Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

when 1 power adder isnt enough...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default when 1 power adder isnt enough...

why not just do all 3

saw this thing at the track and just had to take a picture. it was a hyundai tiburon and its best pass of the day was a 12.5. made several in the 13's though.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow 12.5 with all that?
Old 12-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats gay! big time!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

must be on low boost and pump gas lol
Old 12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

made my day!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by caMnaro
Wow 12.5 with all that?
What an ignorant post. First of all, that car can do no better than a mid 15 stock. So he's cut nearly 3 seconds off his stock time, which is very impressive. Furthermore, he's FWD and I wouldn't be surprised if he spun though the first half of the track.

The real story of this engine has got to be response. There aren't too many V6s that will idle like stock, make more low end torque than an LS1, then soar to a 7,000rpm redline. Mine won't, and I've got nothing but the best of components. It takes a pretty serious FI build to get an LS1 to do all of that.

Lastly, it is a very clean and professional install, that looks top notch. And it'd probably walk all over your H/C/LT LS1 from a roll.

Originally Posted by platinum1
thats gay! big time!
And yet another.

So what makes it gay? Because it's a Hyundai? Pretty stout engine from a foreign econo car. What, because it isn't American you can't respect what he's done? Or because it doesn't have 2 more cylinders? I'd love to be the Veyron owner calling you gay.

So the results aren't mind blowing. But it'd walk away from most every car on the road, including the LS2/6 Corvettes. Just because he spent his time, money, skills, and engineering techniques on another project doesn't mean you can disrespect it. I challenge any of you to one-off build such a clean FI kit that will perform as well as his does across the board.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FieroZ34
What an ignorant post. First of all, that car can do no better than a mid 15 stock. So he's cut nearly 3 seconds off his stock time, which is very impressive. Furthermore, he's FWD and I wouldn't be surprised if he spun though the first half of the track.

The real story of this engine has got to be response. There aren't too many V6s that will idle like stock, make more low end torque than an LS1, then soar to a 7,000rpm redline. Mine won't, and I've got nothing but the best of components. It takes a pretty serious FI build to get an LS1 to do all of that.

Lastly, it is a very clean and professional install, that looks top notch. And it'd probably walk all over your H/C/LT LS1 from a roll.

And yet another.

So what makes it gay? Because it's a Hyundai? Pretty stout engine from a foreign econo car. What, because it isn't American you can't respect what he's done? Or because it doesn't have 2 more cylinders? I'd love to be the Veyron owner calling you gay.

So the results aren't mind blowing. But it'd walk away from most every car on the road, including the LS2/6 Corvettes. Just because he spent his time, money, skills, and engineering techniques on another project doesn't mean you can disrespect it. I challenge any of you to one-off build such a clean FI kit that will perform as well as his does across the board.
guess i forgot to mention the 110 mph. it aint walking all over **** but a stock ls1. my bolt on ls1 w/ 330rwhp trapped 111-112 all day.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

So what makes it gay?
even if he beat a h/c ls1 you would still be the homo in a Hyundai. That car was ment to be driven to the grocey store not down the quarter mile.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"What an ignorant post. First of all, that car can do no better than a mid 15 stock. So he's cut nearly 3 seconds off his stock time, which is very impressive. Furthermore, he's FWD and I wouldn't be surprised if he spun though the first half of the track"

So thats one second for the turbo, one for the blower, and one for the spray.....WOW!!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fiero...pssst: nobody likes you. Your posts are never worthwhile, and nobody cares about fwd econo cars. Just letting you know...
Old 12-12-2007, 08:36 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And yet another.

Take your key board warrior racer **** some where else! That thing can't weight **** and it can only muster a mid 12 second pass with what you claim to be a fairly high hp car LOL! It should be doing those times on just one of the FI setups! And yeah I have worked on import stuff so don't even go there. Sorry we didn't praise his accomplishment. It looks like a clean install, but the results don't add up to me.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

the worst part about it the charger and turbo cost more then the car is worth
Old 12-12-2007, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

i think its kinda cool. its a clean install but the #'s just kinda suck
Old 12-12-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr.MartyStone
Fiero...pssst: nobody likes you. Your posts are never worthwhile, and nobody cares about fwd econo cars. Just letting you know...
Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

saw a saturn redline at the track (supercharged) that also had a turbo kit, turning similar times
Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fieroz34, you were banned once, it'll happen again if you keep it up. I've been keeping track of you since you got back and I CAN say that you are headed down the road to banishment again, but this time PERMANENTLY.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:01 PM
9 Second Club

I was expecting 130 mph traps

at 110 it isn't walking ****...
Old 12-12-2007, 10:09 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And yet another.

Thank you for those words of wisdom.

BTW..how is your 88GT? Does that thing walk H/C LS1's? One time I saw an LS1, it was sweet.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This one is done

Quick Reply: when 1 power adder isnt enough...