Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Safety from Dynotune at $99!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Safety from Dynotune at $99!!!!!!

Guys check out the new Dynotune Air/Fuel Ratio programmable Lean Shut-Down switch!!!! What is the most common feed back we here from our customers? How can I make my nitrous kit safer. Well guys here it is!!!! Sorry for the delay but we upgraded the electronics to INCLUDE AN ELECTRONIC TPS!!!!!

DynoTune Air/Fuel Lean shut-down switch is the original and only A/F switch available. This tiny stand alone device(you need nothing else to make it work other than your factory o2 sensor or wideband controller) is a Microprocessor controlled Air/Fuel ratio Lean shut-down switch that will shut off the nitrous system if it goes lean during a Nitrous run and best of all, It works with your existing OEM oxygen sensor! (0-1v oxygen sensors)(or 0-5v wideband controllers).

With its built in Wide Open Electronic TPS Switch it makes installation a snap.

When a Lean condition occurs the Switch will shut down the nitrous system or boost controller and the Optional Red status indicator will illuminate for a short period(20 seconds) to tell the Driver what has happened. The display will flash "LLL" to let the drive know a lean condition has occured. The switch will reset and be ready for another run automatically.

The driver can then recall and view the min and max Air/Fuel ratio during the run, right on the display.

A fuel pressure safety switch is nice but it just does not work well enough, a bad fuel solenoid or clogged fuel jet, and its all over.

There are only a few wires to hook up and it's very simple. Typical installation takes less than 30 minutes! The switch is compact and will mount almost anywhere. For the ulitmate in accuracy, get the Innovate wideband controller and use this system to monitor your A/F ratio with its built in A/F Display.

Using the units built in Air/Fuel ratio Display will allow real time monitoring so the need for an additional gauge is eliminated.

Vehicles with Carburetors, Fuel injection, Blowers, Turbo’s, Nitrous,this switch is a must!

It's the purchasers job to ensure thier factory oxygen sensor is a 0-1V style, standard o2 sensor. This will not work with factory wideband sensors found in some new cars.

Works with Innovate, FJO and all other programable widbeand systems.

An addtional 0-1V oxygen sensor can be purchased from dynotune.

Checkout all these features:

--Microprocessor contolled

--Built in Air/ fuel ratio display(narrow and wideband)

--Built in TPS (WOT) Switch

--Peak and Min A/F memory during the run

--Multiple outputs 12V and Ground

--Multiple Trigger inputs 12V and ground

--Programable trip points

--Adjustable delay to let lean spikes settle

--6 Foot wire harness Light Weight

--12 Volt Operation

--Fast response

--Super Low Current

--Draw Micro Package Mounts Anywhere 1.8" Wide x 2.4" Tall x .9" Deep

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=67

Dean

Last edited by DynotuneN2O; 11-28-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Looks like a pretty nice unit. I might just have to pick one up very soon.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds pretty cool
Old 08-22-2007, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

that looks cool. how accurate is it with the standard o2's though.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:29 PM
8 Second Club

Very nice! I have a question about it though. How would you wire it up? Would you wire it up to the nitrous circuit to where it would only start reading when the solenoids are active and spraying? Reason being if you are staged and ready say foot braking or trans-braking,......the air/fuel ratio will be leaner than what you would want to set the device. Say you set the threshold at 11.5:1 for nitrous with your device but when on the throttle at the line with trans-brake the air/fuel is around 13:0 at WOT. This would automatically show a lean condition and never even let the system spray. This is the problem I had with your other unit with the dial. Ended up taking it off my car because it would never let the system be active at WOT. I even called you guys and you did not have a fix for it.

You see I have an FJO controller in which the solenoid circuit is grounded via the FJO. The solenoids positive sides are hot when you turn the system on and the FJO grounds the solenoids when WOT is applied. This is why I could not use it. I guess if the solenoids were wired hot with a WOT switch, the grounds were straight grounded, and you wired in the trigger wire to your device....it might work. But can't do that with a controller. The car would have to start spraying first before the shut-off swith could start reading the signals for this to work.

Thanks!

Tony

Last edited by Tony Shepherd; 08-22-2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:48 PM
12 Second Club

sounds awesome, ill probably get this when i get another kit
Old 08-22-2007, 10:56 PM
11 Second Truck Club

that's pretty nice.
it would be even better if it was made into a round gauge.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

I'd like to see a .25 coin (quarter) in the photo so I could see what size this thing is. Got dimensions as an alternative? Looks likes a cool product for sure!

Ms Eliz
Old 08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ms Eliz
I'd like to see a .25 coin (quarter) in the photo so I could see what size this thing is. Got dimensions as an alternative? Looks likes a cool product for sure!

Ms Eliz
From the link in the first post: 1.8" Wide x 2.4" Tall x .9" Deep

As stated previously, I'm also curious how it allows the nitrous to be started when the A/F is too lean. Is there a time delay in the microprocessor?
Old 08-23-2007, 06:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

00formLs1: The factory o2 sensor is pretty good in the lean region.....Which is what we care about. its all about refrence....Setup the o2 voltage with the nitrous running....Back off the setting a bit to give a buffer and now if any major change happens while spraying the nitrous it will shut down the system...It actually works well on all the other generation models we have produced saving many folks....

Tony Shepherd: Got that all covered....The unit will start monitoring on a 12v trigger input or a ground input trigger. It will only start monitoring when nitrous is spraying.....The monitor start time has a delay so you can let your system settle down a bit say if you have a little lean spike for the first .3 seconds....we let you pick your own delay start time beore the lean switch will start monitorig the o2 sensor... This unit compared to our old dial unit is like comparing a Ferrarri to a cavalier - not even a comparison.

Dean
Old 08-23-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like a cool product!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Dean, I have a Innovative LC-1 with square digital gauge that I got from you guys. Will I be able to swap the gauges easily. Will the "momentary switch" calibration work with this gauge?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
Tony Shepherd: Got that all covered....The unit will start monitoring on a 12v trigger input or a ground input trigger. It will only start monitoring when nitrous is spraying.....The monitor start time has a delay so you can let your system settle down a bit say if you have a little lean spike for the first .3 seconds....we let you pick your own delay start time beore the lean switch will start monitorig the o2 sensor... This unit compared to our old dial unit is like comparing a Ferrarri to a cavalier - not even a comparison.

Dean

Thanks Dean...... I may just have to get one of those. You take trade-ins for the old style? LOL.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much are these going to run?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my bad it only says in the title... i was just super happy to see something like this!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

how bout a GP????????
Old 08-26-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very cool and innovative. Put me inline.
Robert
Old 08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
how bout a GP????????
This sounds like a great idea.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

second the gp. do you guys recommend getting an aftermarket 02 or wideband controller, or is it ok using stock?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Package this in a round gauge that would fit in a standard gauge pod and I'd be all over it!