Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Racing Headers **AWESOME**

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
+37rwhp??? Going from QTP's to AR??? I don't know about that. You don't even get near that much hp going from stock manifolds to long tubes.
X2. Thats laughible.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laughable or not its true i saw the dyno graphs now could it have been a bad tune on the QTPs sure, could it have been a bad set why not, could it have been 1 3/4s qtps (and he told me 1 7/8s) going to 1 7/8s ARs maybe but the graphs say thats what he gained of course there are so many different things that could have happened to make those gains. Heck he could have had a bad plug and changed them with the new headers, I dont know all the details other than he did gain the power. But I know the difference I feel with the new headers on my car versus the old pacesetters an thats all that matters to me.

Also on another note george at kooks has seen fit to ask me to change my post, which i will not do as he claims they are not making any changes. I have seen a set of 2 year old kooks and a set my buddy just got a few weeks ago and they are not the same design so i am going off what I have heard and what i have seen, if I am wrong so be it but regardless I think they make a great set of headers and would have been my second choice if the ARs had not been around. But I will also say when I was looking for new headers 3 monthes ago and called kooks directly i was not happy with the way they treated me on the phone. To me customer service is top priority and a company that your about to drop over a grand for a set of headers should have no probs answering ?s and giving me a date when they can have them shipped out.

By the way here are the pics of the ARs off my car when they arrived enjoy
Attached Thumbnails American Racing Headers **AWESOME**-picture-001.jpg   American Racing Headers **AWESOME**-picture-002.jpg   American Racing Headers **AWESOME**-picture-003.jpg   American Racing Headers **AWESOME**-picture-004.jpg   American Racing Headers **AWESOME**-picture-005.jpg  

American Racing Headers **AWESOME**-picture-006.jpg  
Old 04-16-2007, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bandit1
Laughable or not its true i saw the dyno graphs now could it have been a bad tune on the QTPs sure, could it have been a bad set why not, could it have been 1 3/4s qtps (and he told me 1 7/8s) going to 1 7/8s ARs maybe but the graphs say thats what he gained of course there are so many different things that could have happened to make those gains. Heck he could have had a bad plug and changed them with the new headers, I dont know all the details other than he did gain the power. But I know the difference I feel with the new headers on my car versus the old pacesetters an thats all that matters to me.

Also on another note george at kooks has seen fit to ask me to change my post, which i will not do as he claims they are not making any changes. I have seen a set of 2 year old kooks and a set my buddy just got a few weeks ago and they are not the same design so i am going off what I have heard and what i have seen, if I am wrong so be it but regardless I think they make a great set of headers and would have been my second choice if the ARs had not been around. But I will also say when I was looking for new headers 3 monthes ago and called kooks directly i was not happy with the way they treated me on the phone. To me customer service is top priority and a company that your about to drop over a grand for a set of headers should have no probs answering ?s and giving me a date when they can have them shipped out.

By the way here are the pics of the ARs off my car when they arrived enjoy
#1: There is a place on this forum for sponsor feedback...and this section isn't it.

#2: If someone that works for Kooks tells you there are no changes, then there are no changes. And that means a whole lot more than what "you heard" or what "you think."

#3: Looking at your sig...you've been around cars for a while...does a 37rwhp increase in a header change make any sense to you?? No??? Then why would you post it? That number is retarded.

Bottom line...congrats on your new headers...don't expect 37rwhp from them (although I do want to hear how much you got)...and your credability sucks.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02SS:ZEUS
#1: There is a place on this forum for sponsor feedback...and this section isn't it.

#2: If someone that works for Kooks tells you there are no changes, then there are no changes. And that means a whole lot more than what "you heard" or what "you think."

#3: Looking at your sig...you've been around cars for a while...does a 37rwhp increase in a header change make any sense to you?? No??? Then why would you post it? That number is retarded.

Bottom line...congrats on your new headers...don't expect 37rwhp from them (although I do want to hear how much you got)...and your credability sucks.
INTERCOM - "Burn ward, accepting Bandit"
Old 04-17-2007, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

As stated earlier the gains my buddy got are no way typical or common and I called bs too but at the same time he showed me the dyno results and yes there could have been many things that caused the gain. But irregardless hes happy and so am I and if the mods see fit to send this to the feedback section then so be it. I posted it here cause it seemed like a good idea.

