Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous AFR and EFI Live A0015 Calculator

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous AFR and EFI Live A0015 Calculator

I was hoping to try this out Saturday on the dyno but was hindered by a car trailer in the slow bank (dug out in 9 degree weather in the wee hours), then by the vette that knew it was to cold to start (jump started), once we got the vette out of the garage and into the driveway, gravity worked well and the vette would slide down the slightest inclination and lacked the traction to recover position...End of the day I had to come-along the Vette back into the garage

Anyways I digress. I had to cancel my dyno session with Vinny in New Hampshire.

Gave Doc a call in Florida and discussed Nitrous tuning and he turned me on to a Nitrous AFR formula from a tuning book released in 07.

I incorporated this into a EFI Live COS 5 A0015 VE multiplier spreadsheet.

Here it is if anyone is interested in looking at and comment. I hope to use this when I can get the car out of the driveway!

Beers Spreadsheet <---right click "Save target as"
Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Gotta love New England weather, it was 9 on Saturday and supposed to be in the 50's today!
I spent the day pulling the motor out of my GTO instead, so I'm happy to finally get that going.

Vinny
Old 01-07-2008, 06:33 AM
TECH Addict

Supposedly a COS 5 for the LS2's in the works...once we prove it works on mine, yours will be a breeze to do , of course with a HSW controller, all the tuning I learned is mute...LOL

Paypal sent for the goodies
Old 01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Supposedly a COS 5 for the LS2's in the works...once we prove it works on mine, yours will be a breeze to do , of course with a HSW controller, all the tuning I learned is mute...LOL

That's pretty cool Beer, can I post it on my site? The one thing that I have found out about calculated fuel multipliers is they are not absolute, or rather not exact. More a starting point with fine tuning needed. now with that said, still a very valuable tool for those setting their tune up for the first time, they'll be close enough to stay out of trouble.

The tuning we are doing being moot, IMO, not true. Many will already have a tuner program, and/or know they are going to get one, and thus the need for conventional nitrous tuning. I do have an Interface controller to play with, even though I can do all in my HP Tuner program... Though it can make it easier even for those with a program.
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 01-09-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Change mute to moot, lol, ms eliz
Old 01-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Beer,
Nice follow thru- You are the Excel Ninja. Still thinking warm Florida thoughts hoping they'll help melt the ice.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Staging Lane

Beer you seem to have the worst luck on Dyno days! How's the new job in Singapore? My best thoughts are with you and hope you get some better luck soon!
XOXO,
Ms Eliz

PS...fella's, the word is moot not mute...

Last edited by Robert56; 01-09-2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to push edit, but rather quote for reply, see below
Old 01-09-2008, 06:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beer99C5

Beer,
Not justy an excel ninja, but an EFI Live Ninja as well!
You need to take a trip down to NH as soon as I get my new set-up fired up to help tune it. The snow should be melted by then.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 AM
11 Second Club

Beer, i was up at Vinny's helping him pull the motor out of his GTO and he was telling me a little bit about your car, i can't wait to see it in person. Good luck getting it out next time, hopefully i can make it back up to check it out.

Anthony
Old 01-09-2008, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ms Eliz
Beer you seem to have the worst luck on Dyno days! How's the new job in Singapore? My best thoughts are with you and hope you get some better luck soon!
XOXO,
Ms Eliz

LOL yes I am begining to get a dyno day complex (last time my new racetronics would not support NA WOT)!

Off to Singapore Monday (hoping Vinny calls and says we can try again before I leave), the Primaries warmed NH/Maine and we are getting a pretty good melt, so I dont think I will have the same issue til the next storm. Job is going well, still have alot to learn.

I would enjoy tuning your car Vinny (I will check on the COS5 LS2 status). Its always more fun working on someone else car than your own, what I don't know, I have numbers for who to ask, the EFI Live tuners are very helpful.

Anthony, hope to met you and the other LS1tech guys at NED, so far only met two board members that go to Oxford (1/8 mile near me).
Old 01-09-2008, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

I am up there enough haha, i think its taken me about 200 passes to learn how to drive my car, and every time I change something I have to learn all over again! One of the guys i work with goes to Oxford with the CMDR (Central Mass Drag Racers) for a few of their events. Good luck with the car and getting everyhting running the way you want it too!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ms Eliz
XOXO,
Ms Eliz

My ex' used to call me a mute, but I would reply that it's a moot point. Did I pass?
Robert
Old 01-09-2008, 07:31 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nifty. Good Job Beer and Doc. I've been trying to read up a little on tuning stuff. I still don't have much of a clue about it, but have been trying to learn. Doc got me initially interested in it seeing his bad *** setup and messing with everyone's cars.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Beer, well done mate...

Quick Reply: Nitrous AFR and EFI Live A0015 Calculator