Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Barber Motorsports Park Schedule Posted

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/events.php

We’ll definitely be out there and driving at the regulars:

-Both PBOC events

-BMW, looks like it’s a 3 day event now, I think I remember Carol saying something about this, and that they are planning on the Friday being something like what Peachtree does at RA

-NASA

-SCCA DE

-CHIN

Road Atlanta’s schedule will be posted very soon.

Please e-mail me ahead of time if anyone from here is planning to attend any of these events and I'll be sure to get you a lunch ticket so you can join us. We normally cookout on the Saturday for lunch or we'll have wings, etc. Its like tailgating except with cars, we have a very good time.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Robert,

I've had some friends run Barber and it is on my '08' short list. Can a person race with your group is they don't have a german car? I spent some time on your website and couldnt really find a difinitive answer.

Thanks!

Costas
cars and such...
Old 12-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Which events at Barber are open to any vehicle? I've run Hallet, Pocono, Putnam Park, Gateway and Road Atlanta. Also played on Lil Taladega and CMP with SCMC (SVT COBRA/Mustang Club) and love to try out new tracks.

FYI...I stopped by Road Atlanta on 12/1 during the last track days and talked with Skip Barber. Prospects for 08 track days looking like 2 at most and will be expensive but NASA events looked too crowded for my liking.

Working on my 08 Schedule. Any info appreciated.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:21 PM
FormerVendor

Shortcut: Yes, these events are open to all cars that could pass the tech inspection. It just so happens many of the groups that rent the track are european car related, but most of the cars that we're out there with are Vettes or Mustangs at these events. The only exception to this is the Porsche Club who like to keep only Porsches out there if possible and they'll only allow other cars if at the last minute they can't get their $$ right.

Fast Impala: Any of them that I mentioned would be open for you and your car. I noticed CHIN finally secured a day at RA for 08 and they are working on more. PBOC is still trying to secure a date at RA last time I checked.

I haven't run with NASA yet myself for the same reason, too crowded, but I'm going to try out their TT program in March at RA and see if its worth it.

Schedules are still being released and added onto. At this point our next events will be March NASA at RA and March PBOC at BMP.

Btw, all of the groups that I mentioned in the opening post offer A LOT of track time with the exception of NASA, NASA is the only one however that offers a TT program in the same weekend.

Quick Reply: 2008 Barber Motorsports Park Schedule Posted