Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hi guys just wanted to say hello to all of you. I just joined the club. Actually I just moved to US like a couple of months ago and landed in seattle. I am working as a software engineer. Yeh i was fan of car racing but only to the extent of watching Michael Schumacher on TV.

Was looking for my first car out of my country, simply for commuting to work. Honda or toyota sounded cool. With good gas milage and reliability factor. Landed on looking at a stunning beauty. It was BLACK. It was BOLD. It was RIDING LOW. Its exhaust ROARS. (i think i am good at this stuff, let me start my own band). All i could see was this thing standing there in front of a garage. I had no clue what it was, what is it called, how it drove, what is under the hood of this thing and specially what will it cost to own it or run it. I was low on cash as well. All i knew was that i want it. I went closer and decided to talk to the owner. Oh look there was a surprise. It is an all American car which has more than 100K miles on it and it has been raced. There you go with all the reliability and good gas milage. It was enough to scare me away, but no look i went on with it. The moment she turned on the key, i was sold.

So later on i found out it is called Pontiac. A black 97 LT1 TA. Got all the finances that i could manage and then got it. It was hard trust me it was really hard to convince my parents that i want a 5.7 V8 for daily commuting. Though it was it when I bought this but then I landed on this forum. I think I have spend on average of more than 3 hours on this forum daily and now I think I know a couple of bits and I am in for racing.

So after I got this beauty I ended up knowing a lot of stuff about it. Following is a list of mods on this one.

Moser 28 spline 3:42 - 12 bolt w/Eaton diffs
MSD 6A box
Taylor Pro Wires
poly trans mount
43 psi on Ford injectors, 225lph pump
Holly adj fuel reg
CSR electric water pump
160* stat
air foil
flowmasters
3400 conterter, Yank
K&N FIPK
DS loop
AGX shocks
adj panhard
boxed trailing arms
Eibach Pro springs
Hpertech III

I think I should be able to pull off low 12's in this one, though I have never been to any race track so that is just my guess.

Its good to be around and my special thanks to GEARHED for letting me test drive it for a year .
Old 01-04-2007, 01:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RoostersTA

Its good to be around and my special thanks to GEARHED for letting me test drive it for a year .
Well sir, you are welcomed here!

I see another track junkie in the making.

Come by and say hi.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where in seattle are you located?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Old 01-04-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

Welcome to the site! You will learn a lot about your car here..
Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Is that Amy's old car?

Edit: now that I read the last line, I see it.

You will enjoy that car
Old 01-05-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Welcome!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Y'all know we have held out as long as possible - but everything is working out as it should and the car is getting the loving it deserves. I think it missed being a dd, it hasn't run as well for us as it does for Rooster. WTF is up with that?!

What is very cool is it only took a few drives around and that nervousness wore off the night the keys were handed over. We sat in the living room by the fire, looked at each other and said "yep, he hit it" when he left. The bug has already bit and we are working together to get it up to a respectable track time by spring

Now we need to remind Rooster that you are supposed to ask for gas money from all his friends who at first said they would race him in their Honda's and Toyota's - because they know the TA would smoke them so its better to at least be a passenger than fried rice

As for picts there Rott ( ), this morning Rooster said he would get pictures with a hottie but there is a problem: even though his friends here had told him how good looking the women are in the US, apparently none of them live or work in Redmond.
My guess is all you that work at MS know this already.
Say hello when you see the TA rolling round campus and yes, you have my permission to teach Rooster a proper burnout, eventually its going to get a line lock installed before PRI opens

Don, the first spring GT BBQ can be here or your place. We are all going to be overdue by then
Old 01-05-2007, 02:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
Welcome to the site! You will learn a lot about your car here..
Oh! Steph, that reminds me about the picture and name on NWFB...I wonder how many times in a couple of years we can get you to change it
Old 01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Ooouch.. i should have known this earlier .. so this means no more pics of my car till i find "one" hottie cuz i know my car deserves that.

As far as the gas money goes yeh i need to pull that out from their pockets it is a must. I dont know why but now i dont hear ppl talking about the racing stuff when i am around .

Thanks to GEARHED for having me this and yeh we need to get a decent time on track.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RoostersTA
Ooouch.. i should have known this earlier .. so this means no more pics of my car till i find "one" hottie cuz i know my car deserves that.

As far as the gas money goes yeh i need to pull that out from their pockets it is a must. I dont know why but now i dont hear ppl talking about the racing stuff when i am around .

Thanks to GEARHED for having me this and yeh we need to get a decent time on track.
Welcome Rooster, this is great bunch around here.

Except for 00Vette. lol (What's up Jon?)

Last edited by GEARHED; 01-05-2007 at 03:43 PM. Reason: take a deep breath Rey
Old 01-05-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Veteran

There is plenty of car talk - like RyanK putting another tubo system on his car which is a B4C (an old police car, LT1)
Don't say you want to race him at the track. We don't have enough duct tape
Old 01-05-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Rooster.

You will love that car. The Guy who owned it loves it with every thing he had and took great care of it. Do NOT be afriad of the miles. Most of them were comuting miles.

Sorry I could not get to it in the time you needed. Between the weather and Holidays there has been precise little time for much.

Enjoy her and love her like my old friend did!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

Your in the right place my freind! Should have got an LS1 though.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Hey Rooster.

You will love that car. The Guy who owned it loves it with every thing he had and took great care of it. Do NOT be afriad of the miles. Most of them were comuting miles.

Sorry I could not get to it in the time you needed. Between the weather and Holidays there has been precise little time for much.

Enjoy her and love her like my old friend did!
Dude! Its not like we were taking a sledge hammer to it!
At least it got the proper detail time in which was badly needed and rims that really look outstanding too.
Don't worry though since there are some parts on order you will get to spend time with

and the really scary part...naw, don't want you to have a heart attack
Old 01-05-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Your in the right place my freind! Should have got an LS1 though.
Jon, there aren't any LS's for sale in that condition for under 9K. This came in well below that and besides, LT1's are much more fun to work on and plan conversions for
Old 01-05-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Amy you know I did not say any thing about you beating it You did what you could and we all under stand the spot you are in

Even though there are some here who have no clue about being in a tight spot the rest of us do
Old 01-05-2007, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Jon, there aren't any LS's for sale in that condition for under 9K. This came in well below that and besides, LT1's are much more fun to work on and plan conversions for
True! But I had to make a smart assed LS1 comment simply because I own one.

There are some bad *** LT1 cruising these streets....
Old 01-05-2007, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

Amy you know I did not say any thing about you beating it You did what you could and we all under stand the spot you are in

Even though there are some here who have no clue about being in a tight spot the rest of us do
The LS1's are getting pretty reasonable these days. You can't deny that.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Ellis, I know you were trying to give a bit of history for the Rooster but sometimes it feels like we are standing in quick sand. Now, if we could get a certain group of people in cement shoes....

Was talking to John about that last night - to some degree I think more is 'shared' at times due to the nature of people here. We tend to get really stubborn and not give up even when there is little to work with...its a grudge match all the way but probably a good thing overall.

Just wait for us even if it does take the full 3 years to get this resolved IT WILL GET DONE!
uh, that goes for the 93' as well, first on the list and decided just 'a few mods' won't hurt

Quick Reply: Hello