The Next 240sx S13 With LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Next 240sx S13 With LS1

Is here

More images to come soon!

The picture was taken after the mounts were installed though it looks like its using the engine jack to hold it it is actually being held by the motor mounts made by yours truely.

Mod List:

LS6 Intake manifold
TR55IX sparkplugs (they were 55 dollars i have the right to put them here lol)
PRC Dual gold vavle springs w/Titanium Retainers
TSP Magic Stick 4
TSP Harden pushrods
LS2 Timing Chain
Clutch net Clutch
Pro 5.0 Shifter

Custom Longtubes and custom intake are also going to be used but obviously arent made yet.

All Greddy Gauges such as Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Fuel Pressure, and Water Temp. Peak Hold Warn 60mm.

Last edited by Chin180sx; 08-23-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

mo pics'
thats sweet blue paint
whta are the specs of ur engine?
Old 08-23-2006, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

5.7 vette LS1.

Couple of questions for the wiring guys. I believe the PCM already has the pins for using a standard cable TB. However the harness was designed for the stupid fly by wire system so i have a regular TB but I figure I am going to need to get the pig tails from some place and change the pins on the ECM. Does any one know which ones exactly I need to pin in and where? That would be a great help to me. Thanks

Modified crossmemeber.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

that blue paint is sweet...we need more pics!
Old 08-23-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

oh lord you made my WEEK!
the paint is wicked, the motor looks comfy, the crossmember mods look good and the front wheels look nice and wide, so whatchu runnin out back?!?!?!

keep up the good work!
Old 08-23-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

i dont think they are wide as much a lot of offset.

looks pimp. that sbc mounting plate makes it almost too simple.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

They are 17x9 +15offset 17x10 +25 offset im putting 275's out rear and 235-245 up front have decided yet. The tires in the pictures are only 225's.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Launching!

cool, i'm getting there and it looks like we're taking about the same route.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Chin180sx
They are 17x9 +15offset 17x10 +25 offset im putting 275's out rear and 235-245 up front have decided yet. The tires in the pictures are only 225's.

positive offset?!?!?!
17x8-13 and 18x10-6 ftw

<3
Old 08-23-2006, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

few questions for you and mikespeed. althou mine is a s14. how much space is between the oil pan and steering rack? i got mine about a 1/4-3/8 inch atm. i aint fabbed up my mounts yet. also did you you solid mount the motor in? atm my plan is to use the camaro mounts which i filled with high temp chalk and that made em alot stiffer. then going to fab up a new U bracket. but would like to solid mount it cause its very tight in there. i got hinson headers which clear the steering shaft but its still real tight everywhere (up down left and right). the hood does close (motor and tran sitting on jacks to confirm hood would close) and the shifter is alittle foward of the stock location (around 2-3 inch). and the way i cut my crossmember is just like yours is in that pic.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 AM
TECH Addict

awesome build

srun
Old 08-24-2006, 02:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fouz65
few questions for you and mikespeed.
chins done everything him self so far. im actually back in tx right now tryign to get a truck to pull my trailer with.

althou mine is a s14. how much space is between the oil pan and steering rack? i got mine about a 1/4-3/8 inch atm. i aint fabbed up my mounts yet.
my ls13 is on the hinson stuff still, honestly i think i measured over 2'' between the pan and the subframe, one of the goals with chin's car was to slam that way down lower, which hes done a great job of. i think he said hell have pics of that tomorrow.

also did you you solid mount the motor in?
both are solid. he actually used a sbc adaptor plate and then just used the aluminum for a mount. he said more pics tomorrow when i was talking to him about it earlier.

atm my plan is to use the camaro mounts which i filled with high temp chalk and that made em alot stiffer. then going to fab up a new U bracket. but would like to solid mount it cause its very tight in there.
if you can make that fit and still be low go for it. the setup here seems very simple though.

and the shifter is alittle foward of the stock location (around 2-3 inch). and the way i cut my crossmember is just like yours is in that pic.
hmm...mine is about an 1'' forward where it should be, and chin's motor seems to be further back than mine.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

What year/car PCM you plan to use? I can get the pin out for the IAC for that PCM if you tell me which year and car. I believe there are 4 wires for the IAC. You have to reprogram your PCM to an Fbody software.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

right now i believe it thinks its a reprogramed Z06 2001 but we all know that wont work out ill probably want to use the 2001 F body program or 2002 since there is no EGR or anything. If you could find out that would be great!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Launching!

chin,

how well does the front of your pan clear the swaybar? i notched my subframe similar to yours but further back by about 1/2" and when i set the pan in there with the bellhousing bolted to it it pretty much wedges the sump between the swaybar and the notch in the subframe. maybe i'm just trying to get the motor to sit too low but i can't notch the subframe any more than it is.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

dunno about everyone else but we had to beat the holy hell out of the firewall about 2' past the pittsburg lap. the pittsburg was really hard to beat back so we added alittle heat then beat on it to get the motor back and the tranny all the way up.