If you are not in agreement with something I have said then noone is making you read it or agree with it.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:48 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Those pics look bad ***
Old 04-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Resident

Laughable or not its true i saw the dyno graphs
are you a spokesman for american racing or something? the american racing headers do look nice, no doubt about about it - and i hope a sponsor starts carrying them so we get more posts involving them - but even 10 rwhp over QTP's is hard to believe. show me a graph of a 37rwhp gain from QTP's to american racing headers on the same tune and i'll take a video of myself with my thumb up my *** dancing around, chanting "bandit1 is my hero."

disclaimer: if this ever happens, you cannot for any reason hold me to this agreement. the comment was made in jest. at no point, unless large sums of money are involved, will i voluntarily shove my thumb up my ***, especially on video.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
are you a spokesman for american racing or something? the american racing headers do look nice, no doubt about about it - and i hope a sponsor starts carrying them so we get more posts involving them - but even 10 rwhp over QTP's is hard to believe. show me a graph of a 37rwhp gain from QTP's to american racing headers on the same tune and i'll take a video of myself with my thumb up my *** dancing around, chanting "bandit1 is my hero."

disclaimer: if this ever happens, you cannot for any reason hold me to this agreement. the comment was made in jest. at no point, unless large sums of money are involved, will i voluntarily shove my thumb up my ***, especially on video.
While I would love to see that I can only show the graphs from my buddys car but like I said above I found it extremely hard to believe as well. So I will retract the claim he made an we'll just save that video for another time hahaha. Cause I for one am not about to go otu and buy some QTPs and change them on my car just to see what happens cause I too agree it would be AMAZING if that happened. But no I am not a spokesperson for AR just very happy with my purchase.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Addict

how much did you pay for them?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Resident

While I would love to see that I can only show the graphs from my buddys car but like I said above I found it extremely hard to believe as well. So I will retract the claim he made an we'll just save that video for another time hahaha. Cause I for one am not about to go otu and buy some QTPs and change them on my car just to see what happens cause I too agree it would be AMAZING if that happened. But no I am not a spokesperson for AR just very happy with my purchase.
i'm just busting your *****, man. it's cool.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
...and i hope a sponsor starts carrying them so we get more posts involving them
Check my post in this thread, post #20

Originally Posted by cobrakillerta
...there are a few LS1Tech sponsors on ARH's website whom are ARH dealers. Some of which are...

LM Performance
Synergy Motorsports
Old 04-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Resident

cool, i guess they just started. not bad prices, either for headers and a y. very competitive with the dynatech system.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So did anyone else notice that there appears to be a merge collector on the Y-Pipe where it exits into the I-Pipe? I haven't notice anyone else doing that. I just can't tell if that is really a merge collector or just a case of the Y necking down too much.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Krab
Very interested in these. I'll be waiting for more pics of the fitment and the Y-pipe. Can you PM me the link to where you got these from?
I would like to know too.
My Y pipe is a POS!!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:10 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
So did anyone else notice that there appears to be a merge collector on the Y-Pipe where it exits into the I-Pipe? I haven't notice anyone else doing that. I just can't tell if that is really a merge collector or just a case of the Y necking down too much.
It looks like a merge collector to me. The collector part look to be better then the Kooks, which is why I am considering them. Just woundering how the Y pipe fits. I know the Kook's Y fits nice and you can usually get the tunnel brace back on.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

It is a merge collector on the Y it goes from the 3 inch to a 4 inch for my custom 4 in mandrel center pipe. It was added at my request at no extra charge.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Banned

We are a dealer for them, and if you need info, please contact us about them.

Rick@synergymotorsports.net

Rick
Old 04-20-2007, 03:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JGA
The collector part look to be better then the Kooks, which is why I am considering them. Just woundering how the Y pipe fits.
LOL, I just dont see how people think that kooks has a good Y, it might fit nice and have ground clearance, but the merge itself is the same as the jet hot/hooker, the driver side pipe just dumps into the passenger side pipe...I just dont see the greatness, unless the picture on their site is wrong...last time im gonna mention that one, been about 3 times so far, I just dont see it!

That is extremely nice to know about the AR Y pipe. I was thinking about doing a custom Y for some QTP headers using a HOWE(circle track stuff) merge collector, looks just like taht one on the AR Y pipe. HVMC Y pipe merge, very nice! Might switch back to wanting these and just use their headers and Y instead of the edelbrocks or the QTPs......one thing is for sure, there are more and more quality choices of headers/y pipes coming out!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:08 AM
TECH Addict

I got them for my Vette, standard LT's with a X pipe and High flo cats. Told them i was going to be using a WB with them and they welded in a bung at the Xpipe , not cost. Yes that was not much trouble, but it was one less thing I had to do when the headers got to me.

I agree with top notch service from them. Install was easy; did it in the garage on jackstands.

Dyno Numbers pending next month for me.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:47 AM
Staging Lane

ive heard good things about them, i run hookers and im happy, but these sound nice also..