Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring Help PLZ (overlays)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Wiring Help PLZ (overlays)

Ok heres the situation, Im actually dealing with a mustang but same difference. I was putting in overlays in my buddys car, it has a + - coming from the overlays them selves that run into a relay. Then off of the relay run another + - finally a switch comes off of the relay to a cheap *** flat on/off switch. I thought to make it easier(less wires) I could hard wire it into the headlight switch to come on like the stock ones. The directions online said use large grey wire which is irrelavent because its a mustang. Basically I tested the wires coming from the switch and determined the hot one when the headlights were pulled on. Ok so I took the orig. + - wires from the overlays ran the + to the hot wire on the switch and grounded the other. Shouldnt the overlays then turn on when the switch is pulled. Basically I eliminated the relay. Now it doesnt work....I wanted to have it cheap switch free and just use the headlight switch like I said but it hasnt worked out, help please.....

thanks, jeff