Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Dual exhaust options
3 inch "X" with 3 inch over axle
64.26%
3 inch front of X 2.5 inch back of X and over axle
35.74%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Mass produced full length dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all you guys voting for 3X3, i thought consensus was that you cannot run 3" pipe over the axel without relocating the panhard bar? i thought you have to use 3 up front and 2.5 out the back? how is this gonna even be possible?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
all you guys voting for 3X3, i thought consensus was that you cannot run 3" pipe over the axel without relocating the panhard bar? i thought you have to use 3 up front and 2.5 out the back? how is this gonna even be possible?
thats what im screaming!!

is this realistic..being able to purchase a full length dual exhaust? Im ready!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

So no one would want to see a TD setup like this?

Old 09-11-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this really going to happen???
Old 09-12-2006, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ME! ME! Bullets! I would buy the first set!
Old 09-12-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nokeman
doubt it...highly.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Resident

3 inch out the back will never happen. not over the axel anyway. it can't be done from what i've heard. i don't understand how all these people are voting for it when it's been said time and time again it's impossible. you'd have to run it under the axel, and that would be significantly less popular. it's 2.5" out the back or nothing guys. i fail to see why so many of you are voting for 3" out the back!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

3 inch out the back will never happen. not over the axel anyway. it can't be done from what i've heard. i don't understand how all these people are voting for it when it's been said time and time again it's impossible. you'd have to run it under the axel, and that would be significantly less popular. it's 2.5" out the back or nothing guys. i fail to see why so many of you are voting for 3" out the back!
people also said true duals were impossible....then they said it was impossible with the stock panhard bar...ect nothing is impossible, but this is highly unlikely...even with a 2.5 system.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
people also said true duals were impossible....then they said it was impossible with the stock panhard bar...ect nothing is impossible, but this is highly unlikely...even with a 2.5 system.
that's a totally different situation and a poor comparison. there isn't 3 inches for the pipe to slip over the axle. that makes it impossible. hundreds of people have fabricated true duals for their f-body, yet no one that we know have has been able to run 3 inch duals fully out the back over the axle that we know of. how someone else is going to do it where countless others have failed is beyond me.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

that's a totally different situation and a poor comparison. there isn't 3 inches for the pipe to slip over the axle. that makes it impossible. hundreds of people have fabricated true duals for their f-body, yet no one that we know have has been able to run 3 inch duals fully out the back over the axle that we know of. how someone else is going to do it where countless others have failed is beyond me.
i'm 99% sure someone has done it...and it was one pipe over the drive side..one pipe over the passenger side. They may have REMOVED the panhard bar, I don't remember, i'll search and see what I come up with.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
i'm 99% sure someone has done it...and it was one pipe over the drive side..one pipe over the passenger side. They may have REMOVED the panhard bar, I don't remember, i'll search and see what I come up with.
yea if you relocate your panhard bar, then you can do it....but then it's not a bolt-on exhaust. that is a ridiculous pain in the *** IMO. i doubt anyone will manufacture an exhaust requiring a panhard bar relocation and expect it to sell. the only way it'll sell well is if it truly is a bolt-on application, making the 3" impossible.

that being said, if you can find someone that has put 3" pipes over their axle and out the back without relocating or modifying a thing, i hereby retract all my statements and apologize in advance for my ignorance.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

There are ways to run it over the axle and a replacement upper panhard rod could be included with the kit if necessary.

My personal preference is the 3 inch/ 2.5 combo. It'll support a ton of horsepower and give you more options for routing. Remember exhaust tube diameter can get smaller the further away from the collector you go. 2.5 inch after the X will not be a restriction even on the big HP setups imo.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea if you relocate your panhard bar, then you can do it....but then it's not a bolt-on exhaust. that is a ridiculous pain in the *** IMO. i doubt anyone will manufacture an exhaust requiring a panhard bar relocation and expect it to sell. the only way it'll sell well is if it truly is a bolt-on application, making the 3" impossible.

that being said, if you can find someone that has put 3" pipes over their axle and out the back without relocating or modifying a thing, i hereby retract all my statements and apologize in advance for my ignorance.

search keeps timing out... lol. regardless of what I find..I don't think this will happen anyway. Companies are always talking about doing this and never coming through. Only company that did was tsp..and they're dumped. Also bassani, but that is 1k.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah this system cant be too pricey for me to jump on it. Got to be reasonable and no clearance issues(banging floorboard, etc.)
Old 09-12-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

If he can make a 3x2.5 exhaust system I would buy it now. I dont even care if its dumped. If its cheaper than going the custom route Im in.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

If he can make a 3x2.5 exhaust system I would buy it now. I dont even care if its dumped. If its cheaper than going the custom route Im in.
tsp is 400...how much cheaper do you need it?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

blech.....please don't make this kit under the axle. Never understand why anyone likes this idea. Sure it's easier, but it's plain ugly IMO.

[QUOTE=OneMeanZ]So no one would want to see a TD setup like this?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:50 PM
FormerVendor

Guys, we are already in the development phase of the 3x3, true dual over the axle setup. Target price is 1100, stainless steel, TIG welded with a bullet style muffler. Obviously, we you can add in what you want, but its been done more than once, over the axle with no issues.

Target time for production is christmas, with units shipping by sometime January.

It will be an X pipe setup that will fit the Kooks/QTPs and an optional pipe to fit Hookers, Jet Hots, and Pace setters.

This is a no expense spared setup. No shortcuts have been taken and the most ingenious engineering has been used for the most clearance and best fitment.

I will keep you guys updated as I know more. We are currently knocking out the last of our C5/C6 parts now, and this system is next in line.

Louis
Old 09-12-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
So no one would want to see a TD setup like this?

How much did it cost to extend your exhaust from your bullets to the rear?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think thats a pic of someone elses exhaust. I would rather have under the axle instead over. It looks badass from behind when driving, it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper, and you can do it 3x3.

Quick Reply: Mass produced full length dual exhaust