"hmm...mine is about an 1'' forward where it should be, and chin's motor seems to be further back than mine."

i think mine will go back farther, but was trying to make sure the motor had enough room to roll alittle for the rubber mounts. i changed my mine to go with solid thou now.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Here is the pin out for the IAC for a 2000 pontiac firebird:
Red-76 - LT GRN/WHT - CKT 1749 - IAC Coil B High
Red-77 - LT GRN/BLK - CKT 444 - IAC Coil B Low
Red 78 - LT BLU/BLK - CKT 1748 - IAC Coil A Low
Red 79 - LT BLU/WHT - CKT 1747 - IAC Coil A High.

The Z06 program won't work with manual TB control. It doesn't have any inputs for the IAC above. You will need to reprogram it with an fbody software.

Why didn't use the DBW came with the Z06?
Old 08-24-2006, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fouz65
few questions for you and mikespeed. althou mine is a s14. how much space is between the oil pan and steering rack? i got mine about a 1/4-3/8 inch atm. i aint fabbed up my mounts yet. also did you you solid mount the motor in? atm my plan is to use the camaro mounts which i filled with high temp chalk and that made em alot stiffer. then going to fab up a new U bracket. but would like to solid mount it cause its very tight in there. i got hinson headers which clear the steering shaft but its still real tight everywhere (up down left and right). the hood does close (motor and tran sitting on jacks to confirm hood would close) and the shifter is alittle foward of the stock location (around 2-3 inch). and the way i cut my crossmember is just like yours is in that pic.

The oil pan and the steering rack is very minimal like yours. My pana ctually sits about half an inch lower than the crossmemeber. The mounts are the mount adaptor kits and then i used a soild mount to connect the crossmemeber and the mount adaptor together. since the mount adapator is almost all rubber it has enough room to flex. The problem with sold mounts is I have seen in many cases the block actually cracks from to much TQ and stress that is why i left some movement in the assembly. I check and even with the corvette altenator and such it will still close. Havent checked shifter placement yet that is the next big to do on my car. I just finished banging the living **** out of my trans tunnel to make sure there is enough clearence for the t56 tranny. I should have the trans mount made by the end of this weekend maybe early next week.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by icantdrift
chin,

how well does the front of your pan clear the swaybar? i notched my subframe similar to yours but further back by about 1/2" and when i set the pan in there with the bellhousing bolted to it it pretty much wedges the sump between the swaybar and the notch in the subframe. maybe i'm just trying to get the motor to sit too low but i can't notch the subframe any more than it is.

My motor sits plenty low I havent check for sway bar clearence this is more of an after effect for me if I need to ill take a stock one and modfy it. I would hate to have to take out my expensive *** tanabe bar but i might have to to get it to work.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1Cobra
Here is the pin out for the IAC for a 2000 pontiac firebird:
Red-76 - LT GRN/WHT - CKT 1749 - IAC Coil B High
Red-77 - LT GRN/BLK - CKT 444 - IAC Coil B Low
Red 78 - LT BLU/BLK - CKT 1748 - IAC Coil A Low
Red 79 - LT BLU/WHT - CKT 1747 - IAC Coil A High.

The Z06 program won't work with manual TB control. It doesn't have any inputs for the IAC above. You will need to reprogram it with an fbody software.

Why didn't use the DBW came with the Z06?

Thanks for the help. I didnt have traction control set up on my car so it would have been a royal pain for me to use the DBW i had acess to the petal assembly but its not worth it IMO we had it with a 02 maxima and everytime I would try to heal and toe it would be off a split second and mess up my downshift. Might you have the pin outs on the IACV so i know where in the plugs those go too? Thanks again

Quick Reply: The Next 240sx S13 With LS1