones choice with the premium tips. but you could also get the magnaflow and throw in a lid of some kind, and maybe a few other mods for the price of corsa. good luck.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

choco, Corsa is all stainless steel. Is gmmg really all that great? I have never heard it and I can't tell much from online clips. I really didn't want to spend over what the magnaflow cost but then I decided if I was gonna spend 450ish I might as well just save up for like another week and get corsa if it was better.

EDIT: Does the Corsa have a nice deep rumble at idle?

Last edited by 02trns_am; 05-30-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:15 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Go with the Magnaflow.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both are very good. i hear magnaflow is pretty quiet stock and even with longtubes its just a tad bit louder. corsa is pretty loud. i heard a TA at the track that was loud as ***** going down the 1/4 mile and i saw under his car he was running corsa. i dont know if he had a cut out. but it was loud. id say go corsa..
Old 05-31-2006, 07:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02trns_am
choco, Corsa is all stainless steel. Is gmmg really all that great? I have never heard it and I can't tell much from online clips. I really didn't want to spend over what the magnaflow cost but then I decided if I was gonna spend 450ish I might as well just save up for like another week and get corsa if it was better.

EDIT: Does the Corsa have a nice deep rumble at idle?
Check this out, my car BTW.
http://www.ls1sounds.com/Corsa/corsa..._WS6-idle.mpeg
Old 05-31-2006, 07:46 AM
IMJ
TECH Enthusiast

i have the corsa exhaust system and yes its all stainless. but its a pretty hard choice between corsa and magnaflow. for the money magnaflow is the best, but looks wise corsa has the best tips.... i say corsa.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Magnaflow, I might buy a Corsa down the road. I like them both.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

I have the Magnaflow. Build quality is EXCELLENT. I didn't have to adjust the fitment after bolting everything together, it was perfect out of the box. I love the Magnaflow sound and volume, although it is somewhat quiet for others. If it's too quiet, get headers like a lot of us have. The tips have a great mirror-finish on them. My vote is for the Magnaflow.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Teching In

I like the way Corsa sounds.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Corsa looks and sounds the best.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

I have the Magnaflow. Like others have stated the build quaility is fantastic! Never had to adjust the tips (even after scraping them once) and everything looks like I just took it out of the box. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great system.

The car sounds almost stock at idle without headers, but opens up as you cruise along. I beleive the powergains are near that of a cutout because the system flows so well (there was a dyno graph somewhere but I don't have it).
Old 05-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Resident

after some thought, i voted corsa. it looks a whole lot better, sounds unique, and magnaflows are a dime a dozen. it seems like everyone has one since they're so cheap. they're an ugly exhaust system and too quiet for my tastes and FAR too raspy with an ORY.

nothing compliments a T/A better than those corsa tips and nothing else sounds like a corsa - i mean, no one really has one. be unique! stand out from the crowd.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Hmm, this is kinda like comparing apples to oranges here.

People go with each catback for various reasons.

Sounds:
-Corsa is a bit louder, but that's not what separates them. Corsa, as mentioned above, has its own distinct tone, much as GMMG has its own sort of tone. It is hard to explain. Corsa has a nice, medium-toned idle, and at WOT is very exotic-sounding. With LTs, the Corsa gets pretty loud, at idle, partial throttle, and WOT. The Magnaflow, on the other hand, is a completely different type of animal. I ran it on my daily driven 2000 Z28 for almost 2 years, both on stock manifolds and then with LTs and ORY for about a year. On stock manifolds, it isn't too terribly loud. It's louder than Hooker or SLP's Dual/Dual, but still pretty quiet. It is very deep and has a throaty sound to it, but still manages to be mellow, smooth, and have a great musclecar rumble. I'd say that's the best thing about the Magnaflow: the low rumble. With LTs and ORY, it really picks up some personality. It gets even deeper and the longtubes really bring out the volume in it.

Quality:
Magnaflow is one of the best-flowing mufflers on the market, seeing as you can look in one side and out the other. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that Corsa has a series of baffles/walls in it that chokes it up a bit more. It sounds great, but doesn't flow stunningly well from what I've seen. Not that this stops anyone from using the catback though. Magnaflow stands out in my mind, for good reason, as having probably the highest quality exhausts on the market. Stainless steel that is mirror polished with great looking welds and stainless packing inside. You open the box to take it out and simply stare at yourself in the reflection of the muffler. Corsa is great quality as well, but I'd expect it to be for what you pay for it.

Looks:
This is what separates them. Magnaflow looks great in terms of having the mirror polished muffler, but some people don't like their tips. They are simply 3.5'' round tips with a continuous width all the way out to the bumper. Some people describe them as truck tips, and I can see where they're coming from, although I didn't think they looked terrible. They're stainless as well and polish up great though. Corsa is the king of tips in the F-body world. Either their standard or premium tips look amazing and are probably the most sought-after tips.

In terms of sound (which is what I look for primarily in a catback), go to LS1sounds.com if you haven't already and listen to some good quality setups of each when stock and then with some LTs. This will give you the best indication. I'd also go to Magnaflow.com and listen to their clips on the F-body, then listen to these clips of the Corsa: http://corsaperformance.com/cfflash.html

Good luck.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

I gotta Magnaflow, I had it installed with and have it installed as of presant with no cats. I love it. Flows great and alot less expensive. Sounds great.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

As stated above, I guess it depends on what you want out of it. Personally I like the way corsa looks and sounds vs. the magnaflow. But if you are looking to squeeze out every little pony then go with the magnaflow.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have Magnaflow and it is LOUD.....i dont understand why people say it is quiet.....I have lt's/ory and cam and it sounds good. It has 2 different tones to it....idle to 4000 has a nice somewhat deep tone and from 4000-7000 is very loud and sounds somewhat exotic....
Old 06-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by BadAzz96Z28
i dont understand why people say it is quiet.....I have lt's/ory and cam
umm..that's why it's loud dood. it's one of the quietest catbacks when you put it on stock manifolds with a stock internal engine. most of us don't have an ORY/cam/LT's to make it loud. if you did all that **** to even the stock exhaust it'll get loud.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
if you did all that **** to even the stock exhaust it'll get loud.

actually i had the lts/ory and stock back-half and it was nearly quiet as stock